~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Aw sorry Jo, not sure what to suggest-maybe he is picking up on your stress vibes. Like I know when I have to BF in public I get a bit flustered and then Addison refuses the nipple and puts up a fight for like 3 minutes until he gives in..
He has gone from feeding every 2 hours to every 90 mins so since he is 11 weeks I am guessing it is 12 week GS.. HOPEFULLY.. But he is still having last feed at about 7.30pm and going till 3am, quick feed and back to sleep..

Problem we are having is that he hates to be put down for his sleep.. he was doing fine and it is all of a sudden he fights and cries and like I have only ehard him cry maybe 5 times since he was born so I just cant handle it.. any tips? maybe too big for moses basket?

Hope you're all well and happy.. We off for 3 nights stay at a beautiful house on a golf course tomorrow which is also right by the beach.. yay for tan topping-up
x

Ugh .. more snow. Apparently they are supposed to get 21 inches in a town that is about 40 mins away from me - not sure how bad it is supposed to get here yet. Joseph has a drs appt at 3:30pm so hopefully nothing happens before then, it is freezing rain right now so roads are slowly getting slick so we will have to see. Thankfully doctors is right here in town. And then I guess a trip to the store to stock up on stuff just in case. Hopefully anyway - not sure how much money we really have to stock up. Anyhow!!

So seriously, I just had an ANT crawling on me wtf? Have no idea where that came from!!

Soph I took Leo with me to the dentist when I needed x-rays. He was in his car seat and she just took him out of the room with her. Couldn't yours do that?

Jo :hugs: I've also introduced the odd bottle for Leo and I'm still struggling to get my head around it. He may have 4/5oz every day or other day but we don't have any routine or structure for it. Luckily he's not too fussy so it works for us. He did however take a very strange dislike to my right boob last night and this morning :shrug:

AFM not much to report really, as per, took Leo swimming on Friday which he seemed to love so I think I'm gonna arrange lessons.

Love to all
Jo xx

kelly - libby has always been like this and we have moved her into her cot...she still doesnt like going down without a fight, she is very clongy. Maybe the clingyness is part of the growth spurt? Libby is gonna be like this for the forseeable future I think. Hubby has already said when she is 6 months we are control crying :cry: if she is still like that, I think he will make sure its the day she is 6 months too :(
silas must catch up with ur journal, iv been very lazy in looking at my threads in user cp of late! x

Dani are you still mix feeding? If so, how do you do it, do you have structure to it, set times for one and the other in between? I really want to be able to keep feeding through the night/first feed in the morning. Do you think this will be possible if I introduce more FF's?
x

I still combi feed Jo and it works really well for us :thumbup: Amber kind of follows these feeds:
7.30am: in bed with me on boob.
11am; boob then top up with formula
2.45pm: boob just before school run
6.30: boob, then top up with normally about 5ozs in preperation for getting ready for night feed.
9.30: Between 6-7ozs formula as her bed time feed.
Then she sleeps through til morning, so I don't give her any feed during the night, I don't dream feed either.

Dani I will happily have the formula if no one wants it.. do u want anything for it?

You are welcome to it Gemma, I don't want anything for it other than a good home!! I keep seeing it every time I open the cupboard and would hate to see it go to waste, if you wanna send me your address over on FB then I will get it posted :flower:

if you wouldn't mind? i can't find any of the kids orajel here at all :dohh: i had a look on the babies R us site and there is none.
Do Amazon deliver to your area Pichi?...This is where I have found it, but it isn't cheap!! :haha:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Orajel-Nighttime-Formula-Teething/dp/B000GCHOKQ

I just searched Babies R Us as some link on google said it could be purchased there, and they don't have it!!...Gonna have a look at superdrug and boots website to see if I can't hunt it down anywhere else.

Ladies, check out your local sainsbury's...I went in today for normal shopping...and they have loads of ladies clothes, mainly tops, reduced to 50p and a quid!! I got about 12 and saved myself about £120!!!

Dani are you still mix feeding? If so, how do you do it, do you have structure to it, set times for one and the other in between? I really want to be able to keep feeding through the night/first feed in the morning. Do you think this will be possible if I introduce more FF's?
x

I still combi feed Jo and it works really well for us :thumbup: Amber kind of follows these feeds:
7.30am: in bed with me on boob.
11am; boob then top up with formula
2.45pm: boob just before school run
6.30: boob, then top up with normally about 5ozs in preperation for getting ready for night feed.
9.30: Between 6-7ozs formula as her bed time feed.
Then she sleeps through til morning, so I don't give her any feed during the night, I don't dream feed either.

