November Nuggets ~ 2016

My daughter is walking all the time now. I am planning to get a travel system with a buggy board though. She has selective hearing syndrome and doesn't always listen to me which is frustrating. She also insists in jumping in every damn puddle there is-Thank you Miss Peppa Pig!!

Scarlett I've bought some jumpsuits and wraps. There's some amazing boutiques on instagram and etsy with lovely handmade stuff. Trying to be good and hold off until we know genders but it's hard, I don't think time has ever gone so slow!

My boys love muddy puddles too dark

When are you going to find out the gender pippy?

Scarlet, I think it was ironmansmummy who said she was moving. I wish we were lol in a 2 bed house so when stepson is here that'll be 4 kids!!!!

Christina, that's a lovely reaction from ur mum. My mum was happy and I think my dad will just be worried about me (after losing my first, then 2nd being delivered early, 3rd included a 2 weeks stay in hospital) so my pregnancies r stressful for everyone. They'd never give a negative comment tho. I don't think my sister will b too pleased that she didn't know coz she was always first to know. It this time she isn't. Our relationship has been a bit strained plus she's never overly liked oh so it wasn't my natural reaction to tell her first. Hopefully she'll b happy tho. No idea what ohs family will say. They'll be supportive and certainly won't say anything bad but one of his sisters after mc said maybe it was for the best coz our relationship wasn't on the best place etc (we'd had a wobbly time trying to get him to move in) but been together 2 years (2.5 when baby is due) both grown up etc so not stupid!! I already think ours will be left in the shadows compared to his sisters but I'm prepared for that :-(

Will tell family after dating scan (2 weeks tomorrow), my dad is visiting the week after that so will tell him then then I think do a 'public' announcement after gender scan which will only be 2 weeks after telling my dad. In fact u lot might be able to help with that lol we have a little rhyme but can't make it sound right. Oh surname is cooper so baby is Mini Cooper. Our rhyme is something like 'Mini Cooper pink or blue, we can't wait to finally meet u' altho don't like that and will announce once we know whether it's pink or blue. Any suggestions?

And for buying, I won't buy anything at all until we know gender which is less than 6 weeks away and nothing big for a long time yet. I'm not superstitious as such because buying things does not have an impact on what happens to baby but when I lost Kasper is built the crib and sorted the Moses basket the night before we found out and it was hard to pack stuff away. That said we won't be leaving it till the last minute either. Will just see how it all goes xx

Taking the kids to Matlock for the day today!! It's a lovely day, I can't wait!! Oh keeps laughing st how much I'm sleeping. I've slept in till at least 10pm every day he's been off so far lol xx

Sorry for the long post!!!!

Hi becki and congratulations. How. U getting on? Xx

Thanks Ladies :)

Im okay thanks, had a bad few weeks with nausea and sickness but it seems to be subsiding a little bit, and aslong as I eat something little every 2-3 hours im keeping things down.

I had a dating scan at the weekend, so got to see & hear baby's heartbeat so that's given me a little reassurance.

Glad to see everyone is getting on ok :)

Aww that's fab uve been able to see and hear baby xxx

Welcome Becki!

Jox love the mini cooper rhyme :haha: Totally understandable why you want to wait a while to buy things, especially the bigger stuff :hugs:

Yeah we made a video. It started with my husband and I graduating college, moving, buying a house, adopting our dog, wedding, our dd and did all monthly pictures of our dd and then did the us pictures with the last one saying "only child expiring mov 2016".

They loved it

We also told my sister which i can't quite figure out how it went. I wanted to tell her before she saw something on FB. They've been trying for #2 and had a mc back in January so while she was happy she was also a bit sad.

I think we will wait another week or so to put everything on FB.

Today I'm going to work from home. I'm debating bringing my dd to daycare or keeping her with me. I feel like absolute crap. Not even from pregnancy. My chest hurts, I'm coughing, my throat is scratchy and I can't breathe out of my nose very well. I sent a message to my supervisor saying I felt like death As he asked if a new employee could shadow me this morning.

Welcome Becki!

Christina that video sounds amazing!! Hopefully you will start to feel better soon nothing worse than being ill on top of being pregnant.

Omg jox Mini Cooper is like the cutest nickname ever. We are Bells so our babys are always Baby Bells like the cheese:haha: its what my old user nme on here used to be before I forgot my password and got into a tiss trying to reset found it easier making a new account:blush:

I feel like we hve told so many people all ready theres barely anyone left to tell. I keep having to tell people at work because being sick on a ward is usually go straight home dont come back for 72 hr type deal so i have to tell who im working with. Plus so have to avoid violent patients and certain illnesse so i tell the collegues i need to take those patients so they know im not just being lazy:dohh:

Christina that video sounds so lovely :)

Welcome Becki!

We don't have a nickname, although DD calls it 'seed' I told her I had tummy ache the other day (bowel related) and she said 'Is the seed ok?' She was explaining to OH that when the seed comes she's going to teach it everything haha!

DD was always 'baba' and we still call her it now.

Well I have had the laziest day ever! I woke up about 6am starving, so had a slice of banana bread and went back up to bed about 7.30am, my friend rang and woke me up at 1.30pm!!!!!! I couldn't believe the time I'd slept, and I slept all night as well!

I could cry right now...vomited and tinkled on myself at work. How embarrassing

Aw hunni :hugs: isn't pregnancy great! I'm guessing you don't have any spare clothes?

If it helps hunni when I went for my private scan I vomited in the car and emptied my bladder in the process. I was horrified

I might even see if oh like mini aka Minnie for a girls name!!!!! How cute would that be!!!

I pee a little every time I sneeze unless I literally cross my legs and yes Ive done it at work too :dohh: I wear a panty liner for work now!!!

Lovely day at Matlock, chippy dinner and donuts xx

Ironmansmummy, I love baby bells too, what cute nicknames!!!

Ds1 was beanie and ds2 was Jb for jelly bean after my 8 weeks scan xx

Hmm donuts! Will have to put them on the shopping list for tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->