New Year Babies - Here's to Making a January Baby!

Hi ya, working my way round forum slowly, you could spend HOURS on here......

I have been TTC since Jan, on CD26 and 12DPO (think i got that right..)

So babies concieved from now are 2010 babies!!! Cool.

Anyway hi from me. xxx

I didn't know Snuggle had got hers!!! WOW!!! That's fab.

Irish - am I right in reading that things are looking hopeful for you this month???

Hello Rebecca! Yes, one could spend hours on here! Is so hard not to read everything that is going on.

2010 babies here we come!

Hi Rebecca & Jmac -you should try and get a ticker put up that counts your cycle then you will always know where you are in your cycle.go to lilypie.com i copied mine off the girls.

Cazd- you ok ?you're very quiet today
Irish- pleaseeeeeee update us. i've my fingers crossed all day
Claire- not sure if your are checking in but i hope you are ok and will be in great spirits when you return.x
Conswayla-always the source of great encourgement.x
Samzi- i just read your journal, sorry pet x
sorry if i forgot anyone.

Oh girls I sorry...I got distracted on the web today. If you read my journal theres a little update...but its not good. Spotting I am afraid is getting heavier...just a bit peeved that my cycle is longer this month but I have waffled a bit about the B vits I have been taking.

Im on CD6 today so im gonna start SMEP in two days, yay getting excited as it is so boring waiting to ovulate lol

I'm still having pinkish discharge today, I'm fed up with this! Why can't the :witch: just go away completely!!

Also I asked DH about BDing tonight (getting some practice in!) and he said he might be too tired :roll:

Hi Monkeyfeet, don't ask him sorry just jump him. That way he can't say no.xxx

ok ladies, remember i was on about the progesterone cream. well it has been bugging me so i found this on the internet, so i'm thinking i might get some progesterone cream and just use it during the two week wait. that means i would need to get some today. i can't put the website down as i think it will get blocked but this is a direct quote.

"Progesterone and it’s role in getting pregnant.
Progesterone
Progesterone is produced by the corpus luteum and is essential for building and maintaining a lining of the uterus into which the fertilized egg can implant and continue to grow. Progesterone levels increase after ovulation and hence make the women more fertile. Although under ideal conditions it sometimes works as a contraceptive, progesterone is also, conversely, used in some fertility therapies.

Progesterone rises in the blood following ovulation, peaks on days 5-9, and then declines and ideally day 26 should be shortly before a menstrual period. A progesterone level is best timed using a basal body temperature record or an ovulation prediction kit. A peak value of progesterone is above 10 ng/ml.

Progesterone and getting pregnant
An adequate amount of progesterone is crucial to a woman who is trying to become pregnant. That is because, it actually prepares the uterine wall for implantation of the fertilized egg. Insufficient levels of progesterone, or if it is produced for too little time, can mean the egg cannot survive inside the hostile uterine lining. This is known as a defective or inadequate luteal phase or luteal phase defect.

Luteal Phase Defect and progesterone
The luteal phase is the latter half of the menstrual cycle during which the corpus luteum produces progesterone to maintain the endometrial lining of the uterus in the hope of a fertilized egg. When the corpus luteum stops producing progesterone it disintegrates and your period begins. The length of the luteal phase can be observed and ideally it should be longer than about 10 days. A defective luteal phase is when the length of time during which progesterone is produced (i.e. between ovulation and menstruation beginning) is insufficient to allow a fertilized egg to implant as the lining has begun to disintegrate.

Miscarriages and progesterone
If a woman has had four or five miscarriages in the first six or eight weeks of a pregnancy, this is always due to luteal phase failure. Progesterone is needed to facilitate implantation and to prevent rejection of the developing embryo. You should wait till you ovulate, and then four to six days after possible conception do a blood test for hCG to see if you’re pregnant. If you are, start the progesterone; that way you will increase you chance of having a healthy baby.

