||November 2011 Mummies :D || Parenting and Life Discussion!

I agree with Franny, its all about moderation, I have had to take many tablets hat are not 'safe' during pregnancy fr various conditions, but its been in minimal doses, so is fine, not like I was taking them everyday for the maximum dosage for whole pregnancy.

How you feeling today? Anymore pain?

On and off BH and back pain but nothing too extreme. Doc said I should expect it so I'm putting up with it, but in 2-3wks when it happens again it will be off to L&D

sounds like a plan, so are you technically in slow labour? My sister in law was in slow labour for a month.

He didn't tell me much technically, just to expect a baby soon, but I suppose it could be that :shrug:

Posted update in 3rd tri; for you now too:

Hey girls I went up to the hospital and thankgoodness not labour! Okay so I got up there, contractions went to 2mins apart so I was worried, they did my blood pressure which was 127/75 so pretty good! My heart rate was slightly aggravated at 102 bpm but that was good, down from the 120bpm it was when I left home. Anyway BH kicked in to replace the contractions which was a relief. Doc came in and checked my outside first annndd SHE IS FINALLY HEAD DOWN I am so relieved. Anyway he did an internal (not sure how most of you have felt with your first internal but OUCH! I was yelling and didnt even realise it) and he told me I'm 1/2cm dilated and my cervix is nearly ripe. He also said she is almost engaged, right on the brim

Then he said I was fine, but the nurse came in and decided she was giving me two tablets. For starters she didn't want to tell me what they were! So I held off taking them until she finally told me what they were. So I argued that I did not want meds whilst pregnant and she basically told me I had no choice. So I ended up being partially forced into taking Diazepam. Anyway she said it would make me drowsy; WRONG. Diazepam has the worst problem of making me hyperactive, and it also isn't something I would normally like taking whilst pregnant, considering I now know what it is for!

Well anyway they eventually let me leave but told me to come back in if anything came up again. (the only reason they didn't want me to leave was liability so I signed a form releasing them from lawsuites). Got to leave thankgoodness.

So that is the update, he says there is a high chance I will go early but he thinks I've got atleast 2wks left which is good, more baking for my bun! He also said he expects I'll have about 2 more false labours before the real thing, so that is interesting.

Thanks for all the support girls. I'm glad you helped me out

They gave me diazepam and now I know this:
This medicine may be harmful to a developing baby and it should be avoided during pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor. This is particularly important during the first and third trimesters of pregnancy and before or during labour. Regular use during pregnancy should especially be avoided, as the baby could become dependent on the medicine and then suffer withdrawal symptoms after the birth. If this medicine is used in late pregnancy or during labour it may cause floppiness, low body temperature and breathing or feeding difficulties in the baby after birth.

I hope my baby won't be hurt :(

Grrrr to the nurse! How come they said you *had* to take it? I'd think there would be a choice in things like that. What is diazepam for? Did it help you at all? I wouldn't worry too much just taking one, though, like everyone else said.

I agree, the first time I had my cervix checked I yelled out and instictively moved out of reach! For some reason, it hasn't been as bad after that, though. But my cervix was always closed, so I don't know if it's worse once you start dilating?

I guess they were trying to drug me? :shrug: It didn't work anyway, dopey drugs make me hyperactive. Also it was two 45mg tablets 9the equivilent of the anti-depressents I used to be on) and it is a form of valium.

morning ladies,

I am so tired even though I have slept for many many hours, think I have a urine infection....booo!

Morning,

I am tired today too, if I don't get woken up in the middle of the night by drunken students singing outside my house then the cat will decide to sit on me and wake me up. This morning the post man woke me up - with e bay packages of baby clothes - yey - glad he did otherwise I would have been late for work.

Anyone else working up until the last minute? Everyone thinks I am mad - I will be 38 weeks +2 on my last day of work.

Oh yeah 1 thing I wanted to ask - does anyone else have rosy cheeks at night? strange one I know, but every time I get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and I glance at myself in the mirror I do a double take as I notice I have really rosy cheeks, they don't feel hot but there are definitely redder than normal at night.

I get rosey cheeks, its from increased blood flow everwhere.

I have allergies atm :(

Anyone get quiet days from LO's? She's very quiet today felt odd little movement and hiccups thats it.

Morning,

I am tired today too, if I don't get woken up in the middle of the night by drunken students singing outside my house then the cat will decide to sit on me and wake me up. This morning the post man woke me up - with e bay packages of baby clothes - yey - glad he did otherwise I would have been late for work.

Anyone else working up until the last minute? Everyone thinks I am mad - I will be 38 weeks +2 on my last day of work.

Oh yeah 1 thing I wanted to ask - does anyone else have rosy cheeks at night? strange one I know, but every time I get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and I glance at myself in the mirror I do a double take as I notice I have really rosy cheeks, they don't feel hot but there are definitely redder than normal at night.

I am working up until i go into labor whether that be tomorrow or 40 + weeks. im not too worried about going into labor at work im more worried about going into labor at school!

So over disrupted sleep. Do people not know pregnant women need it? xD

Afternoon ladies.

So over disrupted sleep. Do people not know pregnant women need it? xD

Afternoon ladies.

I so feel this! Had achy hips all night and not slept well. Then DD decided to wake up at 6 :wacko: We're going swimming this morning which I'm hoping will tire her out so that I can have a nap! :haha: Hope you manage to have a not so busy day xx

Lol my day consisted of cleaning for about 2hrs and then chilling with some ladie friends, so not too bad :)

Lol my day consisted of cleaning for about 2hrs and then chilling with some ladie friends, so not too bad :)

Cleaning is my hobby and addiction! However, been a bit tricky recently as so tired from work and DD causing general havoc. Chilling with girlies sounds ace :thumbup: could do with that myself. Trying to hear if DD has dropped off so that I can have a nap...all is quiet but that can be quite deceptive! Taking her to playgroup later to try and expend some energy. It's horrible weather here so getting outside for a walk/ feed the ducks is a no no. Start my mat leave a week on Friday: WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

yay for maternity leave, I will be full term on friday...yay!!

Ok Ladies

So I went to the docs and my wee still has EVERYTHING in it. They have sent my wee off again (3rd time in a week) and they took some bloods to check my protein levels and something to do with my kidneys and have to take back a fmu sample tomorrow as they want to do another check on my kidney. They have started me on a really strong antibiotic 4 times a day...meh. They said my blood pressure was a little high, but nothing to worry about, but they want me to call my MW and tell her to see what she wants to do???? This confused me, surely would be the doctors call???? Anyway my midwife is on annual leave and am waiting for some other MW to call me back, but might not be till tomorrow? Its got me a bit worried, am I being silly???

Don't worry too much darl, if something comes up they will defiantly inform you! Try to relax :hugs:

I hope you got your nap Fran! I think my cleaning and rearanging made LO annoyed, six contractions that really hurt tonight. Oh the joys :dohh:

Does anyone else just have a feeling they are going to deliver in a few weeks? Maybe Im just trying to think positive :)

Does anyone else just have a feeling they are going to deliver in a few weeks? Maybe Im just trying to think positive :)

I keep thinking I'm going to go early...but don't know if that's because I've been at high risk of pre term labor. Last night I started to have painful braxton hicks (are they supposed to hurt at this stage?) and thought maybe I was going into labor and started panicking and praying for 2 more weeks!

With all that, I also have the suspicion that LO is going to play a trick on me and wind up going late. :haha:

I am starting to get very scared...does anyone else feel like this? I don't know if it's because it's my first. I'm SO excited, but so scared, too! Almost like I'm so ready for him to get here one second, but then I'm not ready yet a second later.

Am I even making sense? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->