• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

RE injection bruises...I'm not sure if I've read this or just thought of it myself - but maybe it's to do with if you're right or left handed. I'm right handed so maybe I find it easier to get a better angle on my right side? In saying that, I had an almost perfect injection tonight - no pain, blood or bruise and that was on my left side!

Girls, thank you so much. I was really worried about my lack of running to the bathroom.
And ginny, you are so right, shouldn't place so much stock in symptoms. My MMC was full of them and it turned out to mean nothing. I think we just want to look for any glimmer of hope that we can to try and force positivity on ourselves :flower:

Storked, I havent noticed a difference in my bathroom runs but the reason really is that I run every 30 minutes as normal :wacko::haha:. I drink loads of water during the day and always get up once at night so it's never been a good symptom for me.

Got my first scan/appointment booked - 28th March, I'll be 6+4! Ekk so nervous!

Ginny, you are definitely my twinnie on our journeys :winkwink::flower::hugs:. I checked as I thought I was going on the 29th but it's the 28th March as well, at 08.40am!:sleep:. All being well I should be measuring about 7 weeks from conception, my LMP date puts me a few days later.

Ginny... my injections on the left hand side are easier and dont bruise compared to my right, let me know if you notice a difference, I'm curious!

Well I've only done 4 injections so far - 2 on each side. My left hand ones have definitely bruised more - but could be just a coincidence

My left side bruises more and hurts more with my injections too. Why is this?

I'm now really curious!!!!!! I feel a google search coming on :haha::wacko:

The upside of me not peeing often is that I most likely don't have a UTI! So glad since I had just gotten rid of the superbug one before the BFP :)
Find anything good on your google search? :D

RE injection bruises...I'm not sure if I've read this or just thought of it myself - but maybe it's to do with if you're right or left handed. I'm right handed so maybe I find it easier to get a better angle on my right side? In saying that, I had an almost perfect injection tonight - no pain, blood or bruise and that was on my left side!

I have plenty of fat on both my thighs but my left side always stings going in and bruises coming out. The skin will knot and bruise. But the right? Nada. It has always been this way! Tried asking my sisters but they didn't know either :lol: I'd stick to just one side but what if it then starts to bruise lol?

Hi everyone, congrats on your pregnancies! Looks like I'm one of the latest due so far -- November 16 according to FF. I tested last Friday, Sunday and today, and it's looking good. I was very blessed to get this only the first full cycle post-miscarriage (one AF, then bfp) -- lost my first pregnancy at 9.5 weeks in early January. I can't believe I can still get a 2013 baby! Very excited for all of us.

Welcome anchor! So sorry about your loss but congrats on the bfp!

Anchor - if you go by my ovulation date I'm due on November 16th too :)

But I wouldn't be surprised if the hospital says I'm due on November 18th, since they always seem to go by LMP and assume everyone had a 28 day cycle where they O on CD14!

I honestly don't care what date they give me! I just want to have a healthy baby at some point much later this year!

Hi everyone. I am still pretty new here and new to all of this pregnancy stuff. I have wanted to post about everything that has happened between my first pregnancy and my growing rainbow baby... soooo here it goes.

My boyfriend at the time (now fiance) and I began trying for a baby in March of 2012. After only a few months of trying I found out I was pregnant July 11th (4weeks) and we were so excited! But I couldn't relax... I felt like something was wrong from the start. I had cramps, spotting, was very sick... everything. I went to ER multiple times only to be sent home without being seen and told to stop worrying.
August 6th it got a lot worse and my mom ended up taking to to the next town over to another ER where the doctor was very good, kind and supportive. He told me he was quite sure it was the worst and told me to come back in a day or two for an u/s.
The u/s showed nothing, I was passing everything on my own and there was nothing that could be done. I officially m/c on August 8th 2012.

I found out from this doctor that I had a large cyst on my ovary which possibly caused the m/s. I was pretty angry considering it had been there for months and my GP hadn't bothered to tell me...

SO after everything was taken care of, and my cycles were normal we decided to start trying again in late October... however that quickly went out the window when in early November we got the news that my father had late stage cancer and was not going to make it to Christmas.

Wow... this is hard to write...

Anyway. Dad did make it through Christmas, started treatment and is doing wonderfully. His prognosis is now at least 5 years and he is only in stage 1. Stupid doctor misdiagnosed him originally.
So. Now Dad is on the mend, and I am finally pregnant with my rainbow baby and feeling great!

I think 2013 is gonna be my year :)

OH! And I am due November 15th :happydance:

Sorry about your loss Larval but congrats on the rainbow baby!!! :) Your story seems to have a happy ending. So excited to hear about your dad doing great!! :)

After my m/c last year my dear beloved aunt susan was my rock and support system even though she was stage 4 Uterine cancer. In fact her last text to me sent in July 2012 (a month before she passed away) says: you will have your baby before the end of next year!!.... I guess she was right!!!

Miracles happen everyday and she taught me to look for them no matter how small!! :)
:hugs:

Anchor - if you go by my ovulation date I'm due on November 16th too :)

But I wouldn't be surprised if the hospital says I'm due on November 18th, since they always seem to go by LMP and assume everyone had a 28 day cycle where they O on CD14!

I honestly don't care what date they give me! I just want to have a healthy baby at some point much later this year!

Exactly! I also hate the assumption, makes things inaccurate for everyone, but especially those of us who actually know our dates! I hear most first pregnancies go longer, so I'm probably going to tell people "late November" and try not to get anyone too focused on one date...besides me, lol!

