November Autumn Babies

Huge congrats Loves Cookies!!! He’s beautiful!

Azure and Wishn, it sounds like one of you might be next.

I’ve never lost my mucus plug before, so I’m simply waiting for my water to break like last time...although each pregnancy is different. Hoping everyone is enjoying their last days/weeks until baby arrives.

love cookies - congratulations on your baby boy! Such exciting time :happydance:

Good luck to everyone with their impending due dates.

I got news last Friday that because my baby was measuring big (90th percentile since 34 weeks), they want to induce me on Halloween night which is 38 weeks. We're also considering induction about 37w3d because I'm attempting a VBAC and we want to make sure the baby doesn't get too big but it's all still up in the air. I have an appointment with my doctor this Friday and she said if I'm dilated and/or effaced at all at that point she may send me straight to the hospital to start the induction process. I am so excited to meet my baby boy, but I'm also nervous about being induced because of the high rate of c-section when you're induced. I'm really trying to avoid a c-section, not because I think there's anything wrong with it but because I want the experience of a vaginal delivery. People think I'm insane but it's true.

Here's a picture of my maternity shoot we had 2 weeks ago!

Again good luck to everyone! It's so exciting we're all going to be meeting our littles in such a short amount of time.

maternity sneak peak.jpg

love cookies - congratulations on your baby boy! Such exciting time :happydance:

Good luck to everyone with their impending due dates.

I got news last Friday that because my baby was measuring big (90th percentile since 34 weeks), they want to induce me on Halloween night which is 38 weeks. We're also considering induction about 37w3d because I'm attempting a VBAC and we want to make sure the baby doesn't get too big but it's all still up in the air. I have an appointment with my doctor this Friday and she said if I'm dilated and/or effaced at all at that point she may send me straight to the hospital to start the induction process. I am so excited to meet my baby boy, but I'm also nervous about being induced because of the high rate of c-section when you're induced. I'm really trying to avoid a c-section, not because I think there's anything wrong with it but because I want the experience of a vaginal delivery. People think I'm insane but it's true.

Here's a picture of my maternity shoot we had 2 weeks ago!

Again good luck to everyone! It's so exciting we're all going to be meeting our littles in such a short amount of time.

Ash, your maternity photo is flawless! You look stunning! I love everything about it from your dress to the field. How exciting you’re so close to meeting your little one. I had a growth scan and they’re predicting that my baby will be around 9 pounds when born. I hope your induction goes smoothly and you’re able to have the vaginal delivery you desire. Giving birth vaginally, in my opinion, is fun in the sense that you discover something new about your body’s ability.

Looking gorgeous Ash! I hope your induction goes well and you get the vaginal birth you want.

Nogreater it looks like a few of us are expecting “big babies”!

They estimated mine at 7 lbs 7 oz at 37+3, so could be over 9 pounds if I go past 40 weeks. These size estimates are really not great though, the margin of error is more than a pound in either direction. My midwife says a big baby is not a medical reason to induce labour (maybe a different story for vbac). I’m scared of being induced early and ending up needing a c-section. I’ll have an ultrasound at 40 weeks if I make it that far. Lost some more mucus plug today so who knows!

wishin - Definitely VBAC is a different story. Since I already have scar tissue in and around my uterus the bigger the baby the greater the chance of uterine rupture. Scary stuff. That said, most VBACs even with larger babies tend to do great. I've had two ultrasounds done in the last week by 2 different techs and they're within a pound of each other. Not to mention the ultrasounds I had through the pregnancy where the baby was consistently measuring large. I'm confident that the doctors are right and this baby is going to be large. I was a big baby and my husband was a huge baby at 10.5lbs. I think under "normal" circumstances, meaning no pregnancy complications at all inducing for size is crazy but for my specific situation it's a fine balance between the risks to the baby by inducing early and the risks to myself and the baby not to induce early because of his estimated size. It's been a rough few weeks trying to figure out what the right thing to do is but I'm pretty confident with this plan.

If you're already losing mucus plug that's a great sign and I wish you all the best! Best case scenario your baby comes on due date. :D

I agree, Wishn. The scans aren’t 100% accurate. At 36w6d they estimated baby being 7 lbs 5 oz, so about the same as you. However, my midwife estimated the baby being about 6 lbs 5 oz and being around 8 lbs at birth. I trust my midwife, who has 25+ years of experience over technology. I too am scared of being induced for the same reason, it leading to a c-section. Hospitals in my area have an awfully high c-section rate, so I’m grateful that, as of now, there’s no medical need to induce. I think it’s so neat that you’re still losing mucus plug! Have you experienced any contractions?

Thanks Ash! I’m perfectly happy to be pregnant until my due date...after that I may start to get anxious. That is a tricky decision for you, trying to balance the risks to you and baby with the risk of ending up with a c-section anyway from an early induction. I really hope it all goes smoothly. How exciting that you could have your baby in your arms by this weekend or early next week!

Nogreater, I thought I might be having contractions on Friday evening while I was watching tv, the cramping was mild and seeming to follow a pattern, but not even as painful as period cramps. And then when I got up and started moving around to get ready for bed they went away. Midwife said they could have been “head settling” cramps, caused by the baby’s head descending into my pelvis. Makes sense as today she could feel that 2/5 of baby’s head had descended. I have no idea what to expect it to feel like! I hope I will know when it’s real contractions and real labour!

