November rainbows 2014 (We had our babies!!!<3)

Thanks to my two miscarriages, I feel like I was robbed of my opportunity to be close to my unborn baby at this stage of development.

My first pregnancy I was so, so in love with my baby, I ached with how much I loved my baby.

But with this pregnancy, and my last one, I find it difficult to imagine even getting a baby at the end of this. Difficulty feeling as strongly because of what I’ve been through before.

Don’t get me wrong I would be utterly, utterly devastated if I lost my baby. Which makes me think this whole “wall” I’ve put up is meaningless as it certainly won’t stop the pain if I miscarry. All it’s doing is putting up an emotional wall stopping me from feeling close to my baby.

Oh gosh! Isn't this the truth!! Of the people that know (our parents, my cousin, 2-3 close friends), all of them are ECSTATIC about the twins and are dying for me just to announce. Yet here i am feeling guarded. My cousin actually told me she didn't understand why I was waiting so long and she announced the minute she saw two lines on a pee stick. And meanwhile, I'm like, omg I'm ONLY six (going on seven) weeks! Lol...still feel so guarded and cautious. Will I ever feel secure?

I'm telling our parents until 12 weeks either. The only ones that know here are me and DH. I told once at 6 weeks and had a MMC at 9 weeks. I hated retracting the announcement.

I'm already close to this baby. I can't be guarded no matter how I try. I treasure all the memories I've had with my losses.

I've told my sister and 2 close friends, Ones that were supportive during my three losses. I want to tell my mum after the first scan, not because she wasn't supportive just because then it'll feel more real and hopefully I'll be excited instead of just saying 'I'm pregnant again, but I don't know if I'm actually having a baby this time'. I'm trying to stay positive but it's tough. Think it'll get easier once I've seen the baby and get to 13 weeks. During my mmc I heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks so that's a mini milestone too.

I know exactly how you all feel, I put barriers up too to stop myself getting close to my baby, just in case. On the day I miscarried in 2011 it was two days before Christmas and we were staying with the in laws. I had literally just told them I was having a baby and they were so thrilled. Even my little niece was there. I then started bleeding within a few hours. Having to tell them I was miscarrying was the worst experience ever and I never want to do that again :(

It's weird, because it's more about them than me. I felt so sorry for them and the fact I had disappointed everyone. No one was anything other than totally supportive and kind to me, but I still felt terrible.

I'm so sorry for your losses. And that some of the joy has been taken from us. It's going to be so lovely getting our rainbows.

Is anyone else dealing with insane nausea and fatigue?

Leinz I don't like to complain because I feel so lucky to be pregnant again so soon but yes it has ramped up a gear this week, I've been having catnaps this weekend while my husbands off work and he's been feeding me up to try and keep the nausea away (not working), I'm not looking forward to this week trying to find the energy to work / feed myself / look after dd while he's at work! It is reassuring though because I only had mild ms with my mmc, I only threw up about 5 times in total and it went totally by 9 weeks (I lost the baby at 13 weeks but he stopped developing around 9/10 weeks.

Sorry for the ramble but basically yes I feel awful but I'm finding it reassuring because it's similar to my first pregnancy! How are you?

Yes Leinz, insane nausea and fatigue here. I've had mine since 5.5 weeks and it has gotten steadily worse. With my previous pregnancy is started to fade at 12 weeks and was gone by 14 weeks so I'm hoping it will be the same this time. It is horrendous to go through but it does reassure me in many ways. Dealing with this and a toddler has been hard, hard work though!

I know it! I have 2 toddlers, a broken foot and sickness. But, I'm also just so happy to be pregnant! :)

No complaints at all... So blessed!

Hope you all aren't feeling to bad today. Nothing I do takes the nausea away. I do find it very reassuring. However, I never had MS bad with my previous pregnancies! I read that one of the best things to do to cope with being pregnant after loss is... To find things that were different than the time you MC.