And huge congrats to you too!

Wth my angel, as I'd been charting, I insisted the midwife write down my dates as well at booking. It was only a three day difference, but had it been the difference between them has selling me about an induction, I'd have needed it.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure if I make it to the end I'll be induced. They've already said with my history I will not be allowed to go over 40 weeks. I was induced at 39 weeks with my soon too due to my blood pressure going up.

Doesn't worry my the slightest though - all I want is a healthy baby, doesn't bother me how they get here!

Larval welcome! Congratulations on the bfp and glad to hear your dad is doing well. Sounds like 2013 will be a much better year than 2012 for you!

Anchor my first baby was due on the 8th of January and arrived after only a 3 hour labour on the 22nd of December, so you could get an end of October baby, you never know! This baby is due on the 8th of November so if it follows suit it might come on the 22nd of October. Just hope i get to the delivery room a bit sooner this time. Last time by the time i got there her head was out :wacko:

Got my hcg results back - they're at around 2800 or 2900 now (can't remember the exact number!) anyway that's more than doubling every 48 hours so very happy with that!

My progesterone has dropped a little bit - it's gone from 138 to 111. Whoever I spoke to on the phone said they just want it to be over 30 and I shouldn't be worried about the drop. I'm on progesterone suppositories so trying not to be too worried about it.

Larval welcome! Congratulations on the bfp and glad to hear your dad is doing well. Sounds like 2013 will be a much better year than 2012 for you!

Anchor my first baby was due on the 8th of January and arrived after only a 3 hour labour on the 22nd of December, so you could get an end of October baby, you never know! This baby is due on the 8th of November so if it follows suit it might come on the 22nd of October. Just hope i get to the delivery room a bit sooner this time. Last time by the time i got there her head was out :wacko:

Good point, I guess you never know -- the averages don't necessarily mean much in your individual case. What an experience that must have been for you!

Hello ladies- Can I join you? I will be due around November 21st or 22nd.

I just got my BFP yesterday. I had a miscarriage in December. That was my first pregnancy. We are trying to get baby #1. I'm anxious and excited sometimes a little scared. Trying to stay positive! :)

Welcome, Larva and Anchor, sending you loads of :dust:

Ginny, yeah for the HCG results. I'm not getting any done this time, it hasnt been mentioned and I'm glad to be honest as I would do nothing but worry.

Did you doctor not advise that you would have to have a planned birth? Perhaps it is different where you are but in the UK the procedure for ladies on Clexane is to have a planned birth, as late as possible and probably around 38-40 weeks. It's to allow a short period to come off the Clexane but then they want to induce so there are no last minute clotting complications. You should ideally be off the Clexane due to the risks involved (blood loss, any complications, need for emergency CS).

I'm really trying not to think about it at the moment, and in some ways I'm hoping LO decides to have an early easy arrival so I can avoid being induced. But in the end as long as all goes well I'll just have to go with the flow.

Steph... goodness you were quite early, was that your first? I also had a quick labour, 2 hours in total, and that's from 3cm to afterbirth! They even warned me while they were tidying my DS up that I needed to be careful next time, I think we should make sure we keep emergency packs in our cars:winkwink:. Errrmmm perhaps being induced sounds more appealing now.......:haha:

Julie, WELCOME!!! Keep up that positivity, your chances of a normal pregnancy after one MC are the same as if it was your first. It's only when you get to 3+MCs that things get complicated and the stats drastically reduce :cry:. That's to hopefully make you feel better, and I know it wont stop the worrying so use us for support, we're in this together. Sending you loads of :dust:

Hi all, can I join pleaaaase?

I have four children so I guess I'm just being greedy. All of them born 37plus 3 bizarrely lo. On the subject of labours my last live bubs was a 20minute labour delivered by OH lol.(just thought I'd add to the above).

Anyway, in sept I lost a baby we suspect died around twelve weeks, but I unfortunately was unaware for two weeks :( in November we then had a chemical, which ended 8days after a very faint positive.

This time, we have had strong positives and are hoping to have a baby oct/nov Edd would be nov 10th.

Am sooooo stressed though, just can't accept it never mind enjoy it. How does everyone deal with that? Xxx

Angel - the doctor that prescribed the Clexane doesn't have anything to do with the hospital that will be looking after the pregnancy/birth. So that's why I have to tell the hospital that I'm on it - I'm guessing then they'll tell me about what happens towards the end.

From my own research though I've read that you can have Clexane up to quite late though. Basically you can't have had a shot within 12 hours of an epi or c-section. Obviously if it's planned that's not going to be a worry, otherwise I think they advise that if you start to feel the onset of labour to not have any more injections.

I'm not worried about it at all since I think I'll end up being induced because of my blood pressure anyway - unless by miracle it doesn't go up!

I had a fairly easy induction with M. They broke my waters at about 3.30pm and he arrived at 6:45pm! No epi (even though I was begging for one during transition!) and just one shot of pethidine. I walked out the birth suite back to my bed when it was all over and the next day just needed a dose of paracetamol - couldn't believe it!

I was also kinda induced with loss #2 in October. I also had a shot of pethidine with that one and my labour was very fast. I personally think it's the pethidine that makes me labours fast - but who knows!!! I'm just praying I get to give birth to a lovely healthy live baby this time!

How are you feeling anyway Angel?

Mamaofthree - welcome, I am try very, very hard to be positive! It's so hard though and I'm just at the beginning! I'm hoping that it'll get easier as time goes on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->