November 2011 babies

6th Nov, so excited.

Sending lots of love to all xxx

Ladies after two weeks I'll have my next check in

Hello everyone. How are you?

I saw my midwife for the first time today. She was absolutely lovely, but clearly overworked! She agreed my due date of 24 November based on ovulation and will arrange for me to have a dating scan w/c 9 or 16 May when I will be around 12-13 weeks.

I signed the form to decline downs testing as I suspect I'm high risk (being 40) and if the bloods/NT do confirm I'm high risk I'm not prepared to risk an amnio (because of the miscarriage risk) and I would never terminate on those grounds.

As I'm 40, have a BMI of 30 and a history of depression she has decided I will be subject to shared care - with her and a consultant at the local hospital. It means I'll have a few more appointments than normal but I can live with that.

I'm back to see her on 13 May for my full booking appointment when she will take bloods etc. I got my medical exemption form so need to fill that in and send it off to get my exemption card.

I've still got terrible morning sickness 24/7 which I'm currently treating with acupressure wrist bands, nux vomica 6c homeopathic tablets, ginger and lemon infusions, lots of water, lots of sleep, and eating every couple of hours. I had this sickness until 20 weeks with my DS and midwife said not to be surprised if it went on as long this time too. Fortunately I've not actually vomited yet, but come very close when I brush my teeth or put too much food in my mouth!

I'm rather constipated, bilious and bloated too. I'm taking 15ml of lactulose every night, drinking peppermint tea and lots of water and passing wind like billy-o!!! Once upon a time I used to be a lady but now I'm like a docker!!!!

My mornings are spent feeling really sick to the point I can't concentrate on my work, my afternoons are spent trying to keep awake because I'm so fatigued and my evenings are spent passing wind because I'm so bloated. I can't stand the smell of my DS or my OH so am keeping my distance from them and :sex: is out of the question because even the thought of all the jigging about makes me feel like throwing up.

None of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me due to the bloat so, despite only being 8 weeks pregnant, I'm now in maternity clothes!

On the plus side, I'm really excited to still be pregnant at 8w. I know it is early days but I've got a good feeling about this one. OH and I have already started talking about names, but we've held off telling anyone about the baby (including DS) for the moment. We'll know when the time is right to announce it.

:hug:

Pip x

Hi ladies :hi:

can i join :) I found out i was expecting again in march after taking my first round of clomid :happydance: very shocked but so happy!

I had a MMC in january 2009 which was the worst heartache i have ever been through :cry:

I am due between 22nd november (by LMP) or 2nd december (by early scan i had last week) Midwife said to stick with my LMP as due date until i go for my dating scan at 12weeks to confirm date!

x

hey wow i forgot about here haha well i had my first MW on april 1st, i see her again on the 21st for my bloods to be taken, i have my 12week scan on the 5th may

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->