Not totally convinced after gender scan... opinions please! :)

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
So I had my elective gender scan today at 14w3d. I was told 98% boy. Baby wasn't cooperating. Had legs crossed almost the whole time. Maybe got into the correct position once or twice for a very short period.. but legs still crossed. The tech says she found the baby's parts, and is 98% sure it's a boy. They won't say 100%.. However, I don't feel like the parts she's pointing to are "boy" parts. In a couple pictures it looks like a leg. I didn't even get a potty shot. Maybe it's too early for the potty shot? Anyway, I am just not convinced enough to tell everyone it's a boy at this point.. I have another scan at 18 weeks to re-confirm.

The point for my post is.. does this look like a boy to you guys? Or should I wait it out for the second scan before picking names? LoL.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 43
I can see why your not convinced! I'd wait for the next scan before you tell anyone else. 14 weeks might be too early?

They are very strange gender shots indeed!!??? Pic 1 if you follow the body seems to me to show the bone coming down from the back of the knee as his bits? I'll draw what Im seeing on later if thats ok when baby stops jumping all over me :)

back again, apologies for awful drawing but, the 'its a boy' seems to me to be written by his knee or am I seeing it completely wrong:)

I would hold off on painting a nursery on these pics:)

Attachments

• Pic1a.jpg
    Pic1a.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 21
Thanks, girls. The photos just don't look definitive to me. And I've heard this early is questionable also. But I figured if it was definitely a boy, you can tell.. however, I don't see any definite "boy" parts in my opinion. Or a potty shot.. so I guess I will find out at 18 weeks. And 6lil, I totally agree. I think the baby was face up in that photo. I just don't know. So until it's a correct position or a potty shot.. I will wait to start planning. LoL.

Not only would I be dubious of ANY gender guess at that point, but there is absolutely nothing in those pictures that would even make me think it's a boy. I would definitely hold off on making any plans until you have another scan. Best of luck to you. :hugs:

I agree, baby should still have somewhat of a nub at that point too so 'anything sticking up' shouldn't signify boy yet anyway, definitely nothing in those photos that look obviously boy. Sorry you didn't get a definitive answer yet, waiting is hard! Looking forward to your update in a few weeks :)

Thanks girls! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was away for a few days. I am still holding out hope for a little girl.. but if it IS another boy.. I'll be happy too. My little man will have a best friend for life. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->