Ovulatory dysfunction and progesterone
Progesterone treatment can also be used to induce fertility when there appears to be ovulatory dysfunction. A study was performed involving fifty women who had lived with infertility for a minimum of one-and-a-half years. Seventy percent of the women conceived within six months while exclusively using progesterone therapy.
From all the data it seems clear that progesterone offers an options therapy with no risks to the patient and will be likely to benefit those wishing to get pregnant. Additional reports indicate that without progesterone treatment, women with luteal phase defect are at very high risk for spontaneous abortion. Progesterone has been found to be important in maintaining a pregnancy during the early months"
END OF QUOTE

so do i get the progesterone cream or not that is the question???? plus how can you get a blood test. imagine going to the doctor and saying "um can you take a blood test because i want to know if i have conceived and if i have i want to start putting progesterone cream on". i think she would march me out the door and say i'm thinking too much. if you are wondering where you put it as well, dont worry, it's either under the tongue or on parts of your face and arms.

hi ladies.

hope your all good. Sorry about the spotting irish, hope shes just playing tricks on you :hugs:

well we didnt get any BD in last night again, cos by the time we went to bed i was knackered. iI think the wine played a part in that, one or two glasses and i get really sleepy - more and i get drunk :rofl: - sadly last night it was the former.

got a little bit of ov pain still and my temp has gone down. will do the OPK later and see what that says!

must get :sex: in tonight otherwise i have a feeling i will be out of the game :cry:

we will see!
x

hope you can get some BDing in tonight samzi! good luck!

Ive just remembered that my OH has to work from home tonight from 12am-5.30 am, and he needs to be kept awake. My perfect opportunity :rofl:

Well, she is here in full force today but I am ok about that. After I seen the spotting I was willing her to come because I didn't want my cycle to be so long. But now I am only onto CD1!!!! So behind many of you.

Hey ladies :wave: its been a while since I've been here. Been checkin in on ya'll tho, just haven't posted.
Mostly cause there isn't much to post about. Waiting to ov now... Have a look at my chart, I am not liking the looks of it right now.
I am using a new BBT and my temps are sooooo flat! Two temps have been different since af left, but the majority have been 96.50. Guess it will be interesting to see if they rise after ov, whenever that may be...:roll:
Yesterday I has spotty cm, dunno why...I haven't ovulated yet, so it couldn't be from that. And dh and I didn't have sex 2 days ago, so it couldn't be from that either.. I am hoping its not from cp checking...
Ugh. I can't wait to see two pink lines on my opk tests.
Good luck ladies.

Irish- sorry about AF she is such a wagon, hopefully that is the last time you will see here for well over 9 months.
Samzi sounds like your on a baby making mission. xxx
Premomt- hi, hope you get your two lines.

Sorry about the :witch: Irish. heres to this cycle!!

Premomt~ Nice to see you back :) Time leading up to O is a dull time :sleep:
Hopefully you will get that pos opk soon!!

Thanks for all the info Gumb, I never knew all of that!!

Well leaving DH in charge of :sex: so far is great. I feel so relaxed and enjoying it.....wow! :happydance: So far just CD 10, 12 (which is today) so hopefully he will be up for more in the next day or 2. I am not putting any pressure on him. I am worried about my temps......they seem high to me, but we will see. They have dropped a bit, so I do expect that I will O soon then? I have no idea really. I have 4 sites where I am charting now!

sorry can't help you with the temps thing. not sure if i'm right or not but wont' you only know if you have ovulated afterwards and not before as you will see your graph change afterwards. or have i got it all wrong.
i will get my bbt tomorrow.:happydance:

won't be on line tonight for a while. I am doing a course through work and i have an exam tomorrow and i have done no study. so i have to try and cram tonight. for some reason i have no interest at all. my mind keeps drifting off to all kinds of things. mainly babies. plus i've to stop pressing my (.)(.) as im trying to work out if they feel sore, but they don't but with all this pressing and poking i'm doing i will make them sore.( in case your wondering i'm doing this in the house, nobody can see me) well except my DH. who thinks i've gone mad. But i've no symptoms then again i do have 8 days till tesing.

Snugglebot- what symptoms did you get? and when did you get them?xx

WELL HELLO LADIES !!!

Ooh - and we've got some newcomers too. Welcome to the "trying to relax and not to symptom spot but just can't help ourselves" thread !

I've been going crazy - not able to get on here for the past few days. We've got a youngster in on work experience - but he's the son of our friends - and we're not telling anyone we're TTC - so I couldn't risk him seeing BnB !

Well at least I haven't missed much. Is it all over for you Irish?

Gumb - how can you get hold of this progesterone - is it prescription only?
I'm taking baby asprin post OV to thin my blood and hopefully stop any m/c causing clots.

Since there's a few of us after a New Year Baby - fancy giving me your :bfp: dates and I'll put them in the 1st post?
(see that... bfp dates... Yup - I'm FULL of PMA for 2010!)

WOV is sooo dull though !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"