November Rainbows 2016

We always struggle in the holidays, Lucas has a 9pm bedtime which he feels is way to early I have no idea but think its fine :shrug: But in the hols wants to be up later which I dont mind occasionally but it has been every night this week (my fault) so he is completely out of whack but he cant understand that its because of the late nights :wacko: Its like banging your head against a brick wall at times and I can not for love nor money bring him out of a meltdown only person who can is his dad thankfully meltdowns are 99% reserved for at home :dohh:

They sure know how to make you feel crappy at times :flower:

They sure do! We have a daddy's boy here too. I try everything, dad walks through the door and it's sorted straight away. Drives me insane. I'm glad they are so close but I do feel left out on times. You know I'm just the one who carried him, gave birth to him, looks after him 99% of the time yet dad is best. Grrrrr.

Its a novelty thing with dads too though isn't it.
They r a bit removed from it all
Making it an easier job to stay calm.
Its a compliment that they feel they can act how they like around mom
But are guaranteed love a d acceptance
( remind me of that later , hee hee )
Its how I feel when a tantrum is done with
Not during :)

Our house is an old cottage
Our stairs aren't regular stairs
So chairlift won't fit.
Plus at top if stairs is converted attic
So only a tiny square of landing
So nowhere to get off it.
Id love one if it would fit
Ds would prob love it too.
He is,starting to walk bits with me holding his hands.
Can do tiny steps assisted now
Hopefully not too much longer for stairs assisted :)

Yay to tiny steps hopefully he will start on the stairs real soon :flower:

Had an incredibly lazy day at home today lounged about and only just got showered and dressed and I only did that because I have an eye screening at 1630 :haha:

We are going out for an early dinner after as its my last night off then stopping of at Tesco to get popcorn and sweeties and will watch a film, then an early night for me as i'm back to work in the morning, quite looking forward to it to have some routine back but its that same old thing I think I may have to be dragged from my bed kicking and screaming in the morning :haha:

That's great lilesmom! Hopefully he won't need carrying too much longer. We are in a cottage too. The stair lift is awful as we have a twisted staircase and like you have just a tiny square for a hallway and landing but it did the job. It just takes up so much room and you have to squeeze past. Need it removed now really. I'm considering using it myself at the moment though, stairs are getting hard lol.

Your evening sounds lovely lucusmum. We are doing similar. Going crazy and ordering pizza too. I feel too lazy to cook.

Thanks ladies x
I got an energy burst yest and today
Used it up now though ��
Went to open farm and playground place with my sis and kids yest
Simes went on way more than usual
He is really starting to open up its fab
Went for two walks test too
One thus morn.
Cleaned my car cos I'm trading it in today
After ten years.
Bit sad actually like an idiot :)
But glad to hve the extra space for bub and stuff :)
Sitting down finally while squish sleeps for half an hour .
Oh was out last night so is still in bed , sick.
I've made lasagne for dinner already too.
Phew
Hope relaxy rest of day now .
I've done enough :)
Oh hardly ever goes out
We moved near my parents in the country
And he doesn't hve much friends down here.
I was glad the neighbour invited him last night.
Be nice for oh to hve local friends.
I hve my sisters and nieces local.

Can Braxton hicks be more on one side than the other ?
Had what id swear were them yest
But much stronger on left side?

I'm not sure lilesmom. Mine are all over, feels basically like a less painful contraction. Although sometimes they are very uncomfortable. Might be different for different women though.

Am in hospital. We got into an accident in the car. Some idiot decided to break in the middle of the motorway and we slammed into the back of them. Kids were mostly unhurt bar a few cuts and bruises and ds has wiplash. Think their car seats protected them a lot. DH has really bad wiplash and I have wiplash and a broken arm. Car is a right mess and it's only a few months old. Have to stay into monitor baby overnight. He seems ok though. Today has not been a good day :(

Oh my goodness Maryanne, what a terrifying experience for you all I hope little Henry is OK and you all recover quickly :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Motorway driving when its busty terrifies me at times people are so unpredictable no matter how careful you are.

Is the car a right off? Some idiot drove into me back in Feb wasnt going fast as I was in a car park but they were debating if they should right mine of or not, I think I was saved by the fact it wasnt my insurance paying out.

Stay safe my lovely :flower:

Oh Maryanne. I hope everyone is alright. I'm glad that there were no major injuries although I bet the broken arm, whiplash, cuts and bruises are bad enough! Glad that Henry seems to be okay too. Hopefully you will all be back to 100% in no time. Other drivers can be such nutcases on the road, putting everyone else in danger. Thank goodness you are all predominately okay!

