November Nuggets ~ 2016

Welcome jesslekay! X

Jemma how awful I hope he was joking you poor thing. It's difficult with step children as well, I haven't had it myself but my best mate really really struggles with her step daughter, they have zero bond and it's an awful situation for both of them as the daughter lives with her, the biological mum has never been in the picture and on top of that dad works away so it's a difficult situation.

I had my hospital booking in appointment today and the earliest they could book my dating scan was 16 bloody weeks!!!! So I have had to be really naughty and say that I want the downs testing so that I get scan when I am over 13 weeks, but I'm going to say we changed our minds on the day. I know it might seem a bit wrong but no way am I happy to wait until 16 weeks to see that everything is ok with baby xx

16 weeks what a joke!! Don't blame you for telling a fib! Out of interest how come you are going to decline the testing?

Elmo thats disgusting. I have a booklet that says the scan has to be done between 10weeks and 13 weeks.

Smiley- I am declining the testing as it wont change things for me. My ex husband who is an idiot believe it causes down syndrome which is bull but it doesnt matter eitherway.

Just because smiley it isn't conclusive and gives only an indications of the chances of you having a baby with one of the syndromes, and I would be far too scared to have the amnio test to find out if baby did indeed have it because of the risk of miscarriage. We would continue with the pregnancy anyway so it could only cause me worry really. Suppose it would be nice to have the testing and to find out that we had a really really low risk factor but in case it wasn't that low I wouldn't want to know xx

Dark river I must admit I thought that it was 13 weeks as well but at the hopital today they told me 14+2 was the cut off??

Dark river I must admit I thought that it was 13 weeks as well but at the hopital today they told me 14+2 was the cut off??

I will find the booklet later, if my two year old hasnt scribbled in it. Thing is at 16 weeks you would have to go back for the 20 week scan? Which is bonkers.

Just checked my book and it says between 10 and 14 weeks, I think maybe it used to be 13 weeks in my previous pregnancies. Guess my hospital must be super busy right now :( x

I thought it was 11 weeks to 13+6

I'm having the testing but as you have both said it makes no difference. I would just rather be prepared for it!

Guess the one benefit to having the scan at 16 weeks is that they might have told me the gender of baby!! But I would rather be seen sooner X

Am having a scan on wednesday and then going to buy doppler. Is the sonoline b the best one?

Elmo... 16 weeks?!?!?!?! jeeeeez! :dohh: be good if you get that earlier scan but you shouldn't have had to lie for it, that's poor planning at the hospital!

I'd love a doppler, maybe I'll get one after Wednesday when I know bubs is still alright :thumbup:

Has anyone been told not to eat story bought hummus yes another paranioa about listeria it says it's not recommended online and offline course I have a stomach ache after the garlic Naan bread with garlic hummus and I didn't eat that much ugh!

Almosthere I've no idea. I generally just eat what ever I like that keeps my nausea at bay :lol:

I don't know what brand my Doppler is. It looks like a sonoline B but it isn't haha

Early scan today - eek :happydance::happydance: so happy! Can't believe the difference between this scan and my daughters 3 years ago. So clear and we could see little limbs forming and everything. Heart rate perfect also. Booked for another in 2 weeks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2
Hopeful congrats! Wow a scan again in two weeks are you high risk? I had mine at 7w4d but next one won't be until 12 weeks I think

Not high risk but our fertility clinic does 2 scans before discharging us. Then hopefully a short wait till our 12 week scan

My oh would absolutely love a daughter!! She'd be his princess and have him wrapped round her little finger!!

Wow elm, 16 weeks, that's crazy!! I don't blame u for fibbing.

TRIED AGAIN TONIGHT WITH THE DOPPLER AND NOTHING, STARTING TO ANNOY ME A bit now (sorry about capitals, accident and couldn't b bothered to rewrite!!) xx

Jox I've tried again tonight (twice today!!!) with DH but couldn't find either :( gonna leave it another week or so now.

It's so frustrating isn't it smiley!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->