I can relate to so many of you :hugs: Pregnancy after a loss defiantly makes you put protective barriers up! My first pregnancy ended in a mmc at nearly 12 weeks it was the most devistating thing to go through especially after I happily announced my news to all family and friends even on Facebook and I regretted it so much having to tel people that my baby had died. My 2nd pregnancy I had another mmc at 9+4w even though that broke my heart again I didn't feel as bad as I did with the first as I hadn't announced the pregnancy to anyone only myself and my OH knew so I could grieve privately. My 3rd pregnancy I didn't announce until after v day I think I was about 26 weeks I shared my 4d scans with friends on Facebook they were all shocked and couldn't believe I had kept it a secret for so long but I felt so much better doing it that way, thankfully I went on to have a healthy baby boy who just turned two (my little rainbow)
I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd baby (4th pregnancy) I'm 6+4 and I won't be announcing until our 20 week gender scan only OH, parents, in laws and a very close Aunty know so far, I'm praying this is a sticky baby, I go for an early scan on Tuesday I am super nervous hoping everything is ok but yes the worry is always there and I feel that having previous mc's kind of robs you from enjoying your pregnancy, with my last pregnancy with my son the worry never left me until the day he was born then I finally believed everything was fine. You just have to take each day at a time keep positive and have faith were in gods hands now :cloud9: x

:hugs: Nanninoo, I am so pleased you went on to have your rainbow. Wishing you so much sticky dust for this second precious one. You are absolutely right, we are in God's hands. Having faith has helped me a lot. Good luck for your early scan, I can't wait to hear how it goes x

I know the early scan will go just fine, hun! So exciting! I can't wait for mine... Which is 12 days away. It would seem like forever if the wait didn't start at 35 days lol.

Rainbows for us all! So exciting! Also if you want to use our group logo in your section. The code is in the first post in this thread! :)

hey ladies.. i would love to join your group.. my little baby is due the 20th of Nov :) i can't wait for the first dr appointment next week .. hope everyone is doing well here ...

Thanks hun :) welcome hopelove good luck at your first appt how exciting h&h 9 months x

I can relate to so many of you :hugs: Pregnancy after a loss defiantly makes you put protective barriers up! My first pregnancy ended in a mmc at nearly 12 weeks it was the most devistating thing to go through especially after I happily announced my news to all family and friends even on Facebook and I regretted it so much having to tel people that my baby had died. My 2nd pregnancy I had another mmc at 9+4w even though that broke my heart again I didn't feel as bad as I did with the first as I hadn't announced the pregnancy to anyone only myself and my OH knew so I could grieve privately. My 3rd pregnancy I didn't announce until after v day I think I was about 26 weeks I shared my 4d scans with friends on Facebook they were all shocked and couldn't believe I had kept it a secret for so long but I felt so much better doing it that way, thankfully I went on to have a healthy baby boy who just turned two (my little rainbow)
I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd baby (4th pregnancy) I'm 6+4 and I won't be announcing until our 20 week gender scan only OH, parents, in laws and a very close Aunty know so far, I'm praying this is a sticky baby, I go for an early scan on Tuesday I am super nervous hoping everything is ok but yes the worry is always there and I feel that having previous mc's kind of robs you from enjoying your pregnancy, with my last pregnancy with my son the worry never left me until the day he was born then I finally believed everything was fine. You just have to take each day at a time keep positive and have faith were in gods hands now :cloud9: x
beautiful words.. although i can't stop stressing but i am praying it will be ok for me and everyone else :)

Had some brown spotting and lower backache last night so ended up with a scan this morning. Saw a heartbeat and our smudge was measuring 3.5mm so right around 6 1/2 weeks. So relieved! Spotting seems to have stopped but I'm still having the lower backache. They've cancelled my reassurance scan now so my next scan is in 6 weeks. Seems so far away!

HopeLove: Congrats! Welcome! I'm sorry for your loss.

Anniebobs: How exciting that you saw your baby. I'm very sorry for your scare and I hope the next 6 weeks goes fast!

Nanninno: Patiently awaiting to hear about how your scan went.

AFM: Getting excited. First scan next week. A bit nervous to, but with the MS I've been having this baby is sticky!

Please read the forum rules

You may not link to third party forums, chatrooms, competing pregnancy/parenting resources, competing groups/pages or unapproved social networking Web Sites

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->