No af...baby is 13 months old.

pokatobug

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have been ntnp for a few months now and I'm starting to get worried that we might have issues with having #2. I haven't had af show up since having our dd and she is now 18 months old. I have been bf her part time as I work full time and I'm not home to bf her all day. I was hoping when I went back to work that af would return and we would be good to go...not the case apparently. :shrug:
Anyone else have the same problem? Currently or in the past? How long did it take you to conceive the next baby?

I'm still bf my son who is 16 months and I thought I was getting my cycles back but nope. We have been ntnp since he was 6 months. Good luck!

I went back to work when my son was 11 months, so that's when breastfeeding became a bit less common, though he did in the mornings before work, right after work and then again during the night... He was close to 2 when I got my period again, I believe. I wasn't trying (still not) but I can imaigne that's frustrating, wanting to get pregnant but the body is preventing the natural cycle that would allow it...

Thanks for the responses!
I was beginning to think that I was the only one....

bcos21 - Thanks and good luck to you as well!
Candice - Thanks! It can be frustrating but being able to chat with other moms helps for sure!

:flower:

Hey there! You sound a lot like me at the moment. Just waiting! For ME atleast, I do not become fertile until I completely wean... But I know plenty of women where this is not the case.
DD1- AF came 3 months after weaning
DS1- AF came 4 months after weaning
DS2- Just weaned on 1/15, had what I thought was first O 2 weeks ago... but now confused bc I still dont have AF, only a little spotting on monday, and all negative HPTs.

All the statistics say that the average "return to fertility" is 14mo PP. Im trying to prove that one wrong too, but looks like my body may do the whole 3 or 4 month post weaning thing until I get to try again!

My cycles didn't come back until around 11 months after my second baby, and I was pregnant three cycles later.

AF came back a little sooner after my first baby (between 7-8 months PP) and it only took me 2 months to conceive the next. That ended in an early miscarriage and I was pregnant in another 2 moths.

I don't really think the timing of your cycles returning has a lot of bearing on how long it will take to conceive, but I don't know how scientific that is. lol

Also, in case you're curious, I was still breastfeeding each time I got pregnant. :)

Thanks!

Babydust - The wait is hard! :wacko:
:dust::dust: for both of us!

Harley - Thanks! My sil also got pregnant while breast feeding. But she got af like 6 months pp. I wish...

Might have to try a test this weekend...unless of course I'm just getting a bug.
I have been feeling off and nauseous yesterday and today.

Still nothing...no af...no bfp.

Gotta try losing some weight and go from there. Get healthy for the next baby to be healthy. :dust:

If you're into this kind of thing, I've done this fertility "detox" diet a few times. It's a quick, 4-7 day diet where you eat foods that are meant to be kind to your liver and digestion so that it balances out your hormones. If you're looking to get healthy and/or lose weight, it might be worth a try. :)

https://www.allaboutyou.com/health/health-advice/get-healthy-get-pregnant-52626

Good luck!

Are you still feeding in the night? I think night feeds have the most impact on cycles returning but then it also depends on the person.

I didn't get mine back until I completely weaned my first at 15 months. He was still feeding occasionally at night I think so that seemed to keep my cycle away.

Thanks Harley! I will look into that!

ttc: I am still feeding at night and mostly in the afternoon when we get home for the day. Hopefully something happens soon, I'm almost ready to be done breast feeding and my girl is only doing it out of comfort I think. So maybe that will help my situation a little bit.

Thanks ladies!!

My baby is almost 15 months and I just got my cycles back. It's all in how much baby is nursing. Your body won't say it;s ready for another baby if it thinks it's still majorly supporting one. It'll happen. If you want it faster, try dropping one or two feedings (slowly, so your 13 month old doesn't lose their minds) and that should start signally your body that baby is more independant.

Thanks SugarBeth!
It makes me a little less worried to know that there are other women that don't get their cycles back right away.

Our lo's are very close in age! :flower:

I still have no cycle back, I figure it will take until I begin weaning, like my first. I keep cramping, and having ewcm so something is happening. It is no fun to be in limbo.

I'm in the same boat KatyM!
Cramping and cm stuff but no period. It's beginning to get frustrating in a way, either happen or don't happen and give me a :bfp: lol!
I really want my dd to have a sibling soon as I will be 35 in a couple years and I don't want to be ttc after 35 as this is frustrating enough!

:dust: to all of us trying!

Pokatobug, I agree that it is frustrating to be in limbo. I also am having raging moms so I wish it would just regulate. Hope you get your cycles back soon. Mine is nearly 11 months so I assume I will need to wait awhile for my AF

I didn't get my cycle back until just over 16 months.
Good luck hun, hope it happens for you soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->