November Nuggets ~ 2016

Legs pain gone today. Woohoo.
Just weighed myself and am down another two lbs. So now weigh 12 stone 3.

What's the ramzi theory?

Elmo, I just work at weatherspoons. It's a stupid long shift today because one of the managers r getting married so most the staff r off!! Usually it'd be a 6pm start instead of 3.

I have an appt with a solicitor on Tuesday, I *might* get legal aid because of the situation which would help a lot but my mum is gonna help out otherwise.

Need to nip out and pick my prescription up plus it's bf daughters bday tomorrow so I need to go out and buy her present, I always leave things till the last minute!!

Yay for scan, feels amazing when u get to see ur little bubba doesn't it xx

So this ramzi thing, I'm confused! It can't be done after 8 weeks? But my scan at 7+2 they couldn't even see my placenta yet just the yoke?

Ramzi theory is where if you can see in your scan which side of your uterus the placenta has implanted on, it will strongly indicate whether it's a boy or girl. Apparently it needs to be from a very early scan, sometime between 6-8 weeks. I don't think the placenta is visible with everyones scan so it wouldn't work for everyone (if it works). I can clearly see both placentas on my 7+3 scan, my sisters you couldn't see at all (but turned out hers was anterior - in front of her uterus). There's even a website where you can submit your scan and they will tell you, they then ask you to report back after the birth to confirm whether they were right or not. There's also some confusion over how to tell what side your placenta is on because some scans are mirrored and some aren't. So if your positive of which side is which on your scan, then basically if your placenta is on the right, it's a boy...if it's on the left, it's a girl. My scan was trans abdominal and if I hold it in front me facing out (like I'm holding a pair of pants in front of me to see how they look), then that's how it looks from inside. If I'd had the vaginal scan it would be the opposite. I've only heard about it in the last few days so was curious to know if anyone here had tried it in previous pregnancies...sorry for the novel!

Very interesting, what the sonographer did say was that although the placenta wasn't visible yet, that if she had to put her money on it she would say it is possibly started to develop anterior. What if it's anterior then is it inconclusive? Xx

I did a bit of digging this morning on the ramzi thing and if you look at early scans you need to look for a white patch and depending on the side it's on is the apparent gender of your bubba, it's meant to be like 93% accurate :shrug:

I THINK I got my placenta thing right and if I place my scan pic on my stomach facing outwards like pippy said then it's on the left and we would be predicted a girl :happydance: knowing my luck I'll be the 7% that's wrong and have another frigging boy :haha:

Attachments

• 2016-04-02 11.50.27.jpg
    2016-04-02 11.50.27.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
Jemma it depends on whether its and abdominal or vaginal scan because if its vaginal its the opposite way....I think! Haha! Very co fusing!

Just read on the gender experts website that scans don't necessarily have to be flipped it just depends on the orientation of the image? Whatever that means lol. The confusion deepens ha

Agh I don't know... dug out Riley's old scan pic and I've confused myself again :cry:

Hmmm never heard of the Ramzi theory pretty cool how accurate it is supposed to be!

AFM finally gained courage to weigh myself I've gained 3 lbs and almost 9 weeks hopefully will only going one more for this trip anyone else packing on the lbs yet?

I was told to lose weight because of my heart problems x

Almost I braved it too and got on the scales this morning, about 7lb ish for me but i have been eating like a horse :haha: x

Haha glad I'm not alone! Hoping to only gain a couple more this tri it is bound to happen since there's still 3 or 4 weeks to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->