||November 2011 Mummies :D || Parenting and Life Discussion!

Hey, how is everyone doing?
I just had a prenatal massage and it was better then I expected.
If you haven't gotten one, you should!
I am probably going to get two more before labor.

Just been for some mc Donalds, just waiting for Riley to fall asleep so I can eat it, yum yum yum

Hi MontsHer - I've had one too it was lush!

Well when November rolls around I'll just repost this in 3rd tri :p

I think it is also because they have less replies/pages then us.

Any one know How to make a super yummy apple crumble? Do you boil the apples first? My gran gave me some apples, and I've some crumble mix... Just don't know what to do with them! :haha:

Any one know How to make a super yummy apple crumble? Do you boil the apples first? My gran gave me some apples, and I've some crumble mix... Just don't know what to do with them! :haha:

My recipe is...peel apples, core and slice into chunks. Mix with a little lemon juice and put into an oven proof dish (I don't pre-boil). Scatter over sugar (depends on tartness of apples how much you want to use; I tend to use golden caster sugar but any will do) and a little cinnamon and nutmeg if you have them (could also use allspice). Put the crumble mixter on top. Don't pat it down otherwise you end up with a firm crust and put into a medium heated oven. Bake for around 20 mins or until golden. OMG! I want some now!

Ladies, what does early labour feel like; people on 3rd tri arnt really commenting :(

Ladies, what does early labour feel like; people on 3rd tri arnt really commenting :(

i would really like to know this too im so afraid of going into labor and not knowing what it feels like lol

Early labour for me was like mild period pains which progressed over the hours to stronger and more intense pain, which started in my lower bump then around my back and thighs.

How are u feeling? If you're worried you might want to contact labour an delivery ward or a midwife,"?

Well I'll give you a general low down.
The last 3 days I have had painful contractions on and off, but not often enough to concern me, included with non-painful BH.

Tonight I was at my mothers for dinner and had a major back contraction (brought tears to my eyes) and a few BH afterwards. I got home and BH started to be fairly regular (I have had more than 8 in an hour). I developed a ache in my lower right back (which has moved a little to the middle of my back). That was all good, figured I'd post in 3rd tri etc. Anyway that has progressed to pressure in my abdomen, slight increase in discharge in a bit of pain over the top of my bump; BHs have also become more than uncomfortable. I have tried drinking water, it has done nothing to alleiviate it, Tried walking around a bit and I swear the pressure in my abdomen and the pain in my back got worse; but the BH/contractions have not increased.

** Also starting to feel a bit nauseated so I'm going to try and eat something

The only way I will get checked out is if I walked to the hospital because we have no phone credit (I could try using my free skype call I guess). What do you think?

can ur muscous plug look like lime jelly?:wacko: i had pain in my vagina and then went to lose and there was jelly stuff but not bloody

Yeah it can look like jello lol.

Updated on 3rd tri.

'Okay, so I started feeling a little crook and went to the toilet. after I got off I had pretty bad pressure in my abdomen, I decided to try and eat something but it hasnt helped with the queesiness. The BHs are becoming a bit stronger and a bit more painful and the pain in the right side of my lower back is now in the middle and right side and a little on my left side.'

That was my update

Towards the end of my first pg I often had sharp BH which took my breath away. If I were you I would wait to see if they got more painful and/ or intense. Sounds silly considering the level of pain, but have you tried a hot water bottle on your back or can you get someone to give you a massage? If it gets any worse though I'd be down hospital xx

Posted update in 3rd tri; for you now too:

Hey girls I went up to the hospital and thankgoodness not labour! Okay so I got up there, contractions went to 2mins apart so I was worried, they did my blood pressure which was 127/75 so pretty good! My heart rate was slightly aggravated at 102 bpm but that was good, down from the 120bpm it was when I left home. Anyway BH kicked in to replace the contractions which was a relief. Doc came in and checked my outside first annndd SHE IS FINALLY HEAD DOWN I am so relieved. Anyway he did an internal (not sure how most of you have felt with your first internal but OUCH! I was yelling and didnt even realise it) and he told me I'm 1/2cm dilated and my cervix is nearly ripe. He also said she is almost engaged, right on the brim

Then he said I was fine, but the nurse came in and decided she was giving me two tablets. For starters she didn't want to tell me what they were! So I held off taking them until she finally told me what they were. So I argued that I did not want meds whilst pregnant and she basically told me I had no choice. So I ended up being partially forced into taking Diazepam. Anyway she said it would make me drowsy; WRONG. Diazepam has the worst problem of making me hyperactive, and it also isn't something I would normally like taking whilst pregnant, considering I now know what it is for!

Well anyway they eventually let me leave but told me to come back in if anything came up again. (the only reason they didn't want me to leave was liability so I signed a form releasing them from lawsuites). Got to leave thankgoodness.

So that is the update, he says there is a high chance I will go early but he thinks I've got atleast 2wks left which is good, more baking for my bun! He also said he expects I'll have about 2 more false labours before the real thing, so that is interesting.

Thanks for all the support girls. I'm glad you helped me out

They gave me diazepam and now I know this:
This medicine may be harmful to a developing baby and it should be avoided during pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor. This is particularly important during the first and third trimesters of pregnancy and before or during labour. Regular use during pregnancy should especially be avoided, as the baby could become dependent on the medicine and then suffer withdrawal symptoms after the birth. If this medicine is used in late pregnancy or during labour it may cause floppiness, low body temperature and breathing or feeding difficulties in the baby after birth.

I hope my baby won't be hurt :(

I think it's more about regular use. When I was pg with DD and also this time around, I developed an abscess on my gum. The pain was unbelievable and both times I took co-codamol as advised by NHS direct. I then found out that it could be harmful to baby if taken regularly due to possible addiction. However, I only took two doses max and Grace was born very healthy. Try not to worry although it is really hard not to. I'm sure your bubba will be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->