November gender scans.....

I have private gender scan on the 17th Nov.

We originally had a scan at 20weeks and although the cord was in the way, the lady thought "there's more than cord there" but she wouldn't be sure and I didn't want to take that as good enough an opinion. Anyway, baby was in too much of an awkward position to get full heart and upper limb measurements so we went back yesterday and baby STILL didn't want to co-operate and show his bits! :dohh:

So we decided to go for a private one... It means so much for us to know so we can bond with baby by knowing who I'm carrying, as we have names picked. We did with DD too. :cloud9:

I have private gender scan on the 17th Nov.

We originally had a scan at 20weeks and although the cord was in the way, the lady thought "there's more than cord there" but she wouldn't be sure and I didn't want to take that as good enough an opinion. Anyway, baby was in too much of an awkward position to get full heart and upper limb measurements so we went back yesterday and baby STILL didn't want to co-operate and show his bits! :dohh:

So we decided to go for a private one... It means so much for us to know so we can bond with baby by knowing who I'm carrying, as we have names picked. We did with DD too. :cloud9:

How do the gender scans we are having differ from the scans we have at the hospital?

If baby wont show is his/her bits at the hospital scans, how can the gender scan pick it up?

It's just matter of baby (hopefully) being in a different position, I think. I've heard of a few people who have gone there on the day and if the baby isn't co-operating, they've gone for a little stroll, or sat down and read or had a drink/a bite to eat and then try again when there's a slot free. I had one friend that went for a private gender scan and because baby wasn't "flashing" she had an offer to go back another day free of charge because they couldn't find out.

Try having someone oj an hour before you go that always gets them moving lots dd#1 was like that

I will try that, thanks! :flow:

I've tried cola, chocolate, cold water... Full bladdder, then they asked me to empty it but DD was the same she only gave the game away at her 22w scan aswell! :dohh:

You get a 22wk scan? Here we don't have anything after 20weeks

we don't either, unless they can't get everything they needed at the 20 week scan

Pls add me to the list. I get my scan done tomorrow, Nov 8th :)

Totally agree with Chez a gender scan is paid for privately so generally if you can't find out on the day they'll get you to move about or go back another day as your paying to find out the gender. However hospital scans are to check everything's ok with baby, if you can find out the sex they will but if its being uncooperative then you can't and they don't usually reschedule you for another one x

You get a 22wk scan? Here we don't have anything after 20weeks

It's only if they don't get all the measurements they need at the 20w one. With DD we needed to go back for her spine and kidney measurements, and with this LO is was heart and upper limbs. :flow:

Cherry- I'm so sorry about your kitty. I lost mine last September, and I still miss him all the time.

Welcome

I get to see my lil man again tomorrow is my ”gender” scan my office did things the wrong way had my growth scan before my gender scan lmao guess im lucky my doctors will do 2 more scan at 29 weeks and a 2nd growth scan at 36 weeks to make sure baby is growing good

Thanks ladies. :)

Im down to 14 days now i think 2 weeks today x

Just got back from my 20 week scan - everything looks great and .......it's a booooooyyy!! We are thrilled! Growth scan Dec 21st! :happydance::happydance::happydance::

Congrats nyllioness!!

A lot of boys still :)

Mine is in 2wks. Just new re-diagnosed with diabetes again. Had it in first pregnancy. This is going to be my last!

cherrybump I'm right behind you! mine is just over 2 weeks, I keep looking at the calendar to see the gap in days getting shorter, it's going quite quickly which is good. I can not wait to find out what we are having, knowing my luck, baby will have legs crossed lol.. Do you have any intuition about what you are having yet? was anyone's intuition right? I am feeling like I'm having a boy x

uk girl your not far behind me. but luckily i get my gender scan in 6 days :)

i'm getting really excited for the scan! i just wish it was closer lol. not even a week left i can make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->