Newbie to TTC, looking for other newbie buddies! :) 33 ladies, 6 BFPs!!

Bee Bee, any luck on ovulating or anything this cycle? Your chart seems to say the answer to that is no... :(

Bee Bee, any luck on ovulating or anything this cycle? Your chart seems to say the answer to that is no... :(

Yeah, apparently not. I got a false positive OPK on Sunday though...

I have an appointment with an OBGYN next week to try to figure this out.

How are you sure it was a false positive? Just based on your temps showing otherwise? That's such a bummer. Can you take Clomid? I don't know much about it but isn't that supposed to help you ovulate? Or maybe you have to wait until a new cycle to take it...?

How are you sure it was a false positive? Just based on your temps showing otherwise? That's such a bummer. Can you take Clomid? I don't know much about it but isn't that supposed to help you ovulate? Or maybe you have to wait until a new cycle to take it...?

This was the OPK.

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/kai1985/1781811_10152266476278561_1149933566_o.jpg

I posted it several places and got lots of opinions and everyone, including myself, views this as a positive OPK. I only got negative OPKs the next day after this one. And then, yes, since it's been 72 hrs since the + OPK and my temps haven't shifted, I am pretty confident that the OPK must have been a false positive. :(

What a bummer. Here's to hoping your thermometer is just on the fritz! ;)

This was the OPK.

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/kai1985/1781811_10152266476278561_1149933566_o.jpg

I posted it several places and got lots of opinions and everyone, including myself, views this as a positive OPK. I only got negative OPKs the next day after this one. And then, yes, since it's been 72 hrs since the + OPK and my temps haven't shifted, I am pretty confident that the OPK must have been a false positive. :(

Not necessarily. OPKs don't tell you when you will ovulate. They just tell you there's who ugh LH in your system where you could. A lot of times women who have trouble ovulating get an LH surge, but it's not enough to make them ovulate.

This was the OPK.

Not necessarily. OPKs don't tell you when you will ovulate. They just tell you there's who ugh LH in your system where you could. A lot of times women who have trouble ovulating get an LH surge, but it's not enough to make them ovulate.

Well, I mean, I've been taking OPKs every couple days for the past 50 days or so. None have been positive. Some have been close, but none have been this dark. So, this is the first LH surge I have seen this whole cycle. I understand that it doesn't tell me that I've ovulated or anything, but I typically ovulate around 24 hrs after my +OPK. Its been 72 hrs which is past the window that you are supposed to ovulate after your surge. So I am sure that I didn't end up ovulating after all.

Hi BB & all other ladies of the group :) Mind if I join? I actually just joined this site yesterday & I'm excited to meet & chat with others who are currently sharing the same feelings/emotions as I am!

My DH & I got married 8/24/13 & started TTC in September. Some months, we tried harder than others, but over the past few months, we've definitely been focusing on it more. This is the first cycle that I am temping. I temp at6:30am everyday b/c that's when I get up for work. Stinks on the weekends, though, but I'm doing it! I'm on CD13. DH & I are going to try for a Valentine's baby...very cliché, I know. hehe.

I have an OBGYN appt. with a new dr. on the 24th & I'm hoping to get some tips from her (if i'm not already preggo when I go!!). My DH & I just recently bought a house in a new area, which is why I'm switching doctors. I just can't wait to be a mom!

Well ladies, that's all I have for now. If there's anything else you want to know, just ask :flower:

Welcome! I'm glad I'm not the only one who started trying right after getting married. My husband and I got married in September and started trying in November. We got lucky on our first try. I just know people are silently counting in their heads once we tell them how far along we are to make sure we were married first hahaha. :) Good luck to you! A Valentine's day baby conception would be sweet <3

Hi BB & all other ladies of the group :) Mind if I join? I actually just joined this site yesterday & I'm excited to meet & chat with others who are currently sharing the same feelings/emotions as I am!

My DH & I got married 8/24/13 & started TTC in September. Some months, we tried harder than others, but over the past few months, we've definitely been focusing on it more. This is the first cycle that I am temping. I temp at6:30am everyday b/c that's when I get up for work. Stinks on the weekends, though, but I'm doing it! I'm on CD13. DH & I are going to try for a Valentine's baby...very cliché, I know. hehe.

I have an OBGYN appt. with a new dr. on the 24th & I'm hoping to get some tips from her (if i'm not already preggo when I go!!). My DH & I just recently bought a house in a new area, which is why I'm switching doctors. I just can't wait to be a mom!

Well ladies, that's all I have for now. If there's anything else you want to know, just ask :flower:

Of course, welcome! :) Good luck! FX'd for the VDay baby!

Hey friends! Seriously temping for the first time this month and I feel like my temps are crazy lol! Do most temps stay around the same spot or is anyone else having ranges?

Hey friends! Seriously temping for the first time this month and I feel like my temps are crazy lol! Do most temps stay around the same spot or is anyone else having ranges?

Do you have a link to your chart at all? O:

It seems when we all first start temping that they are all crazy and over the place. I think that's just because you are getting the hang of it. They shouldn't necessarily stay in one place, but more like they stay in a range then shift to another range after ovulation. :)

If you look at my chart below you can see they go all over the place but they are within the 97 range.

Hey Bee! Thanks for the help! I am probably just overthinking it :dohh: The really high temp was taken at the complete wrong time. I woke up in the middle of the night and my first thought was to put that thermometer in my mouth! :haha:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c7c10/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hey Bee! Thanks for the help! I am probably just overthinking it :dohh: The really high temp was taken at the complete wrong time. I woke up in the middle of the night and my first thought was to put that thermometer in my mouth! :haha:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c7c10/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

As I said :) It takes a bit to get used to temping. For accurate temps you need at least 3-4 hrs of sleep and to temp at the exact same time everyday

Other than the high temp, I temp at 4 am. So I should get some sort of idea this month. Thanks again! I feel like my high school health teacher lied to me! ;)

I just got done with OBGYN. Did a pelvic exam, blood draw and Ultrasound. Both of my ovaries are policystic. She isn't calling it PCOS yet though. Still not sure why on that but either way, PCOS or not my ovaries are policystic. Also strangely enough my lining is almost non existent. But she said she would actually be more concerned if it was super thick because that would mean I have hormone issues. She's gonna get back to me tomorrow to let me know the blood results. She did write me a script for Provera to force a period. First step is going to be to force a period and hope that it restarts my system; like rebooting a computer. She also mentioned that I'll need to continue losing weight as less body fat will mean less estrogen production

Hey BB. Just read your last post. have you heard back from your doctor yet?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Hey BB. Just read your last post. have you heard back from your doctor yet?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Oh yes, I did! I don't have PCOS but I definitely have polycystic ovaries. I started on Provera last night to kick start a period. Should see one next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->