• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Newbie to TTC, looking for other newbie buddies! :) 33 ladies, 6 BFPs!!

I hope that can reset your system girl!

I had a rough last couple days. Had a terrible stomach bug and ended up at the ER because I couldn't even keep water down. Got some IV fluids and zofran and feeling much better now. They did ultrasound to check on baby and everything was good. Now looking back on it I am kind of irritated they didn't just do a Doppler simply because I will be charged more I'm sure for like a 30 minute ultrasound that really only needed to be a quick heartbeat check and that's about it. I am not looking forward to my bill. Of course it's always nice to see baby kicking around in there but I hated going to the ER in the first place but it was necessary. I wonder if I could contest the charge since I didn't ask for an ultrasound and I know their only policy for pregnant ladies is fetal heart sounds and since I am only 14 weeks am ultrasound wasn't quite necessary. Hmmm...

In other news, I am trying not to worry because my friend on here who was my due date buddy for a while (she got bumped back about a week) just had a missed miscarriage. Her friend just went through one a few weeks ago and I was calming her down telling her what are the chances etc and then she has to suffer through one. I know the odds are extremely low and it seems common just because of the concentration of the ladies on here but still! How ridiculous. I'm so sad for her. :( I can't imagine.

An update, I think I got my bfp today. Its pretty faint(I had to edit it to see the line without squinting) so now Im just waiting for my frer's to get here.
I cant stop crying Im just so happy right now, hope its a sticky bean.
Good luck this cycle Bee, Ill still come check up on you I got my fingers and toes crossed for ya:hugs:

Hey BB. Just read your last post. have you heard back from your doctor yet?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Oh yes, I did! I don't have PCOS but I definitely have polycystic ovaries. I started on Provera last night to kick start a period. Should see one next week.

Well I'm glad to hear you don't have PCOS!! I have my fingers crossed for you, girl!! Definitely keep us posted :)

I saw my Gyn today. I told her that I used the OPK's in October with no smiley & that I temped this month - CD22 with no temp spike. I said I'm afraid I'm not ovulating, but she said she's confident I am. She said my periods are way to regular to not be ovulating. But she did say my hormones could be off. I have to go for blood work on my next cycle - once on CD3 & once more on CD20. I also need to have my thyroid tested b/c I've had issues with it in the past, but she wants me to see my regular dr for that. When I was younger & I thought about having kids, I never thought it would be this stressful! But it'll definitely all be worth it for us when we get our BFP's :)

Alright ladies I'm back, I'm officially in my tww again. I am trying but to symptom spot this month, well I'm going to try not to as much as I did last month.

I'm only 1 dpo so here's to a long tww haha

Hi all! Just wanted to join the thread! Seems like you have a great conversation and group. I guess I'll start with my bio and story https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

I am 27 and have been married to my husband for a year and a half or so… we have been together for almost 8 though! We live in Fort Worth, TX.

Got off the pill last April but we didn't want to try actively until this year. I was lucky and regular coming off the pill and thought I O'ed around the 4th of January (so we tried) but then my AF! I was so excited but just turns out it was nothing! AF never came so started provera and now I am on CD9. Did some blood test and everything came back normal. So I am just hoping I got a good reboot and now we can start again!

I am attempting to temp and am taking opk's to figure out when I am ovulating!

Alright ladies I'm back, I'm officially in my tww again. I am trying but to symptom spot this month, well I'm going to try not to as much as I did last month.

I'm only 1 dpo so here's to a long tww haha

Good luck to you girl!! I've got my fingers crossed for you. I know how hard it is not to analyze every single ache, pain or "weird" feeling during the TWW!! You can do it :)

Hi all! Just wanted to join the thread! Seems like you have a great conversation and group. I guess I'll start with my bio and story https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

I am 27 and have been married to my husband for a year and a half or so… we have been together for almost 8 though! We live in Fort Worth, TX.

Got off the pill last April but we didn't want to try actively until this year. I was lucky and regular coming off the pill and thought I O'ed around the 4th of January (so we tried) but then my AF! I was so excited but just turns out it was nothing! AF never came so started provera and now I am on CD9. Did some blood test and everything came back normal. So I am just hoping I got a good reboot and now we can start again!

