• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Fireworks 2017

Are you in the uk? I think they're all excellent reasons but I also don't think you Have to be convincing in the uk, you can just say you want it.

I hear good things about elective csecs, a friend had two and was up and about quite quickly! For me even an emcs didn't really seem to be a problem for breastfeeding either which is great - midwives helped syringe colostrum into her whilst we figured it out (I pressed the 'come and help me' button a Lot in that stage!) and once home the milk came in and turned my breasts to rocks.

Thank you. I have been researching and talking to everyone I know whos had a planned and emergency and no one seems to have struggled as much as I did with ds2. He was 10lb 1, forceps delivery which left me unable to walk for weeks, sex hurt for months and months after. Nearly had the episotomy redone but on the day of the operation they said it would actually do more harm than good.
My OH's mum had three forceps deliveries and I just have a feeling through genitics and bad luck if I was induced even though the consultant said they wouldnt use forceps I have visions on them having "no choice" and I'd be mentally scarred again. I also think as soon as labour starts I'm just not in the right mindset and will panic.
I paniced with ds2 as they wouldn't give me any pain relief after trying to get to the hospital as quick as possible (ds1 was too late for anything). It took a stern word from OH to say a warm towel isnt going to cut it and I finally got my epidural.
Then when ds2 was stuck because of size they didnt check to see if I was pain free and performed the episotomy and I felt everything. Was like a torture chamber.. and still not easy to think about.
I just want a smooth delivery for once - and hopefully a normal sized baby 😂

I am the exact opposite. Had an "emergency" c-section with dd1, recovered well. Had an elective with dd2 because everyone said it would be even easier. It was COMPLETE hell!!! It took almost 5 months for me to even feel ok. They stitched a nerve or so they tell me and the pain was so bad I would pass out, no amount of pain meds touched it, they even injected 5 long needles into my abdomen trying to numb the pain. My staples which were supposed to be dissolvable , worked themselves loose and I had to endure them pulling 6 of them out , all the while laying there crying and shaking from the pain! The staples aren't like staples in a staple gun, they are horse shoe shaped plastic pieces with little sharp barbs on the end like fish hooks to keep them in place!! It was hell!!! Which is why I'm doing everything in my power to have a vbac this time!!

Just remember c-section is major surgery. So definitely plan for recovery to be hard. You can only hope for the best but prepare for the worst! I'm sorry your births have been hard :hugs:!!!

Thanks Pink.. wow that sounds rough. Fingers crossed you get your vbac, when is yours decided?

It's already decided , I'm with a midwife now. So I do get to go ahead and try. I have until 42 weeks and then they will discuss induction techniques!

I hope my story didn't scare you. It just really bothered me that everyone told me it would be so easy so that's what I chose and then afterward other people said "well I didn't want to tell you I had "x" happen and scare you!" I guess I see the bad from both sides. I take into account all the risks of vaginal birth and even needing an emergency c-section and the risks of an elective c-section... with everything in life there are risks. You just have to decide which risks you want to take!!

Oh yes completely..
i think some people wouldn't even try again after I did with ds1's assisted birth.. and I got told that ds2 was a normal size even though I felt massive and that 2nd births are easier etc. To have what happened that time was a really shock and took a while to process how bad it was. That and ds2 basically cried for the first year of his life that I'm sure was from the birth.
Hes still a funny little fish now 😂
Are you in the UK Pink?

I've had some really traumatic births especially the last one where they thought he was going to die and had to peel the cervix back over his head to get him out fast. Recovery has been slow many times and I'm so tempted to ask for a c section but I know they wouldn't give me one and from seeing many friends really struggle with c section recoveries I'm not sure that's guaranteed to go any better. It's a tough one, I don't think there are any easy answers, I'll just have to pray that this birth goes a little smoother.

No not in the uk! I'm in the states :)!!

It is a tough one. My friend just had a successful vbac although she had a 4th degree tear from vacuum assist! She did say the recovery was night and day different from vaginal and c-section recovery even with the tear. She couldn't sit for a week but she could move around no problem where as before with the section she couldn't move around or lay down or get comfy, everything hurt. So I am a little nervous about tearing badly. I wish there was an easy answer that would just let the baby come out easily without any issues lol!!

