Not getting + test

Karenesque9

Reaction score
I know some people have suggested testing in the AM... but the box says afternoon urine is best so that's what I've been doing. I do make sure it's been 4 hours since I've last gone... but no + tests. (last few months I only tested with OPK when I got EWCM, but this is first month I bought the cheap strips so I can test every day.)

I'll get EWCM and temp rise, but never a + OPK... so am I ovulating or not?? :shrug:

Anyone get pregnant on a cycle with no + OPK but other signs of ovulation?

The LH surge usually happens in the morning. It takes a while to make it's way to your urine. If you have your surge in the morning & you test in the morning, it probably won't be detected yet in your urine. So, testing around 2 pm gives it time to get there. The other factor is that some people's surge is only detectable in their urine about 12 hours, then it starts to fade. So, if you only test every 24 hours, you can miss it. In addition to holding your pee for 4 hours, try to limit fluids. Drinking too much can dilute your urine and also dilute the LH, so the test won't detect it. Some people's surge lasts longer than 24 hours, so those people can test anytime and will see a +. :)

Hmm... Is it common to have a less than 24 hour LH surge?

Would you recommend testing in morning and afternoon, or afternoon and night? I was resisting testing twice a day to save $$ but I guess I'm going to have to to get answers!

I am unfortunately a diet dr pepper addict... so no over-hydrating here! I am gonna have a hard time kicking this habit when I get pregnant!!

February was my first month using OPK. My instructions said to test with FMU, so I did, and I got my + no prob. I had + for about 3 days. So, my surge must stay in my urine a long time. Then I learned it is better to do 2pm, (but I work at that time) so this month I tested at 4pm and got my +. I was only testing once a day, but on the day I had a really close line, I tested again later that night. I have heard 2 pm is best. I wouldn't worry about twice a day unless you go a whole cycle without seeing a +. I'm no pro as this is only my 2nd month, but that's the info I have. I love this website for OPK questions:

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->