~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

My lion cub had loads of hair when he was born and now he's going thin on top and has a bald patch at the back :( :rofl:

pixelle That's a bit OTT. Men can be such stroppy teenagers!!

My Joseph has a decent amount of hair when born, but lost it all and had pretty much none for some time. At 14 months its just now starting to get some thickness.

Madelyn had more hair, but she is losing a lot of it as well so may be just like Joseph.
Sometimes I forget she is only a little over 2 months old :dohh: Honestly, she seems so much more advanced than Joseph was at her age .. or maybe I am just used to Joseph being so big so it kind of doesn't cross my mind. IDK.

I let him cry here and there. when I do that he takes the dummy and nods off. He self settled tonight. He is asleep, wait for it........ In his crib :happydance: bed to myself, yay!!!!

He seems to sleep light at night for some reason :(

Silas Both my girls were the same hair-wise although Leo hasn't lost all of his like they did (yet)!!

I notice Leo doing something new every day. His latest trick is to copy my eldest daughter when she coos at him but he'll only do it for her.

Joseph probably did the things Madelyn does at the same age but we forget so easily how little they were and when they did things, I think because the time flies so quickly.

ETA: That's great Soph , I hope you have a good night with him :)

Jo xx

Kelly - what your OH go and do that for? He sounds like a stroppy madame lol.

Well its 5.20am here and im up feeding megan whilst OH is snoring beside me lolc- getting used to that bit!

Im getting my hair cut today and i cant friggin wait! OH has been on at me for ages to get it cut, its doing my head in at the mo.

Has anyone else been out without the baby yet? X

He's been so stroppy lately...think I'll just let him get on with it!

I really need a haircut too...just dont seem to find the time to go and get it done so trim it myself :lol:
I've been out without Kai about 4 times, only for an hour or so each time. Feels very strange....but good in some ways as sometimes I dont realise I need a break until it happens and I feel so much better when I cime home and see him. Sort of refreshed. But it is strange not having him with me.

Hope your haircut goes ok.

Kai is wantung feeding again.

Helloo

Well terrible night last night she never really settled between feeds I think change of house bein here as its colder in this room than ours.

Sopph - libby does that too, its so cheeky I was just tellin my mum about it yesterday sayinh I don't car what anyone says she knows if she drops it or pulls it out it brings mum so I watch her cheekily take it out and grin at me and do all the cute talk to get me to play
Ur not mean I had ti do that the other day when I nearly had a nervous breakdown and needed food lol

Libby had no hair at birth and I had horrendous heartburn! She still has none lol

Hope everyone is ok

Pixie had hair round the sides and none on top practically Lol

I too am in need of a hair cut :dohh:

Pixie had learned to hold onto her dummy and put it in her mouth when she wants, or she chucks it lol

Oh and kayley, not really been out apart from half an hour at asda but I'm going out for a meal with my friend tonight and mum is babysitting for a couple of hrs.. Eek! We are leavin her overnight 1 night in feb to as we are going to a wedding and stayin in hotel :( gonna miss her so much x

I've found a lump on Kai's spine :( Was rubbing his back and noticed it. Doesnt seem to hurt him. But its hard, like its his actual spine. No idea how long its been there....feel bad for not noticing it before.
Of course, I googled it and scared myself silly.
Going to take him to Dr on monday.

Pixelle Google is NOT your friend in situations like these. Please try not to worry, you are doing the right thing :hug:

GG Pah to the rubbish night (we had one too last night) but yay for your grown up night out tonight. You make sure you enjoy it.

Jo xx

you&me do you combi feed? Jo xx

Jo, reagan was on milk designed for preemie's and was always constipated, before the docs put her on lactulose I used to give her diluted prune juice, works a treat...as does a tiny amount of brown sugar in cool boiled water.

Sophie :hugs:

My mum told me my nan swore by brown sugar and water :)

Evan has been on lactulose.

Ooooh, I finally figured how to do the multi quote thing :blush:

I do combi feed Jo, it works really well for us :thumbup:

Lactulose is good stuff sophie, hope it eases Evan's tummy for him.

Well, we tried Daddy doing the bath routine last night again...Amber was fine in the bath, then the screaming started as soon as he got her out, she just wouldn't settle again...so I had to take over....then she did the same as last time, woke at 2am and 5am...she has slept through the last few night's prior to this!!

She just doesn't like Daddy doing it it would seem :nope:

After I had fed her in bed with me and she was still awake gone 6am, I nudged the hubby and kicked him out of bed to deal with her...:haha:

Hey ladies! I'm still in bed with the evster sprawled over my chest!! I don't want to get up!!!

Kelly never ever google!!!!!!! I remember I did when I bled at 6 weeks pregnant. Google pretty much told me it was an mc, look at us today!! Don't feeL bad for not noticing! I didn't notice Evans cradle cap under all his :haha:

my Thai green curry was lovely last night :)

evan woke up at 2.40 and 6.02 ans slept in his crib. Yay!!!

Next step is getting him to sleep properly when he goes to bed instead of waking 2/3 times and enduring the dummy run!!

we've only got one time waking for dummy now - sometimes its none! :happydance:

yeah, as others have said never use google for looking up things - it'll scare you to death. it's advised to not look up any symptoms of pregnancy on google either :haha:

god - Pixie REALLY isn't happy. i can hear her balling and screaming at her daddy... what the hell is he doing :dohh:

Well after 3 months of hell ive introduced one bottle of formula a day (im using some really good organic formula tho - smells and tastes great and has a great rep) so the organic factor makes me feel better about it!

Im just gonna stick with one bottle at lunch time each day for a while and see how we go, see if missing that one feed reduces the on going pain and discomfort ( i hate my nipples)

No matter how perfectly she latches it starts hurting, sometimes we will go a few days of it being ok but it always comes back. The stress was getting so much i started having panic attacks!!! wth. I really just dont enjoy BF, its become a chore

So am much happier with my decision already :) x

Will keep BF her for the other feeds for now but might slowly switch to formula once she starts solids, will see how we go x

Im damn proud i got this far!

and so you should be! at least you managed - my milk just wasn't enough for pixie. in the end she just wasn't getting enough from me so i switched to formula :( good thing with formula though is that you can tell how many oz they're getting :D

well done for 2 months though!

Pixelle, try not to worry I'm sure everything will be ok! x

OH has taken Megan to his grandads - I feel lost lol

and so you should be! at least you managed - my milk just wasn't enough for pixie. in the end she just wasn't getting enough from me so i switched to formula :( good thing with formula though is that you can tell how many oz they're getting :D

well done for 2 months though!

Thanks we have actually done nearly 3 months exclusively (well 11 weeks) and will continue to BF as well for now. :flower:

I combi feed with Megan and have done for a while now. It has gone really well. Megan has upto 3 bottles of formula a day. She has me all through the night and im sure she uses me as a comforter.

Evan usually has one bottle before bed, although some days he doesn't. He doesn't sleep any longer with a bottle :dohh:

I was going to start introducing more formula but we're getting on good with the bf at the moment.

He's been asleep since about half two, bliss. I wanna have a nap but he'll wake up I know it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->