||November 2011 Mummies :D || Parenting and Life Discussion!

Morning,

I am tired today too, if I don't get woken up in the middle of the night by drunken students singing outside my house then the cat will decide to sit on me and wake me up. This morning the post man woke me up - with e bay packages of baby clothes - yey - glad he did otherwise I would have been late for work.

Anyone else working up until the last minute? Everyone thinks I am mad - I will be 38 weeks +2 on my last day of work.

Oh yeah 1 thing I wanted to ask - does anyone else have rosy cheeks at night? strange one I know, but every time I get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and I glance at myself in the mirror I do a double take as I notice I have really rosy cheeks, they don't feel hot but there are definitely redder than normal at night.

I am working up until i go into labor whether that be tomorrow or 40 + weeks. im not too worried about going into labor at work im more worried about going into labor at school!

I will be working up until labor, too. Which is kind of strange because I've been on strict bed rest since 25 weeks, but they are letting me go back once I hit 36. I'm a little terrified! Not so much about going into labor at work (ok, I work at home so that's not really an issue for me), but moreso about "functioning" when I'm feeling such a mess. I already feel somewhat useless with my fuzzy brain that can only think about baby stuff, am SO uncomfortble, not sleeping, etc. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like in another 3-4 weeks.

I am starting to get very scared...does anyone else feel like this? I don't know if it's because it's my first. I'm SO excited, but so scared, too! Almost like I'm so ready for him to get here one second, but then I'm not ready yet a second later.

Am I even making sense? :dohh:

this is how I feel, even though I already have a child was induced and had emergency c section, so haven't experienced a lot of things and feel just like you said!!

MrsLQ - no you're not being silly. It's only natural to be concerned :hugs: But like Leopard says it's all precautionary and if there was a problem they'd hoist you in PDQ. But I think I'd be the same as you x

I'm glad it seems to be normal to be scared and I'm not the only one. :hugs:

hiia girls, just wondering if anyone can help me.! for the last couple of nights i've been getting pins and needles in my hands and arms and it's effecting my sleep. anyone have an idea of what it could be.? xx

Does anyone else just have a feeling they are going to deliver in a few weeks? Maybe Im just trying to think positive :)

i think i will deliver sometime not next week but the week after. at my appointment yesterday my doctor told me he will be out of town for a week that week so im thinking my LO will want to come then :haha: im nervous because i'll be at 38-39 weeks so its not too early but i would really like my OB to deliver my daughter since i am comfortable with him and this is my first baby. i guess its up to her who she wants to do it though!

Morning,

I am tired today too, if I don't get woken up in the middle of the night by drunken students singing outside my house then the cat will decide to sit on me and wake me up. This morning the post man woke me up - with e bay packages of baby clothes - yey - glad he did otherwise I would have been late for work.

Anyone else working up until the last minute? Everyone thinks I am mad - I will be 38 weeks +2 on my last day of work.

Oh yeah 1 thing I wanted to ask - does anyone else have rosy cheeks at night? strange one I know, but every time I get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and I glance at myself in the mirror I do a double take as I notice I have really rosy cheeks, they don't feel hot but there are definitely redder than normal at night.

I am working up until i go into labor whether that be tomorrow or 40 + weeks. im not too worried about going into labor at work im more worried about going into labor at school!

I will be working up until labor, too. Which is kind of strange because I've been on strict bed rest since 25 weeks, but they are letting me go back once I hit 36. I'm a little terrified! Not so much about going into labor at work (ok, I work at home so that's not really an issue for me), but moreso about "functioning" when I'm feeling such a mess. I already feel somewhat useless with my fuzzy brain that can only think about baby stuff, am SO uncomfortble, not sleeping, etc. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like in another 3-4 weeks.

i'm starting to regret saying i will work up until i go into labor. i'm so exhausted from going to school and working full time being this huge and uncomfortable! i dont sleep because i cant get comfortable and i have so many pains. since im in the U.S. we kind of get screwed on maternity leave so im lucky to get the 6 weeks off im taking after i have the baby. i really cant afford to take off much more time than that to have a couple weeks off before she gets here and im afraid if i ask to take leave early it will take away from the 6 weeks after which i def. dont want to do!

hiia girls, just wondering if anyone can help me.! for the last couple of nights i've been getting pins and needles in my hands and arms and it's effecting my sleep. anyone have an idea of what it could be.? xx

i think its just another annoying symptom of pregnancy. ive noticed drinking a lot of water, taking and iron tablet, and icy hot have been slightly helpful but i still have this issue!!

i'm starting to regret saying i will work up until i go into labor. i'm so exhausted from going to school and working full time being this huge and uncomfortable! i dont sleep because i cant get comfortable and i have so many pains. since im in the U.S. we kind of get screwed on maternity leave so im lucky to get the 6 weeks off im taking after i have the baby. i really cant afford to take off much more time than that to have a couple weeks off before she gets here and im afraid if i ask to take leave early it will take away from the 6 weeks after which i def. dont want to do!

