No routine?

Ma petite

Jes, Mommy to Eli
Reaction score
I was just wondering if all the mommy's here have a routine they stick to pretty regularly?

Personally my LO never did very well with a routine. He doesn't really do anything the same but wake up and go to sleep at night. In between that time it's different every day.

In the beginning I tried really hard to do EASY but Eli was always frustrated because he doesn't nap as long as recommended and then we would end up in a battle for the duration of the nap.

So I just stopped pushing it. And now he's so happy all the time. Some days he'll only take a few 30mins naps and some days the naps are longer. The only thing we do consistently is wake up 7-7:30 and bedtime 8-8:30. We also always have a bottle around 6 followed by a bath.

I read somewhere that some babies work themselves in a nature routine while others are all over the place.

How about you?

I don't have a routine either. Bryson does different things everyday so there is no use in having one. He doesn't even have a bedtime routine either. Some nights he goes to sleep around 8 and others around 9, just depends on him. His daytime naps are all over the place too. They will be 30 minutes and some up to 2 hours. I am a stay at home mom so I don't see the need in a routine. He is a good baby though. He hardly ever fusses anymore, only for a few minutes when he goes down for his naps. I was truely blessed!

No routine at all!
I think part of it is that he is still small and sleeps most of the time though. Also, I now that I am not working, I don't have one either LOL ... We eat when we're hungry and sleep when we're tired! I am going to try and establish a bit of one in the new year though - like a regular bedtime!!
xx

No routine as such. I take her up to bed at around 8.30 but she can go to sleep anywhere between 9 and 10. Thats is, everything else is as and when, baby led.

We have a bedtime routine but during the day we just take things as they come. Harvey seems happy enough with that.

The only routine we have has been set by LO - and we do kind of have one but it's very flexible. It works well for us :)

We dont have a routine as such either. Jack has his own pattern, he will want to go upstairs by about 8pm & wants to get up in the morning by 7am. He feeds duting the night like clock work, usually 12.30am 3.30am & 6.30am.
I also wonder if I should be in more of a routine & really hate it when members of my family say 'oh you should give him a bath everynight to get him in a routine'.

I suppose we all have to find our own way of doing things :)

We do have a routine in terms of nap times, feeding times and bedtime but it was all set by Sam not me!

Evie doesnt have much of a routine yet, but personally I think she's too young yet. She will sleep when she's tired and feed when she's hungry and there's no pattern to it yet. We do however, give her a bath every other night and a bigger bottle (6oz instead of 5) at night. I've read that babies cant differentiate day from night till they're about 3 months old so I guess it'll come in time. Evie sets the pace for us right now and we're happy with that.. if a little tired lol!!

Mynx you might be right, it was only just before 3 months before Alex seems to click and realise its bedtime - and sleeps for up to 8 hours straight.

I really tried in the beginning and got so stressed out because Stevie wouldn't do what 'the book' said! DH begged me to throw the book out, which I did and everyone was much happier. Stevie pretty fell into her own routine straight away. It varies a bit but not usually more than an hour or two here and there. I should have know when the author of 'the book' didn't have her own kids..

i never had a set routine for zane i waited for him to make his own.

hes had afew different routines but the one hes got now seems to have stuck, he doesnt stick to nap time routines so he goes down different times of the day but i try and stick to meal times and also his bedtime routine and time.

My DH and I were just joking the other day about this -- my MIL asked for a written account of LO's routine that she could reference when she babysat.

We were like :huh: Ermm... there isn't one.

Like DH said... he eats when he is hungry, sleeps when he is tired. That's it.

There is another thread about it here:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/239197-am-only-one.html

When Eli was first born he was very upset about being removed from the womb. LOL He put us through quite an ordeal the first few weeks. He wanted to sleep but couldn't get there, etc. So, my sister brought home all these books to help. One of those books was the Baby Whisperer book, which promotes EASY (Eat, Activity, Sleep, Your Time). It sounds good in theory but we went through hell trying to make it work and eventually I just gave up. Eli still does a little EAS but sometimes not. There is a board centered around these theories that I used to frequent...but then I was asked not to discuss co-sleeping because it was dangerous and that was the end of that. And, that's why I realized I just wasn't that type of mother.

The book promotes not revolving your life around your baby and I guess I just want my life to revolve about my baby! LOL

There is a board centered around these theories that I used to frequent...but then I was asked not to discuss co-sleeping because it was dangerous

:shock:

:hissy: :grr: :hissy: :grr:

That makes me angry. I understand that co-sleeping is not for everyone and that is fine. But I get very frustrated when others are so cut and dry judgemental about certain parenting choices.

And co-sleeping is NOT dangerous when done CORRECTLY! There is even research supporting co-sleeping is safer if moms BFed, too.

My life absolutely revolved around my baby for the first 4 months. Only now, at 5 months, am I starting to balance things a bit more and include some "us" time for me and my DH. Everything else can wait for a while longer! Infants need their parent(s)!

i no its off topic but when zane had his jabs when younger hed hold his breath in the night and scared me half to death so i was very happy i co slept so i was able to feel him not breath n was able to get him to start again.

it was very scary, co sleeping was great altho i do think its to blame for him being a rubbish sleeper now lol

^^ My LO stopped breathing randomly one time, too. Only started up again when he heard me take a very deep breath and copied it. :shock:

^^ My LO stopped breathing randomly one time, too. Only started up again when he heard me take a very deep breath and copied it. :shock:

yeah its scary id flip zane onto his tummy and put him on my chest and hed start breathing again, i cudnt help but think what it he wasnt right next to me i wudnt of noticed.

such a scary thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"