not good

emzlouize

mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason
Reaction score
right i dont mean to sound selfish here but expressin milk is takin over my life, seriously i cant do nothing coz im always pissin expressin :cry:

Aww hun, it is all worth it, huge :hugs: take care XX

:hugs: Cant u mix feed ? Only an idea but sometimes prem babies do well with mixed as forumla as more calories xxx

wont be long hun til man is home and ur able to give him the boob :) Have u got a electric pump? If u havent its def worth buying one but yeah u feel like a cow dont u when ur expressing :)

yeah ive got a leccy pump and 2 hand pumps lmfao, its jst that im doin it every 3 hours and its a pain in the arse! xx

I know, just put on a cool cd and think its not forever... :) xxx

I know exactly how you feel hun. Niamh wasn't prem but was born with health problems and had an NG tube for 10 weeks. I expressed for her but only managed to do it for 4 weeks. It does take over your life. I eventually stopped cause my 4 year old son asked me why i didn't play with him anymore and it was because i was either tube feeding or pumping. Hopefully your little man will be able to breastfeed soon, Niamh has a cleft palate so will never be able to breastfeed which is another reason i stopped.
Its bloody hard work hun but your doing a fab job xx

:hugs:, it can only get better xx

I know it's hard, hun, but try to stay positive and think "it's not going to be like this forever" and it is so good for Aidan! :hugs:

Is it possible to increase your flow rate? I don't know much about breastfeeding, but if you could get the milk flowing faster, then it might be less of a chore. And if it interferes too much, then there's nothing wrong with formula - your baby would rather have a happy mum and formula then booby milk and a miserable mum.

oohh, yeah, hun!! Eat lots of oats and fenugreek!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->