November Nuggets ~ 2016

Wow, so many scans next week lol really could do with them being in the front page coz I'm never going to remember them!!

Lots of love for ur scan dark, what will they be looking for?

My scan isn't till 5.40 on Monday. OH is at work till 5 so will take the boys to meet him from work and get them their dinner while we r there. Smiley,mi cried when they told me Logan was a boy :) I can't remember with Leo lol altho it came up on my time hop, it was 6 years ago yesterday I found out he was a boy. There's only 8 days difference between Leo's pregnancy and this baby's.

Can u explain what ur kicks feel like smiley. I really do think I'm feeling baby but it's soo internal!! I swear my placenta is anterior!! X

I had anterior placenta with jack and didn't feel a single thingle till close to 20 weeks! I am feeling actual movements like what they feel like a lot later on but much softer than that and more localised down low in my belly! Hard to describe really! Just like a small wave of movement!Also feeling small but very noticable thuds (which are actually only about 1-2 inches down from my belly button but slightly to the side!).

I agree so many scans its hard to keep up with when they all are. If they were all in one place it would be much easier to keep track :lol:

I live in Birkdale which is just outside Southport, I need to get a 30 minutes train to Litherland which is between Southport and Liverpool, which is not that bad, Riley loves the train, then the clinic is just over the road from the station so I can't get lost :haha:

That's cute that you cried at the scan, when I was told Riley was a boy, I was kind of stunned, all my family are girls... what was I going to do with a boy :rofl: now I know I'm prepared for either !

Also with movement I thought I was feeling something a few days ago but now nothing so I don't know... :shrug:

Aww cute Riley will get to see his brother or sister!

I was like that jemma I wouldn't feel anything for days but now for the last three days I've been feeling it several times a day! I think it just varies for everyone! This is defo the earliest I've ever felt movements!

They will do an intensive scan where they will scan all the body parts for fluid. The main condition is called fetal Hydrops. Which kills 50% of the babies that contracts it. Its why I am so upset with how I have been treated.

A girl from our February 2013 baby group on bnb had the same thing Dark...her baby was actually very poorly (not to scare you at all as I'm sure you will be fine!) and so I just can't believe they have let this go on so long without investigating when it can be very harmful!!

I keep googling and googling. I cant shake the feeling but think I am just scaring myself. I guess I wont know until Monday. Did her baby make it.

Yeah I'm quite excited to be sharing the experience with Riley, he loves seeing the baby on the TV at the doctors as he says it :haha:

I'm more excited about the reveal to Neil, hopefully he'll be excited about it :D

Aww cute Jemma, we r taking the boys with us too. I'm so excited for them!!

Oh dark, 2 of my friends babies has fetal hydrops too. I really hope on Monday they r able to give u lots of reasurrance that baby is fine xx

Smiley, I'm feeling little thuds. Maybe 5ish or more a day. Very individual little thuds but it's on my insides. Like they r kicking my insides. Like u say, it's hard to explain!!!

Defo thuds here, especially when I've eaten something sweet!

Yay for holiday Jox and good luck at bingo Smiley.

Dark big :hugs: roll on Monday for you and some good news. And good for you
Walking away from that girl. Sounds like a very toxic friend to me!

Wow Christina must be so hard breast feeding when hog have to go back to work so early. Did you pump last time?

Jemma I've my 16 week check on Tues too. Can't wait to get to 16 wks, something about the even numbers - they always feel like mini milestones!

Sorry if knew missed anything!

I'm barely feeling anything at all which is scary, I know I shouldn't worry as its down to the anterior placenta.

Dark I have so much sympathy for you and the way they have treated you, Monday can't come soon enough for hopefully reassurance for you xx

Christina wow going back after 6 weeks must be really hard I feel for you. Being a social worker must be a very challenging job in itself.

Smiley yay bet our anatomy scans will soon come around!

Jox that would be sneaky if they lowered your hours! Don't stand for that if you can help it!

Jox a holiday!! That's great! So jealous, would be so tempted to book one for next summer but need to wait till we have paid off all this baby stuff and sorted some jobs around the house then I'll plan a holibobs :)

Snow if you are around would so appreciate my due date being changed and all scan dates adding to front page xx

Good point scarlet - Christina must be so so hard exclusively breastfeeding if you are back at work after 6 weeks :(

Well dark just went on fb after my last post on here, and it seems a little boy in Jacksons class has slapped cheek now I'm scared xx

I did not work during pregnancy with my DD and did not start back to work until she was 4 months. So with her it was easier. I started having difficulty from 4-6 months because she would breastfeed fine but I could get nothing when I pumped. After 6 months I found it to be too stressful and gave up. Plus she ended up with 2 bottom teeth at 5mo and the 2 top teeth at 5 1/2 mo and started biting.... ummm OUCH!

Being a social worker is for sure challenging. Working with people in general is challenging. There are cases that go well and cases that don't. Right now I have cases going to TPR (termination of parental rights) where the children will then be placed up for adoption. But I also have cases where the parents have turned their lives around and their children have been returned to their care. I've yelled, screamed, laughed with clients, cried.... and heck I've done it all in one day. There are days where I sit in my car and wonder if I'm cut out for this work. But I wouldn't change it for the world.

Wow ladies, a lot of posts to read since I was last on!

Christina sounds like you have a very stressful but rewarding job. I wish the system was geared better to allow you more time off, 6 weeks sounds like so little time.

Dark that's definitely cause to cut ties. I'm glad you've taken that step...the last thing you need is a toxic friendship!

Jox your holiday sounds amazing! We go overseas once or twice a year. Bali is only 2.5hr flight away and sooo cheap for flights and accom, so that's normally our 2nd trip. Our main holiday is further away to the snow. I'm a sun worshipper too so while I love snow I also need warm weather, beaches you can swim in and sun. Where I live we've got warm weather, sun and beaches you can't swim in because there's crocodiles!

I've got no movement. I've thought a few times I did but now I'm sure it was gas. I've got no experience so have no idea what to expect.

So much going on on here! So much drama at my house ds got sent home from school with diahreah I'm actually in his class I don't agree with the teachers but left so there would not be tension. It was so not diahreah w.e...then I get home and my cat projectile vomited on our fairly new leather couch she throws up here and there on the floor but no projectile all over then on the floor yuck then ds had a candy bracelet and I told him do not eat the string go to check a text mom guilt he ate the string! The dr I called wasn't concerned at all said he should be fine. I also had mommy brain meant to put my timer on my stove and started the oven with all my oven safe dishes stored inside realized after 15 mins! Tough day with good things inbetween but glad it's almost come to an end. Staying home from work since ds isn't allowed back at school tomorrow total rubbish he's been fine all day and that was his only poop he is clearly not sick ugh.

I thought I felt movement but always turned out to be gas accept early on but that was a week or two ago which would be early so who knows I can't wait for movements for reassurance I've been naturally worried since I haven't had. ultrasound or doppler lately still weeks away until doppler..

Morning!

Christina that does sound like a stressful but rewarding job!

I don't want to go to work today!! It's going to be lovely and I want to stay at home with DD and DH. Can't wait to mat leave and Fri and Sat together!

Happy Friday everyone!

Hugs Elmo hopefully your little boy doesn't catch it xx happy 16 weeks!!

Pippy lucky you going to Bali!

Argh Almost what a day!! Hope tomorrow is better for you!

Christina, ur job is so demanding but what a rewarding job. Well done u xx

I'm back at work tonight and tomorrow night, tonight is only a 6 he shift so not gonna complain. Also means I'm getting closer to scan, 3 days!!!

Oh dear almost, I'm sure ur right that ds is fine!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->