November rainbows 2014 (We had our babies!!!<3)

My next scans are at 30 weeks and 36 weeks both are growth scans that I also had with my first pregnancy seems so long away I'm considering booking a 4d scan at 28 weeks to break the time up abit I also have my next midwife appt, whooping cough vaccine, flue vaccine and glucose test at 28 weeks!
6 days until v day!!!! :)

I want another scan... One month and you'll see baby again! Eeeeek!

I went private to see #2 at 28 weeks but this time... We're not going and I'm waiting until 37 weeks.

I know I can't wait! I'm getting growth scans at 27 weeks and 33 weeks because dd was small (the placenta stopped working due to pre-eclampsia). Then if I still have a low lying placenta I'll get another scan at 36 weeks to decide if I have to have a c section or if I can give birth naturally. Feel lucky to have so many scans this time around but really hoping they're completely unecessary this time around.

I don't know if I'll get any more scans! Our good friends have hinted in gifting us a 3D/4D ultrasound package for a baby shower gift. I would be ecstatic! If not we might just give in and buy it ourselves.

I'm very envious ladies for more scans. I'm sure all is going to go wonderfully and they'll just be a great experience with baby.

We are definitely nearing in on Vday! SO EXCITING!!! The 2nd trimester home stretch is what I call it. :)

What are you ladies trying to get done before baby arrives. I'm super busy here. DD1 is starting school, which I was dreading as bittersweet. But, now I'm tickled because it will be nice scheduling the appointments when she is at school. I'm about to go every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks. With my previous pregnancies I loved appointments. But, now I dread them because its a lot of work attending them with 2 toddlers.

I signed up with the baby program with our insurance company. Figured $125 for going to see the Dr. when I would anyways would buy some diapers.

They sent me this little appointment tracker book that is so awesome! It will be a nice lil keep sake for Jacea.

Any names you ladies will share? Have you picked them out?

Hi ladies! How are you all? I am back from Italy now. Had a lovely time :) Congrats on all your V Days, so exciting! I am officially in the 3rd Trimester as of today, I can't believe how quickly it has come around!

Happy 3rd trimester!!! It's going to fast! I'm glad you had a lovely time in Italy! :)

How is everyone?

3rd trimester wow where is the time going? The final stretch now leliana yay!

Aww leilana how was it in Italy? I'm off to Cyprus in a few weeks and can't wait!

You ladies are lucky, I'm so jealous of your baby moons! I cannot believe we're almost all to the third trimester. It's so exciting!!! I can't wait to meet my little girl. My DW and I love the name Rylan even though it's sort of boyish. We came up with Rylan Rose Marie that way we have my MILs middle name and my mom's. What names has everyone picked?

DH and I narrowed down the name list like two months ago and haven't really discussed it much since. We've been so busy it seems! We may decide to have a very short list and then make the final decision when we meet her. For the most part I'm keeping it secret! But I might decide to share on here as we get closer to our short list. :)

Hi ladies! Been in lurk mode lately (basically since I introduced myself on this thread, then I got swamped)...so I'm just gonna jump right in.

wannabe that's a lovely name. <3

Same with us...got too busy to discuss after we made our short list (and I don't even know if the short list is complete). It's hard to get DH to talk names. I think mostly b/c it's overwhelming so he just wants to put it off. But I don't want to be doing this too last minute! I think we have a top contender, but I'm not really sure....

Thank you eyemom! I hope you can get your DH to talk about names!

Found out today I've got gestational diabetes. It's still sinking in really, didn't expect to have it. My diets really good and I work out a lot so my bmi is the low side of normal. Just seems like a massive hassle, I have to test my blood sugars 4 times a day. Anyone else dealing with this?

On a side note, my daughter is pretty much potty trained now :happydance: I'm so proud of her!

So sorry Anniebobs. I have my GD test in 2 weeks so I don't know yet. I know people really worry about GD, but it can be managed properly with diet and such. Still a hassle I know! Also, it really just depends how your body deals with pregnancy, doesn't matter that much how healthy you were before or during pregnancy. Pregnancy just changes how some people's body's process nutrition... so don't beat yourself up, you look great and it will all work out ok!

Found out today I've got gestational diabetes. It's still sinking in really, didn't expect to have it. My diets really good and I work out a lot so my bmi is the low side of normal. Just seems like a massive hassle, I have to test my blood sugars 4 times a day. Anyone else dealing with this?

On a side note, my daughter is pretty much potty trained now :happydance: I'm so proud of her!
Sorry, I know that's frustrating. I am the same backstory and I passed by the skin of my teeth. I understand it's nothing you did or didn't do that caused it, so don't feel badly about yourself. I'm sure it's troublesome though. I didn't realize you had to test your BS that often though...that seems like a lot of pokes. :(

Yay for your DD being potty trained! :D

Hi ladies,

So sorry I haven't been back since I posted a couple of weeks ago! Thanks for your lovely messages - Italy was beautiful and very hot! We had a wonderful time and was great fun taking DD to the beach etc :) The flight wasn't the most comfortable thing ever but I think I coped better this time around than with my first pregnancy. I remember being this far along with DD and feeling I couldn't possibly get any bigger or more uncomfortable - man, I was in for a shock! ;)

It's exciting to hear you ladies have names! Wannabemama - that is a beautiful name for your little girl. My girlie has a unisex name too and it really suits her :) We do have a name for our little dude but I will be holding off sharing it until the birth as I like keeping that little bit of mystery.

Anniebobs - so sorry to hear you have GD. I know it's come as a shock but oddly enough the other ladies I know who have had it have been super healthy too. It's nothing you've done wrong honey :hugs: It's great that you already have a good diet :thumbup: Well done to your DD, that's awesome!

Well, I am 29 weeks pregnant in 2 days time and almost in the 30-weeks! Where is time going?! Is anyone else here Rhesus Neg? I had my Anti-D appointment today which went well. Had a midwife appointment too and I am apparently measuring one week ahead. She used the ancient doppler machine to find his heartbeat (I was at the hospital instead of my usual surgery) but they found him straight away - he even had a little hiccup which we all heard. So all well and good - next up, I need to book my Whooping Cough jab. It is all go go go now!!

Thanks everyone. My first few readings are all good so I think my diets fine. I just think that sugary drink they give you was too much for my body to handle! I'm just annoyed I have to mess about with the finger prick tests all the time!

Eek nearly 30 weeks already leilana! Almost there!

Wannabe: OMG! That was very close to the names we had picked out. I love it! "Rylin Rose" and "Riley Rose" but we went with "Jacea Margaret" (Jay-See-Ah) (Family names and DH wanted her named after him.)

Anniebobs: I likely have GD as well. I failed the 1 hour and have to take the 3 hour on Friday. IT SUCKS!! I'm super bummed. I know it can be easily controlled. I had it with #2. But it was controlled and she still had to have a sugar IV to regulate her blood levels at birth! I HATE IT!!!

So sorry about the potential GD Leinz. :(

DH decided he didn't really like my number 1 name, but we're working on variations of that name. Names are so tough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->