November Autumn Babies

Thank you. I hope so too.

Yeah. I feel old! I slaved over that cake for hours and still totally messed it up lol! It tastes ok though. A little heavy, perhaps I over mixed it? It was edible though and the flavour was good. I made it a lemon drizzle cake, which is one of his favourites. Good job his friend made him a most spectacular chocolate cake

Big hugs happy. I’m so sorry you’re miserable and not able to enjoy your pregnancy. I really hope things get better.

All this talk about cake, now I want cake!

We had our growth ultrasound this morning....baby is pretty big already, estimated at 5 lbs 10 oz, which is the 78th percentile for 33+4. I better keep on top of my blood sugar to keep baby from getting too huge! Doctor was happy with my blood sugar numbers, told me to keep doing what I’m doing and come back in two weeks.

They threatened me with the whole child protection thing and said they thought I’m some huge risk to the children, yet (and I don’t want to speak too soon) I haven’t heard anything since which is kind of weird. They have to invite you to any meetings they decide to have about you for a start, so my guess is they must be waiting for our GP and iSend (person who oversees home education) to report back to them, to me this would indicate their claims of me being such a risk even to their superiors must appear fabricated, otherwise surely they would act sooner? You don’t leave children you believe to be suffering already, or will be suffering abuse or neglect, you act immediately.

Anyway, yes cake, you could probably have smashed double glazing with this lol but they all seemed to enjoy it anyway.

That weight may seem huge but if they’re on average meant to put on about half a pound per week from here, then they shouldn’t be overly huge. Hopefully. Fingers, legs and lady gardens crossed.
They estimated this LO to be about 2lb 12oz at 28+2, so I’m probably not far behind you! Things are starting to become rather uncomfortable though, with room disappearing

Happy it seems like they’re all talk and no action. You’re right, if they had adequate evidence that your children were in “imminent danger”, they would have already intervened. I hope they keep backing off, but it sure must be tough on you to be waiting for the other shoe to drop, like you’re not anxious enough already.

Lol, lady garden crossed indeed!

We have a wealth of professionals on our side, all making positive reports. I think they may be waiting on the woman from iSend who deals with home education, to visit and report back. She’s coming tomorrow. She has always been happy before so hopefully she will be as happy tomorrow. We would usually keep contact via email but she’s visiting so she can say she has seen all five children in real life. Which is ridiculous, but SS have put her in an awkward position.
I have contacted some local councillors to ask for their support who have said they are happy to help.
I heard back from the customer relations team manager but he is absolutely useless (I told him that he is a waste of government resources), isn’t impartial and stuck up for them ignoring my points. I had a few choice words about that

Hi ladies

How does everyone feel? I only have about 4 and a half weeks left till my due date and it feels so close but I think its because I'm not ready yet.

kitty - I'm feeling done! I'm 34w4d and I am hoping this baby comes at 38 weeks and doesn't wait until my due date. He is measuring very large via ultrasound (2 weeks ahead on average) and I am just so ready to have my body back. I'm also extremely excited to meet him! I hope everyone else is doing well!

Kitty, our due dates are only a day apart and I too have a lot to do. With my first, I had everything ready by this week (36), but it just hasn’t happened this time. Overall, I feel really good. However, I am growing a bit inpatient as I’m just so excited to meet this little baby!

Ash, aww I know that feeling. My first pregnancy I measured over 2 weeks ahead. I had polyhydramnios and my midwives were surprised that I made it to my due date. And when my water broke, it was very apparent that I had extra amniotic fluid. I hope your little boy comes when you want him to!

Hi ladies! We’re all getting close! I’m excited for the birth announcements to start rolling in.

I’m 36+3 today. I’m still feeling pretty good physically, and we just about have everything ready. I go back and forth between wanting to meet this little baby any time now and wanting to keep it safe and sound inside me for a couple more weeks! Last scan at 35+3 my babe was measuring at the 80th percentile, estimated weight 6 lbs 11 oz! Feeling a bit nervous about having a big baby!

Just me that's really struggling to find things now they've changed the layout on this page?? ...Been to midwife today at 33+6, and she's referred me for a growth scan in the morning because bump is measuring small. I get that it's part of the procedure, but it annoys me that so much of this comes from a graph. How can you measure something on a graph that is different for every woman? ...I was born 3 weeks early at 6lb half an ounce, and so was my brother. I'm only small, im about 5ft 4, and my bmi is pretty low, therefore it's quite likely that I will carry a small baby, but my midwife just wants to look at graphs and charts, and never thinks about these things. Last time I was measured, baby was head down, feet in my ribs, in a straight line, so bump was quite big, this time she is still head down, but bum to the left and feet to the right, so almost curled up in a ball. Therefore, bump smaller. the cross is still between the two lines, but not quite where she wants it to be, so I'm having to go for this appointment. I would understand it if i was having reduced movements or anything like that, but she never stops kicking!

I don't even think its the being sent for a scan that's the issue, it is just my particular midwife. She is so impersonal. She talks to my green book more than she does to me, never tells me what she's writing, or why, and often makes up half the answers. This time she wrote down that I was emotionally well, without even asking me! ...She had a student in this time, who was lovely, but clearly very new, and she paid little or no attention to her either. When the student took my pulse, she told the midwife it was 66, and the midwife wrote it down, and moved on, at which point i half jokingly said 'It's never been that low before', and was ignored by the midwife. The student took it again, at which point she realized it was 75, but didn't change what she had written down! ...I also told her I have been having quite a few moments of palpitations, and a very fast resting pulse, and she just said ok, and moved on, making no note of it or anything. They go on and on about how when pregnant, you should tell the midwife everything, even if it is the tiniest thing, but as soon as I tell my midwife something she can't read off a chart, she seems to just ignore it!

