Non Routine But Happy??

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here doesn't bother with a routine for there LO??

I did start one but we couldn't stick to it. If we go out anywhere she will sleep the whole time meaning when we got home her feeding times would be all messed up. Now our day goes like this -

7am - I get up & get my brother ready for school. At some point Maya wakes around now & I feed her. Once Lewis has left the house, Maya is bathed, dressed & put down in moses basket while I get ready. She normally falls asleep but I don't force the issue

Then I just follow her lead for the rest of the day. If she sleeps that's great, if not, that's fine

10pm or later - Last bottle & put in basket where she now settles her self. Sometimes straight away, other nights she lies fast awake for ages

It may not be perfect but it works for us :D

I didnt have a routine with my 1st. It was similar to yours. I just followed her and she was excellent! From 2months she slept all night, settling herself. So i think its fine if it works for you! :hugs:

Hey hun,

I know Rihanna is a fair bit young than Maya, but we do the same..... Unless she goes n sleeps more than 5 hours through the day, in which case I gentley wake her.

When we go out, Rihanna sleeps for hours too lol xx

She is generally very good and we do the same as you in the morning so I can get ready... and most morning she is happy to just lay there or nod off xx

I only bath her every other day at the moment and usually around 6pm.

I don't really bother with the whole routine issue.

I mean,we have some routine...especially at night,I just do the things that work for both of us. :)
Plus,Lola-Rose is really active,I just go with her pace.

Yep no routine here either... courtney will sometimes want milk 2 hours after her last feed sometimes 5 hours... so :shrug:

I couldnt have had a routine if id have tried when Caeden was that young LOL.. i followed what he wanted and found it much easier than forcing anything on him, until he was aroun 6-7 months then started introducing a routine. It didnt work very well for a while but now he's just turned one and it goes well most days. His routine now is..

7:30 (ish) - get up
8am - Bottle
9am - Breakfast
11am (ish) - nap for around 1 and half hrs
1:30pm - Lunch
6pm - Tea
7pm - bath then play for 15 min
7:30pm - Bottle and he's usually in bed for 8

Sometimes he'll have another short nap between Lunch and Tea which means he may go bed a little later, depends how tired he is.

I must admit, i do like it now im in a routine but up until 7 months i found it impossible and was very happy going with whatever he wanted :D

x

We don't have a routine either. Tegan doesn't sleep a lot through the day and will feed randomly. Today she's been quite good, going about 3 hours between feeds. She's having a growth spurt and is being really cranky today. pah!

we have no day time routine at all i just go with the flow but we have a night time one xxx

i never had a routine with nicole except for bedtime (which isnt set in stone) and its pretty much the same for callum. Whatever works best for you!

we have no routine because most evenings are spent pacing the floor with colic :-( But I like routine and wish we could start getting into one. I cant get her to sleep before 10pm! Its nice to know Im not the only one who doesn thave a routine though, because I felt like I was the only one!

we have no routine with maddi with regards to day time naps, and she tells me when shes hungry. she seems to have her own inbuilt routine and i follow that. shes a creature of habbit and i follow her and its the same everyday bless her :cloud9: i think you just do what works for you x x x x x :hugs:

Hannah built her own routine really. During the day I feed on demand, most days its every 4 hours or so but sometimes as short as 2 hours, sometimes as long as six :shock: She sleeps when she's tired and when she's awake we play. At night we do the whole bath, bed thing, but don't always give her a bottle (depends on when she last ate and if she wants one, sometimes she just goes straight to sleep). We do dream feed her though around 10ish and she still gets up for a bottle at night. Wakes between 7-8 and we start again :D

No routine here iether , never did with Carly iether until she got older.
Of course the only routine is bed time at night but the days are ruled by her really she can do whatever she wants whens he wants! I will just make sure things are done for her , she will tell me when she needs, wants something ;)

Works for us! And easier then having to faff over a schedule!

Bedtime routine only.The rest of the day he can eat and sleep whenever he likes.He is a happy baby and his mommy is not stressed trying to stick to a schedule!

we dont have one, were going to sart this week but were going on hols so didnt think theres much point till we get back

xxx

i have no routine with ali at all!
i put him to bed at night when he is ready. he usually gets his bath at about 7pm and that is our routine!
seems to work cos he sleeps 7 hours straight every night.
i am sure one will fall into place soon!

Christine
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"