November Nuggets ~ 2016

You can get up to 6 months partially paid where I work but they didn't approve my leave so I got nothing and they didn't have to tell me why it totally sucks

I get 6w maternity leave from my employer but it is unpaid which sucks!

I had to move my anatomy scan/ gender scan today. It's two days later so at least it isn't far off. It's now 6/10. I went to write it down in my calendar and saw I have court that day and it's set for 4hrs!! i have been told that I have to testify so I have to be there. Good god. I'm testifying for the first time next week and I am hoping I don't throw up lol. I was told by the attorneys it gets easier. ahahahaha yeah right. I don't like talking in front of a group of people. None of this is going to be easy...

Almost and Christina I can't believe there's nothing in place from the government there! Here if you're entitled to maternity leave with your employer you still get the government paid leave as well...you can make it go for about 6 months! I can't imagine how hard it must be on families.

My obs appt went well but was super quick. The scan was super quick too. He really only made sure there were 2 healthy heartbeats and did measurements...but I got a great side view of baby A. The nub/winky was clear as day and pointing straight up at 90 degrees...if he's not a boy I'll be very surprised! Measurements are on target with the last scan. I also didn't get given a good picture...he got me to go out and book my morphology scan straight after and then when I came back to pay he had his next patient in and the scan pic left out for me was of 2 blurry blobs from who knows what angle :sad1:

We can have 39 weeks paid from the government but its not a lot. Or you can have 9 months paid (the amount depends on various things) from your employer but you are entitled to take 12 months, with the last three being unpaid. I can't believe how crappy some countries are with maternity leave!

Elmo your anatomy scan is the day before mine!! How exciting!!

Yeah i was about to say that smiley. 39 weeks paid then 13 unpaid. U don't have to take it all tho. There is a minimum each company needs to pay but some offer their own maternity packages which can pay a lot more. When i worked full time the statutory maternity pay is barely half ur weekly earnings but now I'm only part time I should come away with about 90% of my normal weekly pay for 39 weeks!!

Pippy sounds a bit rubbish considering u paid for ur scan!!

4 sleeps to go!!!!

Carly, I'll be 20+5 too lol x

I don't work enough hours/earn enough money to get statutory pay but will get maternity allowance. I will get 90% of my normal wage *I think*

Yay for ticker Pippy but boo for scans, that's so rubbish.

And wow, so rubbish for you ladies who don't get maternity pay! Is childcare cheaper in the US (I mean do you have to go back to work sooner and put baby into childcare) or do most ladies not go back to work after having a baby?

My scan is June 6th, I'll be 19+1!

I just about earn enough to get mat pay smiley altho it has crossed my mind that work may try and lower my hrs so I drop below the earnings I need to get to get it iykwim? X

Yay for ticker pippy!!!

Hi Ladies I hope you dont mind if I have a rant?

I woke up about 3:30 to go to the bathroom and found a ton of abusive messages directed at me and my closest friend from someone I have been friends with for 8 years.

Basically T is like a dad to Lucy, we arent interested in a relationship but he is an amazing person who has been there for a very long time. Anyway a year after meeting him I meet A. A has 4 children and at that point a partner... All she has done in the last 8 years is bounce from partner to partner, even cheating on her ex fiance. When there relationship ended we supported her as moved into a caravan and my friend T helped her fix it up. She let her children be neglected for two years until the point that social almost took them. Again we supported her. The drama continues until just before Christmas when she met this guy. He was one of tims oldest friends and all of sudden Tim is predator trying to have sex with her, all of her friends have never been there and the only person she can rely on is her new boyfriend. Speaks massive volumes to me.

I am fed up basically. When I was pregnant with Lucy I got married to Lucys dad. A refused to come and we fell out. Making it out that my ex husband was going to murder me and she would be left with my daughter.????

The last time I saw her I was 3 and half weeks pregnant. She claims her car broke down and that she cant see me. I pointed out I could get the bus. She fluffed me off. I know she is busy I get it but friendship goes both ways.

I will go back to work after 6 weeks and have both kids in daycare which will cost $1,200 a month.

Our family health insurance plan will also be $900 a month

Yay for ticker Pippy but boo for scans, that's so rubbish.

And wow, so rubbish for you ladies who don't get maternity pay! Is childcare cheaper in the US (I mean do you have to go back to work sooner and put baby into childcare) or do most ladies not go back to work after having a baby?

My scan is June 6th, I'll be 19+1!

Wow, that's over a grand before you've started on bills, food rent/mortgage...

Do you work full time Christina? That's so hard having to go back at 6 weeks!

Over here, I've worked out I pay about $460 a month for DD to do two days in nursery, I don't know how that compares. And obviously we've got (for now) our NHS.

Wow Dark she sounds like a toxic friend! What was she having a go at you about then?! :hugs:

Yes, I work full time. I'm on salary. I've thought about seeing if I can go part time because I would end up being on hourly pay then but I don't think it would be worth it. I work anywhere between 80 and 140 hours in two weeks depending on how my cases are going. Some weeks seem like they are all blowing up.

I don't know about a FB group....

Wow, that sounds mental Christina - you're a superwoman! x

I'm lucky I can make my own schedule. So I can start early and end early, start late and end late. I think most of my work time is paperwork and driving to and from places. I've or 12,200 miles on my car since September!

Today I'm relaxing this morning. Dd fell back to sleep so I am watching tv and will get done. My day starts at 12 and will end at 4:45. But I also worked from 9-8pm yesterday.

Don't know if I ever said what I do. I'm a social worker.

Childcare is so sexpensive, luckily I get tax credits to help towards mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->