November Nuggets ~ 2016

Jemma and Jox hugs for the frustration with step children.

My son has autism and his iPad is actually amazing for him. He actually learned lots of communication skills from it at a time when he was largely non verbal :) it keeps him calm at times when things get too much for him if we are out and about and is an escape when he wants to be left alone. Not all bad :)

Pippy two boys! Has anyone told their partners their results? I have but he rolled his eyes and thought it was rubbish :lol:

Morning all :)
Nine weeks today. :happydance: I am now passed the point of my last miscarriage so hopefully can relax a little more.

smiley it's good it helps your son :) , I'm not totally against technology, my Riley has a Samsung tab which I've loaded with educational games and his favourite cbeebies app and in moderation it has been wonderful to his learning. What I don't like about CJ (stepson) is he has absolutely no social skills, he has no friends, he doesn't know how to talk to people, I just find him very obnoxious and rude.

I would have assumed it was just towards me as I'm new and replaced his mum in his dad's eyes but he does it to everyone, cousins, grandparents, even my 4 yr old. Recently he upset me because on new years my OHs mum drags everyone down to the pier for a family photo, it's a 'tradition', so I jokingly said something like "yey I've officially been accepted into the family since mum (I mean MIL) wants me in the photo" to which he replied absolutely deadpan "just because your in the photo, doesn't mean you're in the family" I was like wtf ?! nasty little brat... sorry, ranting, this stuff builds up as I don't tell oh :(

Oh jemma that's absolutely horrible. What an awful attitude he has!! I would be very mad! Tell your oh so he can give him a good telling off!

My 3yr old loves the cbeebies app! And YouTube videos of people opening surprise eggs :dohh:

I give up with it smiley, there are so many issues I've raised, attitude, hygiene, the phone and nothing seems to get done, I don't want to look like an interfering witch but I believe every child deserves basic care and I don't feel he gets it at his mums. I've told OH there will be absolutely none of this with our LO!

That surprise eggs thing sounds familiar, Riley watches someone opening eggs that has trains in them... not sure if it's the same but he loves it :hugs:

I told mine about ramzi, he fist pumped the air when I said 2 boys haha. He's viewing the pregnancy as superstious so I am not surprised he didn't care about the ramzi thing. We were in the US during Super Bowl this year, during the game they played this 'super bowl baby' ad where they had all these kids of different ages who were conceived after the game. Well we dtd after the game and twin B's date of conception on the scan is super bowl day. He's also had twins wished on him for years by his mates because he was not keen on having kids for a long time. I laughed so hard when I first told him it was twins, I had tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard :haha:

Darkriver...isn't it a great feeling passing that date? Another milestone to check off just like each week (2 milestones for you today!).

Smiley, C (stepson) will literally have his ipad from the minute he wakes up till the minute he falls asleep and that's no exaggeration!! OH thinks him on his xbox and stepson on his ipad/computer is spending time together!!! It's school holidays so stepson is coming Friday for 10 days, I've said no way r we staying in all week playing on technology!!! Told him if he doesn't makes some plans I'll be going out in my own!!!

Jemma, I don't dislike stepson but u dread him coming coz I end up in a foul mood. It's oh who's the problem tho!!!

3 weeks tomorrow till my scan, seems to be coming round quicker now!!! 9+4, might try with the doppler again tonight. I think baby was off to my right side when they scanned me so will give it a try!! Xx

Even with ramzi theory, I still can't imagine having a girl!!!! Xx

Oh and yes I told oh about ramzi theory and he just rolled his eyes lol xx

I refused to have CJ here over Easter holidays, OH works so I'd be left with him all day, I'm exhausted, sick and irritated most days so it's best he isn't here. Same Jox, OH on ps4 and CJ upstairs is them spending the weekend together.

With this ramzi thing, I told OH about being predicted a girl and has been quite horrid about it :shrug: I said if we have a girl are you even going to love her and he was like no... he may have been joking but he seems really against having a girl

Oh but on a positive, I actually weighted this morning and I'm exactly the same as I was post pregnancy :haha: :happydance:

Jemma I don't know what it is about men and having sons...my OH says girls are gross...yes he actually did say that, he's a 34 yr old man child. He also really hopes we're having at least 1 boy/1 girl or 2 boys. But I know he would love a set of girls too, even though he doesnt think it now. He is awesome with our nieces and friends daughters. There's just some weird masculine pride thing with sons. My BIL adores his 2 daughters but was upset when he found out #2 was going to be another girl. Now he's gutted because my sister has said no more, he was hoping their 3rd go would be a boy. My OH can't wait to rub having 2 boys in his face (if it's 2 boys). It's all in good fun. They think they can't work women out but men really are strange creatures, I don't think they can work themselves out.

Jox don't blame you wanting to go out! 9+4 was when I got a really loud and clear HB on the Doppler! I tried again this morning (first time since 9+4) and couldn't find it this time.

Jemma that awful that your oh said that! Hope he was joking!

My DH wants a girl this time I think!

I know that if we did have a girl he would love her when she got here but I think the idea of a girl scares him, he wouldn't have a clue what to do with her :haha: My luck will indicate my ramzi is wrong and I'll have a boy anyway, it's just me :rofl:

I need to get a doppler soon, just waiting until after Wednesday :)

Hello jesslekay, congratulations and welcome xx

Welcome jesslekay x

Jemma yep I will end up with my ramzi being wrong and having a third boy lol

Welcome jesslekay!

My OH is scared of the idea of a girl too and he has said pretty much exactly what you just said...he wouldn't know what to do with her, and lol he can't stand the thought of having a teenage girl (as he pulls a disgusted face). I told him you're not supposed to think about that or that far ahead! Though I have to admit that teenage girls scare me a little too haha

Have to say the thought of my daughter as a teenager is a scary thought. She is a strong willed little lady now give it ten years and I could be ripping my hair out. However, she is lovely, cute and everyone loves her.

I would love a wee girl. But honestly velieve my oh can only make boys:haha: tbh he wouldnt mind with a girl but i think he would be wrapped around her little finger from the days shes born:haha

Dh is the same thinks girls are cute but probably not idea how to Handel fathering one I was a bit scared too but started warming up to the idea we will see I'll be nicely surprised either way I'll be shocked if I a girl and I'll laugh if it's another boy bc it's what I would expect. Getting closer to my intake appt really wanting to mark my calendar for my next us! Eeeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->