No af...baby is 13 months old.

Well today is my ob appointment to see if there is anything serious keeping my af away or if it's just a combination of part time bf and the fact I can stand to lose some weight. I have been the size I am now before and never went more than 2-3 months without af, so I can't see that being the issue. Not that I need to make excuses lol...I'm working on a healthy eating plan to see if it helps.

Thanks sdc!
It does help to hear from people that are in the same boat as us. I really hope it is just the bf that is messing me up and that my dd will give it up soon.

Im sure it is hun- bf is a better contraceptive for me than bcp(i've conceived twice on it!)its hard to stop a toddler too when they love it.

So my OB has me on progesterone to see if we can force my body to work properly, he was shocked when I said that I haven't had af in almost 19 months. He said if the progesterone works then we are probably looking at secondary infertility as my ovaries aren't working properly. If it doesn't work then I don't know what the next step is...
Lots of blood work and tests in my future as well as high blood pressure medication because my blood pressure has been up since I had my dd. Gotta lose some pounds and get healthy and see if that does anything as well. He also suggested that it might be beneficial for me to stop bf dd.

So not so many answers but working on answering all the right questions.

I think its fantastic that you met with ob and are trying things like progesterone. It all sounds really positive. But i have to say 19 months is not crazy long at all to not see af if you are still breastfeeding, though v.annoying. Give it a quick google and you will see the average is 14 months, often much longer. My baby was born in jan 2013 and af came back april 2014, this is totally normal- your ob should not have been shocked. Jan 2013-babys 1st bday i did cut back to bf only from 6ish in evening and once/twice at night-had him on cows milk by day from this point (+freezer stash). I also stopped pumping then, af showed within 10 wks of these changes.if ur bfing a lot, it wont come back-sends your body the message that your still nourishing one and not ready for another. I went on to bf in the evening and night until he was 23 months. Cycles were a bit irregular, some a few days longer than others but af showed every month and i ovulated every month. Hang in there, its probably coming soon!

I agree that bfing really can keep the cycle away for a long time! Number of times sucking, etc, night feedings, co sleeping, those can all keep you from cycling and for many women, any amount of bfing can keep AF away. Hopefully it is the case for you!

I've still got nothing!! Baby almost 22 months lol good luck ☺

So I took the 7 days of progesterone and we are just over a week weaned! :happydance:
So af has shown herself but I think it was the progesterone that did it cause I'm not sure weaning on its own would be that fast.
But either way we have a starting point and should be able to really start working on #2. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing your situations with me ladies, it really helped me a lot!
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->