November Fireworks 2017

We went from moses basket (right next to bed) to cot in with us, then cot in his own room at around 5.5 months, I think.

Our son is still in the room which will become the baby's. Initially I didn't think this was a problem, for the aforementioned reasons (baby in with us), but actually, to have a place for nappy changing and storage and having somewhere away from hubby and son in the night when baby is crying would be useful! We're hoping to get another room decorated (not by us, but the decorator may not be available in time) for our son to move into before the baby arrives. We're not aiming to redecorate his current room; just thorough clean and rearrange furniture and maybe accessorise. I guess I'm just hoping that things go to plan on the right timescale!

We live in a 2 bedroom house and my son has one of the rooms. So until we move, I am decorating a corner of our bedroom. I'm just getting started with that project!

As for her sleeping situation, I am using her pack n' play, like I did with my son. It comes with a bassinet to sleep her next to my bed. My son slept in his pack n' play for a year before I moved him into his own room and crib.

@emma, I have hot flashes all the time. I'll be fanning myself with my hand and always complain in hot! Even when my poor son says he's cold!

Emma- I get hot flashes. They suck. Weirdly enough I haven't had them as badly compared to my last pregnancy.

I had my GTT yesterday morning. I really struggled with it this time, I felt faint and really sick. Hopefully the results are fine, I won't find out until next Thursday.

I feel so so slack this pregnancy. I have not organised ANYTHING for the new baby. Sometimes I feel really guilty, that we were so organised and excited for our first, and that this time it just isn't the same. Any other STM's feel the same?

We had my son's 2nd birthday party on the weekend. It was so lovely. He has been so excited about all of his new toys all week. It has actually surprised me, because he already has half a house full of toys haha but he has been so excited to show off his new toys to anyone who visits. It's really cute.
I can't believe I have a 2 year old. I don't feel grown up enough to have a 2 year old :haha: now soon I will have 2 kids! And I will be using the phrase "my KIDS". I'm still not used to saying "my son" haha.

We celebrated our son's 3rd birthday this weekend, LittleLala. I keep looking at him and wondering how 3 years have gone by already, and then I look at his sister, who is nearly 4 1/2, and that's even more surreal. I was more slack with my second baby than with my first, sure. There was only 17 months between them, however, so I was still somewhat reeling from becoming a new parent to the first child when I became pregnant with the second one. This time, I'm pretty organized, because my kids are both a lot more independent. Like, I can wash, fold, and store new baby clothes, while they entertain themselves with a game, or their toys, etc., and I don't have to be there to facilitate everything. I suppose we'll have to drag the crib up here in a few weeks, and actually figure out how to reassemble it, and all of that. Eeeek! This pregnancy is going by fast, I'll admit. I have everything washed, sterilized, and sorted...I need to just reconfigure our carseat situation, figure out the new stroller, and do the crib thing.

I have done nothing bar try and get some clothing freebies to replace all the stuff I got rid of in the throes of pnd 😕 I will however use husband being incapacitated for nearly 5 weeks now as an excuse 😉 TBH I am not sure how organised I can be as we still have to move house somewhere before November 😕
But yes, I do empathise - poor baby nearly here and our organisation is just not happening yet!

Thanks ladies for your input on sleep options. I have looked more at bassinets and think I will wait until the baby is here to decide exactly what we need. After all we have plenty of time before baby gets here.

Has anyone been buying anything for baby? I keep collecting cloths, specifically girls clothing (since we already have boy clothing). I have been putting a big brother gift together too.

Wookie- you are such a go getter I love your energy with 2 Littles you are still way ahead of me. I hope one of these weekends I will gain some of your organization and get things in order.

Believe it or not, I am extremely fortunate to have my family so excited that they've been buying baby clothes and other items since I revealed I was having a girl. I think I've mentioned it before, but it's been 12 years since anyone has had a little girl in my family! They're definitely spoiling her already!

We also want to get a gift for my son that will be from his baby sister. Something he will love and find special, I cannot wait!

Anyone have ideas on sibling gifts that can last longer than 1 year? I bought a big brother shirt (of course) and a big brother book, but was hoping for something more sentimental as he gets older (I believe boys are harder). I am trying to find a sibling picture frame to put in their room but it's hard not knowing the gender so that might have to happen after.

Sorry FuturebabyG, also struggling to find a meaningful gift from sister to my son :(!

Just wanted to say I finally hit double digits!! 99 days to go!! I feel so happy as I am due way-way after all of you!! Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Omg pregnancy insomnia seems to have kicked in! Am shattered! Does anyone else have this / ways of fixing it??

I have the occasional bad night or two but I think I eventually get so tired the following night I sleep ok lol!
Maybe try no TV before bed or eating too late?

Hey ladies can I join? I'm due on the 4th November but will be induced end of October x

Im due Nov 4th too! But am also looking at a October baby!

why are they looking to october for you emma? for me its gestational diabetes and being so far from hospital when i normally have superfast deliveries.

Hey 3boys! Happy to see you over here!!!!! Adding you to the front :flower:

DS2 was a big baby - 10lb 1 so because of how my recovery was the next one will either be c section at 39 weeks or induce at 38.5 weeks to give me the best chance of having a slightly smaller baby!

DS2 was a big baby - 10lb 1 so because of how my recovery was the next one will either be c section at 39 weeks or induce at 38.5 weeks to give me the best chance of having a slightly smaller baby!

Wow!!! :shock:

I thought I had it bad with my son at 8 lbs 9 oz!

I might ask for an induction at 39 weeks because it'll be thanksgiving week and all the kids are off from school, it'll make things a little easier for me. I've talked to my OBGYN about possibly getting an induction then and she's on the fence, so am I, so we'll see how that goes!

@Emma, did you go over with you DS2? I had to be induced at 41 weeks with my son, and that's something I don't want this time around-- to go over..

I can't believe due dates are starting to get closer!! So exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->