Dani I will happily have the formula if no one wants it.. do u want anything for it?

You are welcome to it Gemma, I don't want anything for it other than a good home!! I keep seeing it every time I open the cupboard and would hate to see it go to waste, if you wanna send me your address over on FB then I will get it posted :flower:

if you wouldn't mind? i can't find any of the kids orajel here at all :dohh: i had a look on the babies R us site and there is none.
Do Amazon deliver to your area Pichi?...This is where I have found it, but it isn't cheap!! :haha:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Orajel-Nighttime-Formula-Teething/dp/B000GCHOKQ

I just searched Babies R Us as some link on google said it could be purchased there, and they don't have it!!...Gonna have a look at superdrug and boots website to see if I can't hunt it down anywhere else.

Ladies, check out your local sainsbury's...I went in today for normal shopping...and they have loads of ladies clothes, mainly tops, reduced to 50p and a quid!! I got about 12 and saved myself about £120!!!

Holy crap!! That orajel is like $15.00 in U.S. Dollars!! :| (at least form my conversion :haha:) CRAZY.

:haha: It is expensive!!!

Gemma, I just got the Hipp out and it is the orange box, number 2 for hungrier babies, is that still any good to you?

Im excited...Oh's mom works for a some company in texas, and they have a company store. Well they sell Gerber Goodstart formula. We can get it from her by the case for $54.00 instead of 20 per container.

hmm im not sure... I havnt given her any hungry baby milk... do u think it would be cruel to give her a bottle of it before bed to make her sleep longer.. :haha: she is still up! nightmare child... I dont know what im doing to differently but it used to be bottle bath cuddles and bed, now she sleeps for 5 mins and wakes up wide awake and laughing and then crying with tiredness, we have given in and brought her down ... *sigh* just when u think u are getting somewhere..

Jo (coco) I have had right breast refusal at least once a day for the past 4 days or so. It is not good as Evan only ever liked right booby to the point of lefty becoming almost redundant. Leftie has had to spring back into action. Amazing how the body works :)

Other times he will latch for a few seconds and come off, repeat repeat repeat :haha:

Other times he cries so much I have to force his head on my boob until he latches (he grunts and snorts during this which is quite funny) eventually he usually does.

He's been having one bottle per day, I always offer 7 oz and he takes betwee 4-6oz. I also check his soft spot. If it is soft I take it he hasn't had enough, if it is not I am not too worried if he won't eat.

Jo (FGS) The dentist said I could do that,but kinda said it in a "but we don't really want you to" way. Lindsey has offered to come and watch Evan with Stan anyway :)

I've just had an awful 2 hours, he is FINALLY asleep :) screaming, really being sick loads... Spoke too soon :cry:

Gemma I have bought Hipp hungry baby in an attempt to get Evan to sleep longer. He doesn't :(

Well I have an update on my classmates daughter....she died on Saturday. Her poor little body just couldnt heal after the trauma of her birth. She was 3 days old and died on her moms birthday.

Well I have an update on my classmates daughter....she died on Saturday. Her poor little body just couldnt heal after the trauma of her birth. She was 3 days old and died on her moms birthday.

I have no words. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jo xx

that's so sad :cry:

thoughts are with the mummy x

----

11:30 - 7am teethies mustn't have been bothering her last night. she woke at 4 as usual but just chewed on her hand and fell back asleep

how aweful :hugs:

well libby ended up in my bed from 10.30- 3.30 then 4-7.20... i woke her up to feed as i want to get bk on track with the 7 routine as she is not napping and getting overtired.. good news is dan was in the bed tho as we got a bed gaurd so she could sleep on edge of bed without worry x

it might just take Libby a little getting used to being in her big girl bed :) but once she get's used to the space she'll wiggle all over the place and love it :)

nah she was like this before, if she is overtired she just wants to cuddle with me and if u put her down alone she wakes straight up!

Dani - i dont think Il try the hungry baby milk, she seems quite settled on hipp alone now, but thanks anyway, very kind of you x

random question but what does everyone do in terms of 'playing'?

i just don't think we do enough :shrug:

well i talk to her on her tummy time mat, play gym but sometimes i let her have some alone time, she has a kicky thing that she kicks and it makes sounds, her bouncer has dangly things, i sing, i read (usually not intrested)just put toys in from of her and get her to feel them to be honest there is not much more i can do with her as she likes to up on me (we have to give libby back time too lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->