Emma I feel you on the crying thing. Dd2 had the worst colic ever and on top of my terrible c-section recovery I kept getting mastitis and plugged ducts. Dd2 had an upper lip tie that the docs refused to fix, which led to 4 bouts of mastitis and 12 plugged ducts in my 14 months of nursing her .. it was maddening! I've learned a lot from that birth/recovery/and of course her.

Oh wow Pink.. heres to happier babies for us both too!
I'll update after the appointment on Thursday. Might get a growth scan that day too.. if not I've definitely got one on the 5th october!

Awesome! I've got a scan on Saturday just to check placenta and baby one more time :) they will tell me baby's weight also! Fx'd we both get good news!!!

Praying for smooth deliveries for all. I’m both amazed and frightened at all the complications. I thought my experience was bad, but it doesn’t even compare to what you ladies have been through!

I see my obgyn on Friday for a growth scan due to my 2 vessel cord issue and my tumor/cyst on my right ovary. Hoping everything is progressing normally. I’m so anxious to hold her but I’m not due till 11/26:nope:

Hi ladies, I'm just finding my way to this thread so I'll introduce myself. My name is Alex, I have an almost 4 year old girl named Peyton and I have another girl named Mackenzie Lee due November 7th!

This past week has been rough though as she is measuring small (9th percentile) according to fetal growth scan and umbilical scan yesterday reveals blood flow to baby on 'low side of normal.' Trying not to panic but it is hard. I'll be having 2 non stress tests and one umbilical scan per week now from here on out to make sure baby is OK.

Hoping for lots of healthy babys for all of us! Not much longer now :)

Hi Alex! I’ll add you to the front! Sorry to hear about the troubles you’re having! Hopefully she stays safe and sound for now!

Ladies I forgot to post here but I was diagnosed with cholestasis of pregnancy this past week. My placenta is also very calcified. Twice a week ultrasounds and nsts and he’s coming out during week 36 I’ve been told. Been pretty nervous.

Welcome amurray! Praying your little girl stays safe and that things progress normally from here on out. Hugs!

Update from my Friday visit:My baby girl is doing great and weighs appx. 4lbs 7oz! As for my tumor/cyst, they cannot find it!!!!! I’m so elated because if it grew bigger I was headed for a C-section as time progressed. I talked to my obgyn and she said as long as I was healthy and baby continued to do well, she’d allow me to go up to 41 weeks without any intervention!!!!! I was a total wreck before my visit but after it, I’m all smiles and cannot be grateful enough.

That's great news Brenda!!!

My ultrasound today went great! Baby weighs somewhere around 5lb 4oz. . Placenta is perfect, fluid level is perfect, head down and ready for take off.. oh and baby has a ton of hair <3

Couldn't be more excited about having a final "go" on my tolac. Woohoo. Vba2c here we come!!!!!! <3

Ttc, that sounds scary to know, although hurrah for being diagnosed and monitored. Big hugs, I am sure it will turn out well!

Its taken me a few days to want to write an update about my consultant appointment last week.. purely because I've been so upset and taken back by it that I firstly had to put some plans in place to fight his decision!
Basically I went to the same consultant at about 19 weeks and he said what ever happens WE will make this a good birth for you.. if the baby is measuring big than I would have a c section no questions asked etc..
anyway when I met with him on Thursday it was like seeing a completely different person and now I'm kicking myself that I just sat that and barely said anything.
He promised me a scan by him to get a rough idea of size and all I got was a tummy feel and a fundal height measure (which i am measuring a week ahead on and I didn't even measure ahead with the 10lb DS)
So he has booked me in to get induced 3 weeks today!
I'll be 38+2. Luckily my midwife is pretty good at the moment and so she is sending me to another consultant for a second opinion.
What I dont understand is why say the c section card is on the table at one appointment and then say its not at the next?!
Anyway I felt so upset and stressed by it all, I barely ate for 3 days, slept awfully and was getting so many stomach tightenings I was worried I had brought on labour myself... &#128556;&#128553;

Oh emma, go fight! You poor thing &#128533;
https://www.birthrights.org.uk/2017/05/do-i-have-a-right-to-choose-a-caesarean-section/
Nice guidelines (bottom of the article) are on your side, they can offer counselling instead but then you’re still entitled to say ‘no thanks, csec!’.

Sending you all the good luck and also hugs, as someone who is also pretty scared, that sounds like a horrendous appt &#128533;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->