November Nuggets ~ 2016

Dark I don't really understand the situation and what's gone on? What has she done? Sent these messages to you? Or to someone else?

My husband only earns about £20000 a year and I only work two days a week earning no more than £5000 a year so we get up to 70% of our childcare costs paid for by the government. Very handy really. But considering that jack does one day a week and Oscar does two breakfasts and one after school a week it still costs nearly £250 a month! I'm very thankful for tax credits!

Dark I don't really understand the situation and what's gone on? What has she done? Sent these messages to you? Or to someone else?
Sorry I dont even think I understand the situation basically. I woke up this morning to a ton of abusive messages from her. Accusing me of never being there for her, saying that I am covering up for my best friend and that I have pushed her out.

I havent. She claims that my best friend tried to sleep with her and manipulate her but I know Tim and he wouldnt do it. She came to house and told me this about 8 months ago at the same time she got a new partner who he has one by one made her stop talking to all of her friends. It seems I have been the next one.

She then went on about my pregnancy and how I have kicked her out of the pregnancy which again I havent.

I am just tired of the whole friendship. I am so worn out with her.

Dark I think you need to cut her out completely. Life is too short and precious for toxic people.

I finally have. I blew gasket this morning because she hasnt been there for me at all. I dont feel sad I just feel relieved. 8 years of stress has been lifted from my shoulders.

I know smiley, 4 days, I can't believe it!!! I can't believe I'm gonna know if I'm having another son or a daughter in 4 days!!! I can't imagine them telling me boy!!! It's weird. I won't be sad if they do because I get to use the name I just adore but a girl would be amazing too x

Christina, that's mental, we r so lucky here in the uk!! I'm not gonna be any worse off at all this time round on maternity. I don't use any child care as only work Tuesday when both boys r in school all day then Friday and Saturday nights when OH is usually off and if he isn't I have a babysitter or 2 I can use.

So today..... I've booked a holiday!!!! I've been soo desperate for a holiday. A proper one, with an aeroplane, a pool, beach etc mentioned to OH last week in the mist of things how much it was getting me down and he said we could book one so its been booked!! We go a year yesterday so 364 days lol I'm a little nervous booking a holiday to include baby when it's not even here yet but I need to think positively that everything will be fine and s/he'll be coming with us!!! I haven't been on a plane in over 7 years. We were VERY lucky that my grandad took us all on a cruise 2 years ago but that's still a long time for a sun worshiper like me lol esp when my sister is away every year plus friends etc

Oooh a vacation! I need one of those. Haha!!

Yeah right now my main stress is the $ issue. I know we can make it work but it will be tight.
When baby comes we will have
$1200 in daycare per month
$900 in health insurance
$850 is our mortgage
Then we have all of our other bills for the house. Plus student loans and I pay $550 per month in student loans and that is not including my husbands loans!

Then diapers. Wipes. I'm hoping to not have to buy formula but I was only able to bf dd for 6mo. So I'll add in formula just in case.

We will transition dd who will be 18mo to a toddler bed when baby comes so we need her bedroom set. We have to get rid of the furniture in the guest room and then get a fouton or sleeper couch for downstairs because we always have someone staying here it seems.

My mind is just spinning. It's like. Hello check. Goodbye check. =[

Hey ladies :hi:

wow lots to read!

dark, sorry to hear about your friend hun :hugs: although at least you don't need to worry about a bad friend anymore

Jox, I am soooo jealous!! where are you going ??

Can't believe all the gender scans happening over the next week :dance: I'm so excited and nervous to find out

Blimey Christina!!

Dark, just stay away from here while she's being so awful X

Gran canaria Jemma!! I saw it online so went in the travel agents today too luck and just booked it!! Sod it, we really can't afford it as desperately need to save for a deposit towards a house but I NEED a holiday, like my wellbeing depends on it iykwim? Dramatic I know but I do lol OH and his family have done a weeks holiday in skegness for the last 20 odd years, yes it's fun and yes the kids absolutely love it but it's not enough for me!!!

All being well mines next saturday. Depends on the outcome of the scan on Monday.

If you feel you need it and sounds like you need a treat then why not :thumbup: lush that you picked gran canaria, I've never been but it looks wonderful!! I know it's a year away but I hope you have a lovely time :dance:

I last went away in October (hen do) but before that it was about five years ago!! Oh tell a lie, we went to Paris in February but that doesn't count! I need a holiday too! Gran canaria sounds fabulous Jox how exciting! Something to look forward to!

Baby is kicking me :) so nice. I'm off to bingo tonight, hope I win. I've got awful sciatica at the moment, its crippling me.

What time is your scan on monday Dark?

Smilely defo feeling movements with baby. Its so cute, baby especially love sugar. haha. Scan is at 4pm. My friend is going to take me and look after Lucy. I am praying for a positive outcome.

Blimey Christina that's a lot of outgoings! Suppose it is all relative to your earnings though!

Jox I cried my eyes out when she told me its a boy! Not out of sadness because I'm thrilled to have another boy! Just overwhelming when you are finally told!

Also, I've just been to add a and the big boxes of Pampers wipes new baby ones) and 12 to a pack were reduced down to £4! So I got 24 packs of pampers for £8

:hi: smiley

I got my 16w mw appt tuesdsy at 10:15 and then straight on the train from there for my scan at 12:15 (so long as baby is heard on the doppler) :dance:

Exciting! Where is your scan? You live close to Southport right??

I have my 16 week midwife appt tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->