Nothing Adds Up and I'm Sad

Emmyjean

Mom to 2 Wee Lads
Reaction score
This isn't really a two-week wait post because I'm not technically IN the running right now, but it sort of is because I'm not technically OUT yet either. I just sort of want to vent to you kind ladies. Sorry in advance for the bratty rant...I basically just came here to have you make me feel better. :blush:

My 7 month old hasn't been sleeping great, so sex hasn't been very frequent lately. We BD'ed on Friday the 24th, then the next time was sometime last week (I think the 8th or 9th, I don't even know). We weren't really trying last month, but were planning on starting to TTC our third and last kid in August (this month - I'm turning 35 in a week and don't want to push it much past that because I want to be done with diapers eventually, lol).

My cycle hasn't been wonky since I had the baby - not clockwork but always 29-31 days. I am now on CD 38, no AF and BFN. This sucks for so many reasons right now.

a) my cycle apparently decided to screw itself up and turn complicated ON THE MONTH we were going to start TTC again. Great.

b) I'm not pregnant as a result of the sex on the 24th according to multiple tests (it 100% would have provided a BFP by now), so that means AF is on her way - and that means she'll probably kick down my door this weekend. Which wouldn't be that bad, except that we have a wedding to go to this weekend and went all out for the first time in years - splurged for the hotel room so we could stay the night without the kiddies, got sitters, planned a special lunch the next day, etc. AF was supposed to be long gone by now. But she's going to come ruin it, I know it.

c) If AF DOESN'T show, I'm going to be all worried that by some crazy happenstance, I got preg from the sex last week and just don't know it yet (that happened with my first - ovulated/got preg like the DAY I was supposed to get my period). I know it would be WAY too early for any ill effects or transfer, but I'll still feel weird willfully drinking at the wedding if that's a possibility. And I want that wine...it's the first time I'm meeting alot of my hubby's coworkers so, I'm going to be jittery. Lol.

d) I think I have a yeast infection on top of everything.

Sigh. Again, sorry for the rant. I just didn't expect everything to go this spectacularly wrong this month! :wacko:

I wouldnt worry too much abiut the wine. Just take a hpt that morning and if negative, go nuts! I didnt know I was pregnant with DD until 5 weeks (we werent trying) and New Years happened in that time (I only had 3 drinks but still...) anyway she turned out just fine :)

Ha thanks. Yeah, that's sort of the least of my worries - I just wanted another bullet point to complain about. ;) The umbilical cord isn't functional right away anyway...

I just really wanted a romantic night with my hubs WITHOUT my aunt in the mix, and not only that, I don't want to have my period in a hotel bed, honestly, lol. Sorry if that sounds gross...

Ha thanks. Yeah, that's sort of the least of my worries - I just wanted another bullet point to complain about. ;) The umbilical cord isn't functional right away anyway...

I just really wanted a romantic night with my hubs WITHOUT my aunt in the mix, and not only that, I don't want to have my period in a hotel bed, honestly, lol. Sorry if that sounds gross...

Yep she isn't called the witch for nothing! When we were TTC #2 we had an o/s holiday booked. AF was due the week before. Of course she was a late and arrived 2 days after we landed in our tropical paradise!

Nonetheless after that wonky cycle (and a bit of time to relax), we conceived the following month so it was worth it!

TBH I think if we got a night w/o the kids I'd have a few drinks and before returning to hotel to snore my head off!

Totally appreciate your right to vent though, it's a pain for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->