****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I saw one on amazon.com for $30 that had amazing reviews. I don't think I'm going to get one, I'd get very obsessive with it ;)

You can get them second hand on eBay, very cheap.

Angel, it is fluff! ;) When I was little, my Mammaw would complain about being fat, and I always reminded her it was fluffiness, which was nice to cuddle up to! I try to keep my Southernisms, even though I've lived in the UK for 10+ years now.

That is so PRECIOUS!!!hehehe I am an expert cuddler! hahaha

Waiting for the u/s department to call with my appointment. RING PHONE!

Thanks to a helping hand from Maxparedesmom, I'd like to join if I may. =)

Had a MC late November at 7 weeks with no symptoms or warning, just gone.

Today I am exactly 7 weeks again, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm even terrified of going to the doctor. Not only because I don't have insurance, just moved to Portland and don't have a doctor yet, but because the last time I got all giddy, skipping to my first OB appointment, I was by myself, dreams crushed as I watched on the overhead screen while my doc told me he couldn't find the heartbeat.

I keep telling my DH that I'm just going to wait it out until I'm certain that it's safe to get excited. But at the rate I'm going, I'll be in the delivery room going "Ok honey, you can call your mom now." lol

Thanks to a helping hand from Maxparedesmom, I'd like to join if I may. =)

Had a MC late November at 7 weeks with no symptoms or warning, just gone.

Today I am exactly 7 weeks again, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm even terrified of going to the doctor. Not only because I don't have insurance, just moved to Portland and don't have a doctor yet, but because the last time I got all giddy, skipping to my first OB appointment, I was by myself, dreams crushed as I watched on the overhead screen while my doc told me he couldn't find the heartbeat.

I keep telling my DH that I'm just going to wait it out until I'm certain that it's safe to get excited. But at the rate I'm going, I'll be in the delivery room going "Ok honey, you can call your mom now." lol

Oh I understand your fear! Not sure if there will ever be a time that the OB office won't be scary- at least for that first time back. Even though it will be a different OB the scary memories are still there :hugs:

Welcome to Max's mom as well :flower:

Ladies who are on injectable blood thinners- have you ever flown pregnant? I leave in 3 days and I have no idea how to dispose of my needles while I am gone :-/

No, no call. Think I'll call the doctor and make sure they remembered to forward the referral. I'm turning into that crazy patient already!

Doctor never sent the referral. The receptionist said she'd get another doctor to take a look and send one in. Good thing I called!

Ladies who are on injectable blood thinners- have you ever flown pregnant? I leave in 3 days and I have no idea how to dispose of my needles while I am gone :-/

I would say to make sure you have the prescription (maybe even a note from the doctor), of course. I'd ring the airline as well, as there will be others on anticoagulants and insulin that have flown, so they should know what's required. Maybe your doctor or pharmacy can supply you with a small sharps bin.

Thanks Storked.

Even though I have a wonderful and supportive DH, i really hesitate to constantly inundate him with my obsessive worry. He wants this as bad as I do, I hate to have him as worried as me, too.

I don't feel like anything is wrong this time. Last time..... I guess I had my motherly instinct that something was amiss. I had called to make an appointment with my OB early on and was really annoyed when the rude receptionist told me that I had to wait 6 more weeks to be seen. I was blown away. But at 7 weeks, I called in a panic, DEMANDING that I be seen right away. There was nothing to lead me to believe anything was wrong, I just felt like things weren't right, and I wanted proof otherwise.

I hate the doctor.
I'm still even avoiding looking for one, and I know I need to.

I've got the angelsounds doppler and only paid about $30 for it. I found my dd at 9+6 but i have a theory that with the 2nd baby people find it earlier! Its pretty easy to use, you just squirt a bit a jelly and put the probe on and start searching for it. When you hear the baby, theres no mistaking it. The heart rate is really fast, about 150bpm and sounds like a horse or train.

pinpickle i know what you mean. with my mc i felt the same- i just KNEW something was wrong from the start eventhough i only mc at 8 weeks. with my daughter i was petrified but the feeling was different.

I had to fly a couple of days after I started my injections, I just took and empty sharps box with me (I was only away for 1 night though!) and the airline didn't care at all.

Had another scan today - bubs still looking good measuring 8 weeks. So growing perfectly on target :)

MS is still as horrible as ever! Really struggling with it, at least I'll be spewing with a bit of a smile tonight!

Great news Ginny!

Storked... with me in the UK I have to get a letter from my haemotologist regarding the needles presecription. I have actually been staying at my parents for the past week (personal issues) and I have not used a sharps box. I have been putting the top back on the needles and putting them back into their holders, I am them disposing of them into my main sharps box when I get home. You can get small portable sharps boxes so ask for one of those and your letter / prescription. It's better to be prepared as I do know that people have got turned away or had to lose their medication, it all depends on the airline and the staff on duty!

Enjoy your trip xo

I ended up calling TSA and they recommended that for international flights I leave all of my medication in it's packaging with the prescription information listed on it :-/
Will go look for a travel Sharp's container!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->