November Fireworks 2017

Team yellow... turned pink!
Emergency c section at 2.29am. 38+3 days and it was a girl (biggest shock of my life)
8lb 6oz and her name is Olive!

Aww Emma huge congrats on the arrival of baby Olive <3 so exciting. I hope you aren't in too much pain from the c section x

Congratulations Emma!! Glad to hear all went well, great name btw! I am naming my daughter Olivia Rose!

I am getting so excited seeing the arrival of babies to our group! I can't believe how quickly time has gone.
I am so nervous and excited for my little one to arrive. I can't wait to meet him, but I am I also getting flashbacks of how totally EXHAUSTING having a newborn is, and alsoooo scared of the pain of recovery (I'm a big sook :haha: )

Thinking of everyone still pregnant - the end is in the sight!

Loving life at the moment with my little Olive.
C section recovery is ok so far - &#128077;&#127995;&#128077;&#127995;

Thinking of everyone still pregnant - the end is in the sight!

Loving life at the moment with my little Olive.
C section recovery is ok so far - &#128077;&#127995;&#128077;&#127995;

So glad to hear that you are recovering well :flower:

Starting to lose some plug, but still hoping this baby waits until Wednesday!!!

Eeeekk, so exciting pinkpassion!!

Thank you Emma, so glad to hear all is well with you and baby Olive.

As for me, I am just starting my weekly visits next friday and will have my first cervix check. I have been experiencing mild contractions, pretty sure they&#8217;re Braxton Hicks contractions as they don&#8217;t last too long. I am going to begin using Evening Primrose Oil gel capsules vaginaly as suggested by my Ob/Gyn, I hope this helps so that I don&#8217;t have to be induced. I&#8217;ve talked about induction at 39 weeks, but I&#8217;d much rather go on my own. Please pray for me that I go naturally, thanks all <3

I have a midwife visit next Tuesday. The obstetrician talked about sweeps from 38 weeks so I’m guessing I’ll need another appointment soon after?

Tbh most excitingly, we have finally exchanged on our house and are moving on Friday. So after Friday I can actually start making some efforts to have a baby! What are evening primrose capsules meant to do please?

The aim is to have the baby after next Friday (obviously!) but before the 17th...as that’s when people start having conversations about induction (for which I have zero enthusiasm) or csec (equally unkeen but sounds Less bad than induction)

Poor husband has discovered that a wife who is having to move house just before due date will gravitate to online shopping for lamps and rugs and other such nesting items - and it’s probably impossible to stop them without looking bad &#128521;&#128516;

@justme, my doctor suggested this instead of nipple stimulation. Nipple stimulation can really induce labor but she doesn&#8217;t recommend it because there&#8217;s no way of knowing or monitoring the baby in the event the becomes stressed. As for the Evening Primrose Oil, it&#8217;s suppose to help with thinning of the cervix. It can also help with shortening the overall duration of labor.

This is what I found : According to American Family Physician, evening primrose oil may help the cervix soften and efface (thin out). Other studies suggest that it can help shorten labor duration. This is due to linolenic acid found in EPO, which may trigger a prostaglandin response in the body.

I&#8217;m 36 weeks now and I feel a lot of sharp pains in my bladder, I feel pain in my pelvis, and I&#8217;m very uncomfortable. I&#8217;d like to try EPO after my cervix check up on friday, that way I can have a starting point and find out if EPO actually helps. I will update then!

Good luck with your EPO Brenda, I hope it helps.

I am soooo ready for baby to arrive now. I'm 38 weeks today (my ticker is wrong) :)
Pregnancy hurts so much more this time around, I guess because I am running after a 2 yr old all day instead of watching Netflix like I was last time haha.
The dr said last week that baby is engaged, which I can definitely feel haha. He's so low and there's so much pressure. Counting down to my induction on the 10th!!

My baby is here! As you may recall, I was admitted to hospital to await my section on 3rd. However, I had a major bleed (due to the placenta previa) on the second night, (not quite the more rested night I was looking for!*)so they brought my date forward to 30th, so that's when i had her! Planned section was fine - scary, but not bad at all. Personally I'm finding the post-op pain very difficult. My daughter is beautiful. Weighed 6lb 5oz. Needed a bit of support for breathing for about 15 minutes but she's fine and perfect!

* Woke at 11.30 and felt like I'd wet myself. Quietly made it to the bathroom to investigate and there was blood everywhere! Pulled the emergency cord and a team of staff were there immediately. Put on a trolley and wheeled to delivery. People everywhere, all coming at me doing different things: 2 cannulas in, stripping me off, cleaning me up, gowning me up, taking blood to cross-match, surgical stockings on, steroid injection administered, hooked up to monitor, and staff, including doctor and anaethsetist talking to me. She was nearly delivered that night, but because the bleeding stopped, they have monitored me and brought forward the date in the hope of avoiding doing a section in an emergency.

All is well with us both. Still in hospital, but might go home later, or otherwise tomorrow. Still got cannulas in and baby hasn't yet been seen by the paediatriciGoing home with this pain bothers me though.

Welcome to new babies in the last few days or so.

Sizzles! So glad baby is here and ok! I’ll type a longer response later but wanted to say that after my section this time I couldn’t believe how much pain I was still in the day I was released. I thought it just couldn’t be right. Two days after being home though I had TREMENDOUS improvement. Now at 3 weeks postpartum I’m a little sore but not much at all. You’ll be surprised how quickly you get better.

Congratulations Sizzles, so sorry to hear about all your pain! Hoping that you recover soon and that your pain subsides quickly.

Ladies, do any of you have any experiences with having low amniotic fluid?
I had a complete physical at my husbands work, while they were doing an ultrasound of my gallbladder and other organs, they asked if it would be ok if they took a peek at my baby just out of curiosity and excitement. I said yes, and a little afterwards I was sugggested that I call my obgyn and let her know that they felt my amniotic fluid was really low. I already called and I&#8217;m to come in tomorrow instead of Friday. I&#8217;m nervous, but my sister did say that if they did feel my fluids were low that I would be induced??! So nervous..

BrendaJ - I was induced due to slightly low fluid last pregnancy. I was measuring small so they sent me for a scan and decided to induce because I was already overdue. I didn’t go home after the scan that day so be prepared just in case!

I&#8217;m here at the hospital now, I came in today after all because they felt I needed to be seen sooner. Turns out, my fluids are not necessarily low, but they have diminished significantly from 5 days ago. 5 days ago I was at 16 cm of amniotic fluid and today I&#8217;m at only 8. While it isn&#8217;t considered low, the fact that it&#8217;s half of what is was 5 days ago is concerning. I might have a slow leak, but one hung is for sure, I am most definitely contracting every 6-7 minutes. I wasn&#8217;t dilated yet, but we will see what they have to say as si continue to undergo some more testing.

Big congratulations Sizzles!!!! So happy for you. Scary with the bleed, thank goodness you were already in hospital or that would've been even more terrifying.

What is her name?

Will they give you strong medications when they discharge you? It really sucks how much recovery varies for everyone. Some people don't have much pain and others have huge amounts. I think it also depends on how rough they are with your incision and stretching the skin getting baby out etc.
I hope once you get home that you recover quickly <3

Brenda-- glad that your fluid isn't too low, but wow the amount they have decreased is obviously a bit concerning.
How exciting that you are having contractions though!!
Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"