Thanks ladies. We are ok. Just all a bit shaken up. I'm just so glad the children are ok. DH moaned at me over the amount I spent on car seats but think he's glad I bought good ones now. Henry is moving away on the monitor so pretty sure he's ok too. Had minor spotting but nothing major. I never want to go on the motorway again. Just don't understand why someone would slam the breaks on and come to a complete halt in the middle of a busy motorway. Police are questioning him as he wont explain why he did it. Doesn't even look bloody old enough to drive. We are lucky as if the car behind us hadn't of swerved then it would have ploughed into the back of us too. Car has been towed away so DH is waiting to here from the garage Monday to find out if it's a write off.

Oh no huge hugs hon.
Hope u r home soon xx
I think people sometimes try to crash to get insurance to pay off their car loans
And to try and claim!!!
Ye poor things.
Hope ye r alright
Huge hugs xx

Thanks for the well wishes. Just waiting to be discharged now. Henry is absolutely fine. He was showing a little bit of distress yesterday night but he's settled down now and gone back to his lazy relaxed ways. I swear my luck is awful at the moment. Not having in a good few months, swear I'm cursed sometimes lol. Still I'm grateful we were all pretty much unharmed. Could have been so much worse.

Hope everyone else is good today?

I'm so glad that it wasn't any worse than it was Maryanne and that you'll be getting home soon. What an absolute nightmare. It must have been such a scare!

I'm doing pretty good today. DH is off to play in his AmFoot game so I'm home alone with the dog, pottering around, getting a bit of housework done. I have to admit that it is definitely starting to get trickier to do simple housework things. Might have to start relying on DH a bit more which is something I don't really like doing as he already works full time so the house is sort of my way of pulling me weight. Oh well, he'll totally understand and I know he'll be awesome about it.

I think we might have picked our paint although I'm worried that the yellow (Lemon Spirit) is a bit fluorescent. I think it's as close as I'm going to get to the vision in my head though. This decorating malarkey is tough work.

I'm sure he won't mind Lynanne. It's not forever after all, only for a few months. My DH tries to help but I end up having to go behind him and do it all again. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. At least he tries though even if he is rubbishy at it lol. Lemon paint sounds lovely. I love lemon. Are you going with a theme? Or just a mix of things. We have to sort out the nursery situation but not sure how it's going to work. Realistically we need to move but moving is so stressful. Possibly going to extend to turn our three bedroom into a 5 bedroom but it depends whether we get planning permission.

Just found out the driver who breaked in front of us and caused the accident was not only driving on a provisional but the vehicle was uninsured, for goodness sake. I'm not even sure what that means for us now. I have to tell DH, he's going to go mental.

Oh jeez, Maryanne! What on earth was he doing on the road let alone the motorway!? DH drives a flat bed truck for work (he sells drainage pipe) and I'm always terrified of something really bad happening to him out on the road. Not because I don't trust him but because other drivers!

We are doing a sort of dinosaur theme although it won't be overwhelming. Just the mobile, a bit of art work above his cot, little dinosaur skeletons and a dinosaur light shade. Then it's just a mix of what I can get my hands on and find!! We do have three Disney quote prints that I am going to pop up too. Hopefully it'll look nice in the end.

These are the samples of the colours that we have picked.

Attachments

• paint.png
    paint.png
    517 bytes · Views: 0
Sounds lovely. We love dinosaurs in this house! My sons room is dinosaur themed and even dd loves dinosaurs. The colours look lovely together. Make you post a pic when your done, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

The police came to hospital and explained that they have seized the vehicle and arrested the driver but to be honest I'm still fuming. Basically the driver will be let go and then likely be banned from driving for a few years when it finally gets to court. But since he doesn't have a licence anyway that a stupid punishment. And now we a have a brand new car that looks like it's going to be a right off and that idiot won't be paying anything as the vehicle he was driving isn't insured and he was driving it illegally anyway so even if it had been insured then it wouldn't have made a difference. He's not even getting a caution for driving dangerously.

I was a huge fan of dinosaurs as a kid growing up. I was practically obsessed! I thought it would be nice, regardless of baby's gender, to do a little dino room. It'll all be pretty basic and nothing over the top but I'm quite looking forward to it!

I've got to be honest, that doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me! No wonder you are furious. And to think just how much worse it could have been. What an absolute idiot!

I loved dinosaurs too growing up. Was so pleased when ds started liking them. Cause he's autistic he's really obsessive about them an there's hardly anything he doesn't know about them. Amazes me how clever he is with it. We had a huge dinosaur mural painted on his wall on his bedroom, it's so cool. Wish it was my room! Lol. I totally would have had Dinos for dd but DH wasn't onboard with that. We ended up with fairies and forest creatures. She's spends all her time playing with ds and his dinosaurs though. Daddy isn't pleased as the dolls just get overlooked. Doesn't bother me though. I'm not a big believer that certain genders must like certain things, ds even had a toy Pram when he was little as he asked for one.

Oh maryanne that sucks I pay extra on my insurance for cover for idiots with no insurance it has a name but I can't think what I think it's pretty standard with cover now but it means I'm not affected if something like this happens I hope your insurance sort it out quickly for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->