That's why I'm just going back now, too, even though it seems ridiculous. I've been on bed rest so already almost used up all my FMLA time and if I leave work sooner, or don't go back, I'll have even less time. It really sucks. :sad1: I just hope they go easy on us in the end. Except one of my coworkers was in LABOR and still worked the rest of the day to get a project done! Crazy. I give you a lot of credit for going to school at the same time...I'm supposed to be finishing my thesis, but haven't been working on it hardly at all.

Forgot to mention, that particular coworker at first said she'd work up until labor, and then at the last minute changed her mind and asked to leave a week and a half early...and then wound up going into labor on her last day! Would you be able to stop at 39 weeks and then take your 6 weeks maternity and one week unpaid FMLA time? I know it sucks and then you have to go without a paycheck, but may be easier for you?

i'm not sure im gonna talk to my boss tomorrow about going earlier than planned. she's already kinda upset with me because i had a really bad headache this morning and could barely see or walk or stand so i told her i wouldnt be in today. she text me an hour later and said she hoped i felt better but was not happy that she was going to have to cover my work. i might just see if my doctor will give me a note next week saying i need to stop working until 6 weeks after the baby is here

I'm glad I am a SAHM for the simply reason organising maternity pay seems like such effort!

Does anyone else just have a feeling they are going to deliver in a few weeks? Maybe Im just trying to think positive :)

I keep thinking I'm going to go early...but don't know if that's because I've been at high risk of pre term labor. Last night I started to have painful braxton hicks (are they supposed to hurt at this stage?) and thought maybe I was going into labor and started panicking and praying for 2 more weeks!

With all that, I also have the suspicion that LO is going to play a trick on me and wind up going late. :haha:

Ive been having them for the past couple weeks but not really feel tight untill last night. I was getting some pain and it felt like she was arching her back for about 5 min. Im guessing thats a contraction:shrug:

I get that too. For me its because she is in a position and its hitting a nerve or my spine is pinching a nerve. Maybe try taking a bath before bed or have hubby rub your back.

just got back from midwife and she said it could be carpal tunnel syndrome. babys 1/5th :D xx

Hey girls...How is everyone feeling?
I was also wondering if anyone is getting "false contractions" I think I have. they are in my back and go to my front and last around 7-10 min. Sometimes I get them just in my belly area. My doctor says its normal but then people are saying I will be delivering a few weeks:wacko:
Man im scared but happy:haha:

ive been having those pains in my back that wrap around to my stomach but theyve been more constant than in intervals. i havent phoned my doctor because i didnt want them to say to go to the hospital to get looked at and have to sit there for 4 hours!! i have an appointment on monday so ill ask if its normal or the start of something. ive had loose stools the last day and a half too which i think has finally slowed down..i dont know whats better being constipated or having the loose stools :haha:

ive been having those pains in my back that wrap around to my stomach but theyve been more constant than in intervals. i havent phoned my doctor because i didnt want them to say to go to the hospital to get looked at and have to sit there for 4 hours!! i have an appointment on monday so ill ask if its normal or the start of something. ive had loose stools the last day and a half too which i think has finally slowed down..i dont know whats better being constipated or having the loose stools :haha:

Lol...yeah I had Loose stool for a few days and Im like,, O s*** but im back to normal again!

Good luck!!:happydance:

i hope its just a stomach bug im terrified of labor lol

Hey girls...How is everyone feeling?
I was also wondering if anyone is getting "false contractions" I think I have. they are in my back and go to my front and last around 7-10 min. Sometimes I get them just in my belly area. My doctor says its normal but then people are saying I will be delivering a few weeks:wacko:
Man im scared but happy:haha:

This has been happening to me, too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :hugs: Asked the dr. about it yesterday and she, too, said it's normal. It looks like in a few weeks you'll be almost to your due date, so just right around on time. I feel the same as you...scared but happy and excited and nervous and ready and not ready all rolled in to one. :haha:

i'm not sure im gonna talk to my boss tomorrow about going earlier than planned. she's already kinda upset with me because i had a really bad headache this morning and could barely see or walk or stand so i told her i wouldnt be in today. she text me an hour later and said she hoped i felt better but was not happy that she was going to have to cover my work. i might just see if my doctor will give me a note next week saying i need to stop working until 6 weeks after the baby is here

Did you get to talk to your boss? How unfair of her to be upset with you! It sounds like maybe you had a migraine or something. That was a jerky thing for her to say. I hope you're able to get a note from your dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->