No Movement ..

thanks thats me leaving to go to MW, going to give her a peace of my mind.. please dont judge me that i havent been up myself already but this is my first baby and the hospital have refused to see me saying they are too busy .. nobody go to Princess Royal in glasgow!! ill keep you updated!! xx

No-one is judging you honey. You expect the medical advice you get to be good and people on the whole listen to their doctors. However, on this occasion they've been utterly wrong! I don't care how busy they think they are, to listen in on a doppler takes seconds!

I truly hope all is well and bubs is just keeping you on your toes. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Without doubt, you need to complain about this treatment - it is far from good enough.

:hugs:

not that i am wanting to gatecrash kirsty thread but youve all convinced me to ring me MW. Going on my lunch soon and goona call her...even if just for reassureance that reduced movements is fine...its no movements we should be worrying about.

good luck kirsty...will be thinking about you!!!

xxx

not that i am wanting to gatecrash kirsty thread but youve all convinced me to ring me MW. Going on my lunch soon and goona call her...even if just for reassureance that reduced movements is fine...its no movements we should be worrying about.

xxx
I tell you what use to wake my little boy up when i had reduced movements. A glass of coke that I gulped as fast as possible, or putting music to my tummy... :)

Best of luck hun hope everything is ok for you. I didnt feel movement for 1 day and my hospital gave me a scan that day to make sure bubs was ok... he was just laying breech with his back facing my belly so all movement was internal and not against me.

Like everyone, I'm disgusted at how you've been treated Kirsty!

Once this is all sorted out, you need to put in a formal, written complaint to the the Supervisor of Midwives at your hospital (they might go under a different title), and send a copy to AIMS (Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services) for their support and advice.

This goes for anyone else being screwed around by their midwifery service too.

I've got everything crossed for you Kirsty!! Massive hugs hun, you shouldn't've been put through this! xxx

Really hope everythings ok with baby :hugs: Also I have been told babies should not go quite before labour so still ensure your getting your 10 movements in 12 hours ladies! xxx

I think you're doing all you can, the best you can do by going to the hospital but as many ladies have already said movement can decrease a lot at this point. I b arely felt Egglet move at all last week and figured it's because he's gotten so big. This weekend just gone he never stopped I swear!! They have moods apparently and sometimes they just don't feel like doing a whole lot. Hope you get some reassurance from the hospital and feel better. Take care. :hugs: xx

I'm 27 weeks and I dont feel much kicking unless I'm being active or Ive drank something sugary. She does hiccup alot though and it eases my worry.

hope everything is okay! sending positive thoughts your way! I know how scared I get when I don't remember feeling my LO move throughout the day and can't imagine being brushed off like that. Hopefully he's just lying in an odd position or is moving when you're distracted and don't really feel it. :hugs:

I really hope all is well - I don't think anyone is judging you but possibly judging the crappy midwife - you should have been sent to A&E or fetal assessment on that first day you didn't feel anything - 10 movements a day is the guideline hun, even towards the very very end. My baby has quiet days but always the 10 at least... now he's having a mad couple days where he's moving non stop and I'm 35 weeks. I really hope you're ok and baby is just resting x x x

xxx
I tell you what use to wake my little boy up when i had reduced movements. A glass of coke that I gulped as fast as possible, or putting music to my tummy... :)

i tried coke last night but didnt do anything. still getting movements but only a few and the 'kicks' have stopped completely.

xxx

xxx

i tried coke last night but didnt do anything. still getting movements but only a few and the 'kicks' have stopped completely.

xxx
The kicks stopped for me too when i was around 35 weeks. It turns into waves of baby lol.. if that makes sense?
I will see baby move... elbow here, leg there, bum everywhere...

I cant stress how much you should get it checked out. I was 27+3 when i had a full day of not feeling alex kicking, and then she was born the next day. I wish I had spoke to someone about it, and i should even have went to the labour ward so they couldnt really palm me off.

I was sent to outpatients which was stupid becase 6 hours later she was born.

Do you have a "Day Assessment Centre" or similar (sometimes you just go to the local delivery ward to be checked out)? Personally I would, straight away (wouldn't hang around for the MW)... generally they say to do that if you haven't noticed any movement during the normal "busy" times in the day...

Babies do go through "quiet times" (for various reasons - like tired/growing/position - and it is normally fine), but always worth getting it checked out :thumbup:

Good luck and take care :hugs:

QT

Anyone heard from Kirsty since her app? I really hope she and LO is ok.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->