****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Welcome Andree this is a very wonderful group of women who are so very supportive. So sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine losing that late in the prenancy. :(

I don't even know when they will do the first ultrasound. My first appointment is just a blood draw and a urine sample... The one on may 1st is to hear the heartbeat. I had an ultrasound at that point in my last pregnancy but it was only because they didn't hear a heart beat :( I don't know if they do one during some of the testing in the first trimester or if I will not have one until mid pregnancy for anatomy. I would really just love to hear a heartbeat.

The recurrent miscarriage clinic that I go to won't scan ladies before their 6 weeks, I guess it causes too much stress not to see a heartbeat.

When I had the spotting though at 5 weeks, they suggested I go to emergency to get it checked out, but I didn't bother since it was only a tiny bit.

:hugs:Hi all!
Welcome Andree, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I think most women are scared going into pregnancy after loss. You must have had a really tough time the past few months. For me, getting preg again was the only thing that would fill the void, and help me get over my loss...dh keeps saying that's a really unhealthy reason for getting pregnant, but this baby will be loved sooo much!

I still haven't heard a word from the midwives yet for a booking apt, and wish they would hurry up so I know when my 12week apt is. I have a scan booked for sat (ill be a day short of 9weeks) but the thought of it is giving me nightmares :(

Xxx

welcome andree! So sorry for the loss of your little baby :(

how was everyones easter? i visited a friend in hospital who just had a baby and it was so lovely to hold a newborn:cloud9: I really hope this pregnancy tunrs into a baby. I get another scan in a week and if every thing is ok i think i'll start to relax a bit and tell my parents.

I had my scan today and it went great! I am feeling so much more hopeful <3

Had first doc appt today and everything looked good doc said (until we get blood and other test results) so I will worry about things I have no idea about hahahah but he was a little concerned about my blood pressure which is weird because nurse said it was good but doc didnt like the bottom number and said he would have felt better if it was lower (118/84) was my blood pressure.... :( now I'm worried :( I always had perfect blood pressure and doc said yeah but that might not be the case in pregnancy! Great!!!!

Storked so happy your scan went good!

Storked thats awesome news! Has your due date changed at all or was baby measuring right on time?

Angel high blood pressure is 140/90 so yours is still normal. You might also have had "white coat syndrome", being a bit nervous at the doctor's will raise your bp!

Storked thats awesome news! Has your due date changed at all or was baby measuring right on time?

Angel high blood pressure is 140/90 so yours is still normal. You might also have had "white coat syndrome", being a bit nervous at the doctor's will raise your bp!

Yeah it was my first time meeting the doc and I was super scared! He said it was normal he just wishes the bottom number was closer to 70! We will have to monitor.... Maybe the nurse sucks at taking bP I like the sound of human error ;)

Congratulations on your scan Storked! So exciting.

Mowat, thanks!

Angel, they should have taken your blood pressure again since your were scared! Mine was REALLY high before but after I saw the baby they took it again and it was normal. Try not to let them freak you out about it- I bet your blood pressure is great! :hugs:

Steph, was measuring a day ahead but keeping my due date the same :)

Hello I'd love to join in . Congrats to everyone .. and soery dor everyone's losses .. My edd is nov 26 . Have been Bleeding off and on for a week but had an app and everything looked good on the u/s saw a small flicker on the screen but she says its to early to hear the heart beat . I measured at 6 weeks witch is a little further then I thought so hope all is well ..

Mowat, thanks!

Angel, they should have taken your blood pressure again since your were scared! Mine was REALLY high before but after I saw the baby they took it again and it was normal. Try not to let them freak you out about it- I bet your blood pressure is great! :hugs:

Steph, was measuring a day ahead but keeping my due date the same :)

Yes I agree they should have taken again or better yet doc should have waited for next visit and when he saw my blood pressure going up THEN said something! Bc now I'm gonna be nervous everytime they take my pressure... Smh plus IT WAS NORMAL! Lol damn docs lol

So happy u had a good scan :hugs:

Angel, that's crazy. An average adult BP is 120/80. A diastolic of 84 is hardly a worry. Are they looking for a problem?! Try taking it at the pharmacy if you don't have a cuff at home - you'd be more relaxed then, and it's likely to be a truer value. Also, if they use an automated cuff at he doctor's, rather than the one they pump up and use with a stethoscope, it's not as accurate. Insist on a manual BP. It's best practice.

Angel, that's crazy. An average adult BP is 120/80. A diastolic of 84 is hardly a worry. Are they looking for a problem?! Try taking it at the pharmacy if you don't have a cuff at home - you'd be more relaxed then, and it's likely to be a truer value. Also, if they use an automated cuff at he doctor's, rather than the one they pump up and use with a stethoscope, it's not as accurate. Insist on a manual BP. It's best practice.

I didn't think it was anything to worry about either especially considering I was nervous. I am Morbidly obese with a very high BMI and I find it funny he didn't say a word about my weight!!! lol
I don't have a cuff at home and they did do manual BP. But I honestly think the nurse didn't do it right. She didn't seem to be paying close attention and she happened to write in my Electronic chart that I had 9 day cycles... with a length of 6 days... UM i would kill myself!! lol Could you imagine having your period every 9 days with only 3 days of non period! hahaha. She was a little off her game yesterday. In my opinion. I'm not going to worry unless it goes above 90. But I should get a cuff at home I don't exactly know how to take my own BP though. But I'm willing to learn.

I want to start Prenatal Yoga.... can't find a class in my area though :(

Oh manda I meant to tell you the doc kept original EDD of 11/1/13 :) So I was wrong for the first page
Thanks so much!!! :thumbup:

Angel, any pharmacy will have automated BP machines you can use at home, or you can order one online. But what you need to ensure (as does the nurse at the doctor's office) is that the cuff is the right size. With you being a fluffier lady, you need a cuff that complements you. ;) If they use too small or too big a cuff, they won't get the correct reading anyway (there are lines on cuffs that show if they're too big or small on the person, and it's simple to change them over). x

Angel, any pharmacy will have automated BP machines you can use at home, or you can order one online. But what you need to ensure (as does the nurse at the doctor's office) is that the cuff is the right size. With you being a fluffier lady, you need a cuff that complements you. ;) If they use too small or too big a cuff, they won't get the correct reading anyway (there are lines on cuffs that show if they're too big or small on the person, and it's simple to change them over). x

Well I am well aware of the wrong size cuff problem. Years ago they used a too small cuff on me and it showed me through the roof with High BP. It was a mess. Never went back to that doctor because they were obviously too stupid to realize their mistake. My new doctor knew that cuff size effected the reading and told me to always ask for the large cuff. That's one brownie point I have to give me OBgyn his first question to the nurse was "did you use the large adult cuff on her" and even said that if it wasn't big enough it could show higher than normal readings. However, the nurse did use the large cuff because I demanded it. lol But I also feel the nurse didn't secure the cuff properly around my arm. It felt too loose at top and tighter near my elbow. Idk if that effects the reading but i'm sure it might.

Do you know if the pharmacies etc have the larger cuff??

Yes, if it's not on properly, it can affect the reading.

I'd look online to see what they stock. If they don't, eBay or Amazon should.

I've just found the heartbeat with my doppler! I'm so happy I was stating to get paranoid about a mmc :happydance:
Maxsmum welcome! So sorry for the loss of little max:(

I was thinking about getting a doppler. Which one do you have Steph? and are they relatively easy to use? I'm a BIG girl so i'm scared I won't be able to hear a heartbeat through all my blubber HAHA or as Manda says my FLUFF! lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->