November Fireworks 2017

Congrats sizzles, so glad all is well!!! I hope you start feeling less painful soon :hugs: my first c-section (an emergency) was ok, painful but I managed. My second (an elective) was pure and utter hell!!!! I was in complete misery for weeks!! It's one of the main reasons I'm so intent on a vbac this time!! It was so bad I actually said no more babies, and was on birth control when I got pregnant this time! Oops lol.. anyway I digress!!

Congratulations Sizzles, I’m sure the pain will improve soon but it’s definitely not fun!

Brenda, fingers crossed that it all turns out well and doesn’t leave you in the dark too long.

So my update is that we are moving tomorrow! Unfortunately the packer has packed my maternity notes 😡 so my midwife appointment today wasn’t hugely productive. She’s booked me in for an extra scan because she couldn’t tell if baby was following her centile or was getting too small or had just dropped significantly. Also I had a tiny amount of protein in my urine so am under strict instructions to keep an eye out for pre eclampsia symptoms.

I am going to phone the hospital and see if they have any chance of doing my sweep next Monday as I am meant to have them at 38 and 39 weeks and the dr can’t fit me in until 39 weeks.

Thanks just me in love. I was sent home because my cervix is still closed and they couldn’t find any evidence of actual amniotic fluid through their testing. They don’t really know why my fluid levels are only half of what they were before since leaking fluid is negative. Maybe I’m dehydrated and not drinking sufficient water.. not sure. I’m still having contractions, but they’re not close enough and since yesterday have not gotten stronger. I hope I at least make it to 37 weeks in order to be considered full term.

Just me- yay for moving day finally happening! Once that is done I sure you feel a huge weight off your shoulders. And good luck with the sweep next Monday! Eep!!

Brenda-- oh noooo that sucks that they sent you home with contractions :( is the pain bearable?

@Littlelala, they are uncomfortable, but have not increased in intensity. I went in to see my doctor today (she was out of the office when I went on Wednesday and she wanted to examine me herself so she called me in today), and rechecked my amniotic fluid, everything is looking good. I asked about my contractions and she stated that they were BH! When she checked my cervix she said I was 1cm dilated, I was told 0 on Wednesday but she said that more than likely they didn’t feel me since my cervix is deep.

Sorry for all the drama ladies, it’s been and will continue to be a rollercoaster ride these last few weeks. I will continue to get tested 2XWeek, once by her and the other will be testing: ie., stress test on baby, and other monitoring :(.

Baby Charlotte was born yesterday a.m. via planned c-section, weighing 6 lbs., 3 oz., 19 1/2" long.

She's absolutely perfect in every way, and we all love her so much.

Congratulations Sizzles and Wookie!

Lovely to hear of more babies being born :D

Is there a fb group or anything for people to share photos/keep in touch as they grow?

Congratulations Wookie!

Ladies I’ll get the front page updated ASAP! Little man has been keeping me busy!

Yay Wookie, how exciting!! Hope you are feeling okay.

Love hearing about all our arrivals :)

Yay Wookie!!! Huge Congratulations!!!!:flower:

I lost my mucus plug on Saturday morning, I know it doesn’t mean much, but a girl can hope!! :happydance:

Congratulations! Love hearing all the news.
My little lady is 12 days old and I'm completely in love..
although I wouldnt mind a bit more sleep haha!

Happy duedate to Pink too - another team yellow so can't wait to find out what you had!

I'm still waiting :coffee: :haha: ... can't believe it.. this is the most I've ever been pregnant !!!

@Pinkpassion, I feel your pain. I went 41 weeks with my son and had to be induced. I hope things go quickly for you from here on out.

Congratulations Wookie! You got the original name I wanted for our little girl, and our original c-section date (before all the drama!)

Can't believe my little girl is a week old already. Must've been pretty much exactly a week ago that she was having her first feed. :cloud9:

Sigh. Had a growth scan today and it was concluded that due to a drop on the abdominal circumference centile, it would be best to book in a csection for tomorrow.

Honestly I’m freaking out quite a lot. I’ll be 38+5. I hate the idea of being stuck in the hospital away from lovely husband and daughter for a few days. I’m generally a bit scared. I also think I am fighting to come to terms with the fact that my last ever chance to experience a vaginal birth has just gone bang. It’s more upsetting than I realised it would be - I will literally Never have that experience.

The mental health team (who are lovely) are going to come and find me beforehand tomorrow. Then I suppose it’s just a case of fighting off any panic attacks and getting through it and hoping and praying I can cope with the other side.

Mostly I’m currently just devastated that it puts so much more recovery time in play where aside from general trying to cope with a newborn, I’ll also be doing huge physical recovery - and I am so scared that it’s going to impact my ability to be a decent mother to our current little girl.

So yeah. Pretty devastated atm 😕

Aw Justme, that sucks :hugs:
I'm sorry. I would be sad too. I am really scared about the idea of having an emergency c section, let alone being told you have to have one.
I totally understand how upset you are about never experiencing a vaginal birth too. I know it's different, but with both last pregnancy and this pregnancy I have (and will be) induced, and I'm sad that I am never going to get to experience going into spontaneous labour.

I hope you recover quickly. At least your daughter is a little older and will hopefully be a bit more understanding.

I can't belive that it's only the first week of November and there will already be so many of our group's babies here!

I am really starting to panic about my induction on Friday. I am nervous, so so nervous. Way more nervous than I was last time around - I guess because I know what I'm in for this time. I am so scared of something going wrong with the delivery, afraid that baby will end up having a chromosomal abnormality, afraid of stillbirth (as I am high risk for it) and then afraid of adjusting at home going from 1 to 2. I really hope my son doesn't feel too put out and upset. Thankfully my husband will be home for two weeks and my son is obsessed with his daddy, so that will help A LOT.

I have been sleeping soooo terribly, and I hate it because I know that soon I will be living off lik 2 hours sleep and kicking myself haha.

Ah littlelala, have some big mutual hugs - lets just hope that we can cope with that happens next.

I type this whilst eating breakfast at 6am...urgh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->