That’s great that baby is moving into position. I hate to sound so cliche, but you’ll definitely know when it’s time. With my first my water broke, but I didn’t have any other definitive signs I was in labor until about 14 hours later when I could barely walk. Each woman and pregnancy is different so I’m curious to see what happens this time. I hope I’m able to identify my labor pains as I’m so busy with a 4 year old I hardly have time to pay attention.

Congratulations Love Cookies! You have a beautiful baby! I can't believe that it's already that time when babies are starting to come out and the rest of us are so close to having our babies too. I am a little over 36 weeks now, and I am like, how did I get here? I haven't been writing on this thread much mainly because my job has been so insane; I haven't really had time to do anything else. I keep wondering how much longer I will be able to keep working. I feel stressed that I won't be able to finish everything I want to finish before I go on leave, so part of me wants to stay as long as possible to try to get things done, but the other part of me just wants a break already. My commute involves more than 60 minutes of walking a day, and sometimes my body just doesn't want to do it, besides the fact that the job itself is too much stress for me right now. Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks!!!

Happy and healthy little Alexander Lynn was born this afternoon at 4 pm, via VBAC. 7 lbs 5 oz, 19.75"

Birth story: I woke up this morning at 4 am with period pain and back pain during contractions, about 8 minutes apart. I got care sorted out for my 2 other kiddos and got to the hospital at 8 am. The check showed I was still a loose 1 cm and fairly thick. They sent me walking the halls and I came back two hours later when they got much closer.

I was rechecked and they tested for amniotic fluid, which was leaking slightly. 2 cm at 11 am and they finished breaking my waters. They got so painful, the epidural never worked 100% and failed after 2.5 hours, right around transition. I was screaming as I waited for the CNM to get in and evaluate things. A bolus of pain meds helped to get me comfortable enough to push.

The CNM came in after delivering a prior baby and we got ready to deliver. 5 minutes of pushing and he was here! Not a single tear. I'm just in love with him!

Congratulations, Azure! What a handsome little guy!

So exciting that birth stories are happening.

Good luck today, Ash. Wishing you a smooth delivery.

Aah congrats to all who have already got to meet their little ones...I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, and feel like she could arrive any time. Every time I get a twinge, I get excited, then the nerves kick in...then I remember I'm pregnant, so twinges tend to mean nothing! ...also I worry about her every 5 minutes, and just want to know she's OK...think I'm going mad!! I'm so rubbish at being patient, so every time I get excited, i get really annoyed after, that nothing has happened yet!!

Congrats Azure! He’s beautiful! Looks like he’s smiling already!

Our sweet baby boy was born on Sunday evening at 39+2 weighing 7 lbs 10 oz! I ended up with complications and having a c-section so we are still in hospital. My birthstory is in my journal if you’re interested...it was pretty scary and nothing went the way we planned, but we have our baby boy safely in our arms and that’s what matters! I am hoping and praying that we will get to take him home tomorrow. We are so in love with this little pumpkin <3

B23CF2A2-AB01-483E-839E-AFC2EAD6C146.jpeg

Beautiful babies Azure and Wishin! Congrats to you both!

Omigosh.... I want my baby here already, but I am so scared of the labor process. I just want to skip over that stage.

Wishin - congratulations on the birth of your baby boy! I'm sorry it was a bit scary but I'm so happy everything turned out ok.

Azure - Congratulations on your baby boy too! So exciting, the babies have started to arrive.

I was able to convince my doctor to allow me to go until 38w4d. I'm being induced on Monday morning. Can't wait! I'm very nervous because of the VBAC risks but I am so excited to have an opportunity to have a vaginal delivery. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Ash, that’s great you were able to wait. Wishing you the best on Monday and hope you get the VBAC you want. Can’t wait to hear your birth story!

Congratulations to all who have met their beautiful babies already <3
39 weeks tomorrow here. We had planned on a home birth but due to my potassium levels taking a nosedive and iron, it seemed advisable to go to hospital. However, my potassium and iron levels are currently fine (Spatone worked a miracle with my iron!), so I did ask the midwife if I could safely reconsider home birth but she seemed reluctant due to my being on diazepam still, despite having halved the dose (I am currently on a third of my dose as I have dropped more of it recently. Plan is to keep on until I’m not taking any). Weird because she didn’t seem bothered before.
I have an echocardiogram Tuesday to make sure there isn’t anything wrong with my heart, which seems all the more important after learning my potassium was so low. If all is fine there and I manage to completely stop diazepam a good few days before labour kicks off then I will try for home I think, as this is what I’m most comfortable with and if all is fine then there isn’t any reason why I shouldn’t have him at home. Having acupuncture this week hopefully, so this ought to help with stopping meds.
Other than that feeling rather uncomfortable, especially when he wriggles a lot. I saw what looked like a foot sticking out earlier, and the other day my husband said he could only describe what looked like something out of Alien moving about lol

How did the echocardiogram go Happy? Are you able to have your home birth? You’re almost to 40 weeks, any signs of labor yet?

As for me...our bump turned pink earlier this week! Labor was 10 hours start to finish with no tearing or complications. And my midwife was right. She weighed 8lbs, so not terribly big, but definitely meaty. I feel so calm this time around. It feels great to finally hold this baby in my arms. Wishing everyone well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->