Welcome!!! Nice to meet you :) I am temping for the first time this month. I'm on CD 24 now & never saw a temp spike, but I met w/ my dr. yesterday & she thinks it's user error b/c my AF is so regular that she doesn't believe I'm not ovulating. She said there are so many factors that can mess up the temp, so don't be alarmed if it's hard to see the spike. But I really hope for your sake that it's easy for you!!! If you're using OPK's too, then I guess you should be all set :)

Welcome!!! Nice to meet you :) I am temping for the first time this month. I'm on CD 24 now & never saw a temp spike, but I met w/ my dr. yesterday & she thinks it's user error b/c my AF is so regular that she doesn't believe I'm not ovulating. She said there are so many factors that can mess up the temp, so don't be alarmed if it's hard to see the spike. But I really hope for your sake that it's easy for you!!! If you're using OPK's too, then I guess you should be all set :)

I hope… we will see! I am not relying on it too much but wanted to see if it worked! Good luck to you with everything! I am learning so much from reading all these posts from everyone!

I guess I can stop lurking long enough to post an update! We got our BFP the day before Valentine's Day! It figures I get it the one month I didn't get a peak on my fertility monitor.

I guess I can stop lurking long enough to post an update! We got our BFP the day before Valentine's Day! It figures I get it the one month I didn't get a peak on my fertility monitor.

Congrats girl!

Welcome!! I just started Provera myself, I have 4 or 5 days left I believe.

An update, I think I got my bfp today. Its pretty faint(I had to edit it to see the line without squinting) so now Im just waiting for my frer's to get here.
I cant stop crying Im just so happy right now, hope its a sticky bean.
Good luck this cycle Bee, Ill still come check up on you I got my fingers and toes crossed for ya:hugs:

Did you confirm your BFP yet??? O:

OMG Congratsss!

Sadly I keep getting really faint positives on every frer I take. So I mean I guess they are positive but Im waiting for it to get dark before I say its a bfp, cause Im really nervous they are indent lines or evaps since they are pretty faint.
And because of all the faint positives I've been getting on the first response, I decided to get some dollar store hpt's, I will definitely take one tonight. But lately Im so bipolar that its making every faint positive worse, like I think of all the things that are/could be wrong and freak myself out.
Anyway I will keep you updated, thanks for listening to my mini rant, I just feel really sad and alone right now:(

Sadly I keep getting really faint positives on every frer I take. So I mean I guess they are positive but Im waiting for it to get dark before I say its a bfp, cause Im really nervous they are indent lines or evaps since they are pretty faint.
And because of all the faint positives I've been getting on the first response, I decided to get some dollar store hpt's, I will definitely take one tonight. But lately Im so bipolar that its making every faint positive worse, like I think of all the things that are/could be wrong and freak myself out.
Anyway I will keep you updated, thanks for listening to my mini rant, I just feel really sad and alone right now:(

Have you tried making an appointment with the doc yet? They'll be able to tell for sure!

Have you tried making an appointment with the doc yet? They'll be able to tell for sure!
No I haven't because I dont have a doctor yet, I just got put on my husbands insurance in January and I know if I went they would do a urine test but they dont do blood tests until its confirmed by the urine which is what Im already trying to do:wacko:

No I haven't because I dont have a doctor yet, I just got put on my husbands insurance in January and I know if I went they would do a urine test but they dont do blood tests until its confirmed by the urine which is what Im already trying to do:wacko:

Well if you are getting faint BFPs then that should constitute a blood test. Also, are you late yet? If you are late for period as well then they definitely should!

And it doesn't have to be an OBGYN or anything just yet! :) Most General Practice offices will confirm a pregnancy for you, then you can grab an OBGYN after if it's positive.

And yes, they offer urine tests too! :) So, if nothing else, you can take a urine test there and if its positive, they can confirm it with blood right after.

Well if you are getting faint BFPs then that should constitute a blood test. Also, are you late yet? If you are late for period as well then they definitely should!

And it doesn't have to be an OBGYN or anything just yet! :) Most General Practice offices will confirm a pregnancy for you, then you can grab an OBGYN after if it's positive.

And yes, they offer urine tests too! :) So, if nothing else, you can take a urine test there and if its positive, they can confirm it with blood right after.

Like Bee Bee says, I just went to my primary care doctor. They did a urine test that came back with a very faint positive so they did a blood test. My HCG was only 43 at the time. If anything, go in the next couple days and your levels should have doubled by then!

Are you doing the 10day? My doc had me do 5 days but I took a pill twice a day…. seems like the 10 day is more popular with dr. but whatever it is it got me jump started! Good luck to you!

Are you doing the 10day? My doc had me do 5 days but I took a pill twice a day…. seems like the 10 day is more popular with dr. but whatever it is it got me jump started! Good luck to you!

I am doing the 10 day! I haven't had a period in over 90 days so my doc did a full work up and then gave me provera. I was like you, no hormonal issues, just ovarian cysts. I think she chose the 10 day to slowly mimic what my body would do if I had ovulated. She's hoping it'll jump start my system and that I'll ovulate properly next month. :)

Yeah you guys are right, Ill make an appt. Thanks ladies Ill keep you all updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"