||November 2011 Mummies :D || Parenting and Life Discussion!

Hey girls...How is everyone feeling?
I was also wondering if anyone is getting "false contractions" I think I have. they are in my back and go to my front and last around 7-10 min. Sometimes I get them just in my belly area. My doctor says its normal but then people are saying I will be delivering a few weeks:wacko:
Man im scared but happy:haha:

This has been happening to me, too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :hugs: Asked the dr. about it yesterday and she, too, said it's normal. It looks like in a few weeks you'll be almost to your due date, so just right around on time. I feel the same as you...scared but happy and excited and nervous and ready and not ready all rolled in to one. :haha:

haha Nicely put with the all rolled into one :haha:

i hope its just a stomach bug im terrified of labor lol

Me too. My plan is to go as long as possible without the epidural, but my co worker keeps telling me no get it, Youre going to want it. You're not going to be able to go without one.
Id like to punch her in the face..lol:haha: but it keeps making me scared

Me too. My plan is to go as long as possible without the epidural, but my co worker keeps telling me no get it, Youre going to want it. You're not going to be able to go without one.

yeah i am getting pretty tired of hearing i will want an epidural because plenty of women have birthed naturally and that is my plan too.

i'm not sure im gonna talk to my boss tomorrow about going earlier than planned. she's already kinda upset with me because i had a really bad headache this morning and could barely see or walk or stand so i told her i wouldnt be in today. she text me an hour later and said she hoped i felt better but was not happy that she was going to have to cover my work. i might just see if my doctor will give me a note next week saying i need to stop working until 6 weeks after the baby is here

Did you get to talk to your boss? How unfair of her to be upset with you! It sounds like maybe you had a migraine or something. That was a jerky thing for her to say. I hope you're able to get a note from your dr.

i guess she got over it because she never said anything to me about missing the day and didnt even make me use one of my sick days for it so i just let it go for now. i will talk to my doctor on monday about getting a note to let me take off a week or two earlier than im due so i can relax for a bit!

im the complete opposite i want an epidural and pain meds i dont want to feel any of it. more power to those women that can handle natural childbirth but im a huge baby when it comes to pain so id rather not feel it if i dont have to!

35 weeks for our 18 and 19 girls :) Congratulations to everyone; lets hope our LOs stick for a little longer.

I've been having conversations with my little one about how she has to stay put for at LEAST another two weeks, lol. Hope she listens to her mummy! Happy 35 weeks to us all :) xx

i'm not sure im gonna talk to my boss tomorrow about going earlier than planned. she's already kinda upset with me because i had a really bad headache this morning and could barely see or walk or stand so i told her i wouldnt be in today. she text me an hour later and said she hoped i felt better but was not happy that she was going to have to cover my work. i might just see if my doctor will give me a note next week saying i need to stop working until 6 weeks after the baby is here

Did you get to talk to your boss? How unfair of her to be upset with you! It sounds like maybe you had a migraine or something. That was a jerky thing for her to say. I hope you're able to get a note from your dr.

i guess she got over it because she never said anything to me about missing the day and didnt even make me use one of my sick days for it so i just let it go for now. i will talk to my doctor on monday about getting a note to let me take off a week or two earlier than im due so i can relax for a bit!

im the complete opposite i want an epidural and pain meds i dont want to feel any of it. more power to those women that can handle natural childbirth but im a huge baby when it comes to pain so id rather not feel it if i dont have to!
Yeah I hope I wont be a big baby about it but my braxton hicks are hurting so who knows. i will probably break down within 5 min..lol

How's everyone doing?

Is anyone else hiring a Doula to be with them at the hospital, by the way?

I'd love to hire a doula but finances won't allow. Personally, I think that being around women would be more relaxing. My OH didn't really know what to do last time and kept making stupid jokes. Thinking back if my contractions weren't so absorbing I would have killed him!

Nope, not hiring a Doula, having mum and OH there.

Happy full term girls.

lol, franny, I hadn't thought of that. I suppose the men would make it weird.

I hired a Doula because I'm terrified of the hospital and I have no one else to be there with me, woman wise. Especially one that knows what she's doing. :haha:

Saw my midwife today at 35 weeks and according to her baby is engaged 1/5 - well she put 4/5 ths on my notes but I think that means she can still feel 4/5 ths of the head.

Just wanted to share as am excited baby is headed in the right direction.

Not sleeping too well at the mo, but have been experimenting with pillows all around me haha and think I slept for more than 4 hours last night which was nice.

lol, franny, I hadn't thought of that. I suppose the men would make it weird.

I hired a Doula because I'm terrified of the hospital and I have no one else to be there with me, woman wise. Especially one that knows what she's doing. :haha:

I think it's a great idea to have women around you. I'm not slagging off men and I do want my OH there it's just that during the labour I think that having your mum, sister, a doula is better although I must stress that I have only had my OH present! So actually, what do I know?!:haha:

Saw my midwife today at 35 weeks and according to her baby is engaged 1/5 - well she put 4/5 ths on my notes but I think that means she can still feel 4/5 ths of the head.

Just wanted to share as am excited baby is headed in the right direction.

Not sleeping too well at the mo, but have been experimenting with pillows all around me haha and think I slept for more than 4 hours last night which was nice.

Well done baby - keep going down! :thumbup: Glad you had a better night last night. I did too but that was due to OH sleeping on sofa as we'd had a row! I could quite easily keep this row going if it means me getting the whole bed to myself and not listening to snoring! :dohh:

Glad you had a better night last night. I did too but that was due to OH sleeping on sofa as we'd had a row! I could quite easily keep this row going if it means me getting the whole bed to myself and not listening to snoring! :dohh:

I'm quite lucky/unlucky - however you want to see it as my OH works away during the week so I get the bed to myself 3 nights a week. I told him this morning on the phone that when he gets back this week he needs to take up as little room as possible now as he needs to make room for all my pillows lol - he's not impressed.

He he telling your hubby not to take up the bed! It's not for much longer anyway. My OH is being much nicer today. Probably wants to be allowed back in the bed!

Hi Lauren! How are you and how's your pregnancy been this far?

I love when OH works late because it means I get the entire bed to myself for a longer duration of time than normal. Although, I like to let him think i'm cranky he works late because we don't spend as much time together :haha:. In fact he works late tonight so I can't wait to go home and sprawl out like the big tubby pregnant lady I am and have a fantastic nap before getting up eating dinner and going back to bed again, such a life I lead now a days.

Alright!

Who's so far along now they can't sit up properly because the baby is pressing on their ribs?!?!?

*raises hand*

Don't know how I'm going to make it 5 more weeks. :(

Alright!

Who's so far along now they can't sit up properly because the baby is pressing on their ribs?!?!?

*raises hand*

Don't know how I'm going to make it 5 more weeks. :(

Well I was and I think that baby has either started his/ her downward progress or has gone transverse because there is seriously more room at the top. All of a sudden I can bend, sort of; not touching my toes or anything but I can bend, squat and get something off of the floor. Should find out on Monday when I have my MW appt - not seen anyone for 6 weeks: second time around is WEIRD!

Have you tried bouncing on a ball to try and get baby to engage? I do a lot of walking so this could be reason for movement with me?

I feel for you! Hoping it eases soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->