Sorry, rant over, I can't wait to have my little one in my arms, and be living life as a new little family! Hope you're all doing ok, can't wait to start seeing all the birth announcements very soon!

Zoboe, I’m sorry you’re dealing with an impersonal midwife. I switched practices partly due to that reason. It’s so frustrating and unfortunate that so many doctors/midwives nowadays lack bedside manner.

I completely agree with you that charts and graphs are not always the answer and should not be solely relied upon because each body, and pregnancy, is different. Are you able to see another midwife?

I’m sorry your midwife sucks Zoboe. That was the whole reason I went with a midwife instead of an OB, so that I would be treated like a person, not just a number. How very frustrating for you. I hope your growth scan went well.

I was annoyed to have to do growth scans too (but for the opposite reason!), but after having two scans I am actually finding it comforting to see our babe and know that it’s okay and even though it’s measuring big, the growth rate week to week is perfectly normal. I think that’s more important than the absolute size estimate, they just want to see that the babe is continuing to grow which means the placenta is still functioning properly.

Growth scan is tomorrow morning. I live 45 minutes from hospital, and they couldn't fit me in today. I was told tomorrow at 8.55 is the only option i have. Sadly there is no other option of midwife. I live in a fairly small town, with only one doctors surgery (two practices, but the same surgery, and they share a midwife). The midwife is also only in one and a half days a week, so getting an appointment is not easy! Oh well, she certainly wont be travelling to the hospital when little one is born, so I wont have to deal with her much longer! (Postnatal care will be with her i think, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!)

...looking on the positive side, only 6 weeks until due date!! ....I think I'm suffering with a sinus infection, which probably isn't helping my mood today, but my bestest friends in the world are coming to stay this weekend (they live about 200 miles away), and currently oh, and my brother are upstairs fitting new lovely doors to the upstairs bedrooms, so life could be worse!

Well, I got my last growth scan today at 36+3. Baby was 6 lbs 6 oz, so perfectly average! Yesterday I had my GBS swab and a cervical check and the doctor was rough, it hurt. I had tons of bloody plug come out last night and this morning. I was only 1 cm though.

How was your growth scan Zoboe? I hope you have a good time with your friends visiting this weekend!

Azure that’s great your babe’s weight is right on target! Sorry the doctor was rough...exciting you’ve lost some plug and started to dilate though! You might be the first to “pop” on our thread!

I’m 37 weeks today! :happydance: Getting closer!

50423251-C5C2-4692-89D8-DA342CF5FD51.jpeg

Growth scan was absolutely fine, lady doing the scan said I was never going to have a massive bump because I'm quite a small person! ...always nice to know little one is happy and healthy though...she certainly wriggles a lot...and gets hiccups allllll the time! ...37 weeks still feels like a lifetime away for me, In reality its not at all, its 2.5 weeks, and one minute I feel totally prepared, the next minute I'm terrified!!

How was your growth scan Zoboe? I hope you have a good time with your friends visiting this weekend!

Azure that’s great your babe’s weight is right on target! Sorry the doctor was rough...exciting you’ve lost some plug and started to dilate though! You might be the first to “pop” on our thread!

I’m 37 weeks today! :happydance: Getting closer!

View attachment 1045407

I doubt it! I'm happy to wait another week or two or three.

And congrats on getting to 37 weeks, it's the home stretch now!

38+1 and losing hugs chunks of mucus plug for the past 3 days. Last time this happened I had a baby about a week after it started. I'm hoping and praying I get to cuddle this new one soon. I'm just nervous to see how we adjust as a family.

38+1 and losing hugs chunks of mucus plug for the past 3 days. Last time this happened I had a baby about a week after it started. I'm hoping and praying I get to cuddle this new one soon. I'm just nervous to see how we adjust as a family.

Hi ladies

I realise i've been really inactive on this thread. As you can imagine i've had lots of mental health problems following on from our loss last year and me needing an emergency cervical stitch at 14 weeks this pregnancy. I didn't even begin to imagine i'd be bringing home a baby until 3 weeks ago and did nothing to prepare for birth or baby until 2 weeks ago.

Anyhow, I had my baby boy this morning at 6:39am at 37+5 after an induction for prolonged reduced fetal movements and maternal anxiety which took 12 hours and 39 minutes from start to finish! He weighed 6lb 5oz and despite knowing he's been a boy since 17 weeks he is currently nameless!

I have been following all your journeys even though I haven't participated and I'm looking forward to seeing all the birth announcements coming up!

IMG-20181022-WA0008.jpg

Oh huge congrats lovescookies on the arrival of your beautiful baby boy! It’s wonderful to hear from you. I’m so happy you got your happy ending, you deserve it after all you’ve been through. Enjoy the snuggles with your little one :hugs:

Azure, that’s exciting, sounds like you may be next!

I lost a big glob of mucus plug and had what I thought might be contractions on Friday night. No signs since then. I was using evening primrose oil and eating dates all last week, so maybe some “cervical ripening” has started for me! I’m still working until the end of this week, so hoping baby will stay put until at least the weekend. It’s so nerve wracking not knowing when it’s coming! A day? A week? 3 more weeks???

I wonder if there will be any more babies arriving before November!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"