~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

hah yeah Pixie needs back time as she sleeps on her tum like Lib. we have a talk when she's on the mat, put toys infront of her which most of the time she's not interested in. put her in her cot to watch her mobile and she loves lights. she's not really grabbing at things other than being able to pick up her dummy and put it in her mouth... i read to her too but like you said shes not interested. she likes being up and looking out the window etc...

that sounds fine hun, ur doing loads.. is it because i posted in my journal about libby grabbing the bee? remember she is older though, she has had longer to learn :haha:.
like pixie libby likes to see everything too yesterday when I went in ASDA shopping libby screamed to be up so she could look around and take everything in, she stopped instanttly - going to be clever this one lol. She has just fell asleep on me, wil take her up in a sec.

Her personality is really starting to come through, she is very headstrong and likes to know whats going on just like me. She is definatly a very "spirited" baby have to remind dan that she is only 3 months old when she wont go to sleep and she spits her dummy out cos she cant hold it in, I think im just gonna do the night time routine from now on, it never goes well when he does it x

i think my OH is finding it tough with all the crying (well, FAR less crying than at the start though) he just can't wait till he can play tea parties with her and go out in the garden and go digging for worms :haha:

yup, we have a couple of spirited babies on our hands. when we go shopping we keep her in her carseat with the canopy bit down so she can see everything - she just likes the attention of the old biddies coming up to the carseat and putting pennies in it for her haha!

we were shopping and this old man bles him put £2 in her carrycot! and again we got money put in her pram from a woman in tesco lol

oh wow I didnt think anyone did that anymore..lts completly died out round here, not that i want people money but it was a tradition years ago.. that many babies now I suppose, you would spend a bloody fortune walking round the huge tesco in horwich haha x

hah - the man was really nice. he was like " here's a little something for that gorgeous wee one" we wondered what the hell he was doing! i think it was due to the fact we held the lift for him and his wife too...

well i put munchkin in her cot to watch her HK mobile and she's zonked out!

on her back?? im so jealous libby would never do that! I just know Im going to have to control cry at 6 months, dan will make me :cry:

we already sorta control cry but i can tell the difference with her noises now. you'll get like that with Libby too - you'll be able to tell exactly when you can leave her to self soothe. it'll be a half arsed kinda waah waah noise. lol

she'll fall asleep on her back but not stay sleeping, shes now on her tum

nah libby goes straight to blood curdling squeal and goes bright red and sweaty there is no wailing or whinging... what have I created, I think this is my doing x

Bartness sorry to hear about your friend. Love to her mummy and daddy

Thank you everyone for your feeding advice :flower:

Kelly, I try really really hard not to get or show stress as I know they pick up on it, I guess maybe they are more perceptive than we think though! Addison does sound like he is going through a classic 12 week GS. Its a bit harder for me to tell as with George, the day is still one long feed only broke up if we are out or he is cat napping on me! I have heard of babies sleeping better once they go int their cots, you never know, he may really settle. Hope You have a lovely few days away my lovely x

Jo, I have managed to get over being precious about him needing formula (it did take a while though) but I am worried that he will soon prefer it to boob as it is clearly easier to get out! Luckily he is a bit of a comfort sucker, and you don't get that from a bottle.

Gemma, Libby is so much like George as he won't ever go down alone and goes from 0-100 decibels in 2 seconds flat if I ever try! I don't like the sound of CC either :( but I don't think George will ever willing go down alone without trynig something but I am hoping nt that! I have so far gone for the (rod for my own back, lol) approach of attachment parenting and we do bath, fed, story and we both then go to bed at about 9.30. George goes to sleep within 5 min and wakes at about 3am for a feed but it is all very calm. It would be very different if I were trying to force him to go down alone every night and for now I am happy being baby led. Ask me again in 6 months time though :haha:

Dani, thank you for giving me your schedule, ours is actually very similar to yours in the morning. I am jealous that you have set feeds through out the day, George would be on the breast all day if I let him! I am hoping that if I do schedule in an extra bottle, it will had a little bit of routine to our day.

Sophie, my BF consultant says breast refusal at 3 months is really common and apparently it often happens again around 6 months. Joy!I never thought to check his soft spot so thanks for the tip! His does change throughout the day, you can't notice it now but has the day goes on it smetimes does get slightly dipped. So does that mean that he isn't getting enough as the day goes on?

Well I have an update on my classmates daughter....she died on Saturday. Her poor little body just couldnt heal after the trauma of her birth. She was 3 days old and died on her moms birthday.

I am so so sorry to hear this. It is so sad :hugs:

Evan slept in big boys cot at mums. Still in my room but he slept pretty well. First night I fed him to sleep cos he cried in it! Second night settled straight away but had teething issues which woke him up. He slept in my bed though last night as was really unhappy about something :(

bartness so sorry to hear about your classmate, how awfully sad :(

dani I migh take a trip to sainsburies tomorrow as long as I promise to stay out the baby section :haha: I have a new obsession with mam dummies cos they have different designs and were cheap in sainsburies and asda! He has 6 now and 6 for 6 month + don't look like I'll be weaning him off that anytime soon!!

I am selling my angelcare monitor as I don't use it, if u know of any pregnant ladies who want one do u think £50 is decent price? Never Been used just took it out the box to have a play :)

Dani - i dont think Il try the hungry baby milk, she seems quite settled on hipp alone now, but thanks anyway, very kind of you x
No worries, Amber had the Aptamal hungry baby stuff for 3 days once and it played havoc on her tummy!!

random question but what does everyone do in terms of 'playing'?

i just don't think we do enough :shrug:
We have the jumperoo, a play mat, and a baby gym thing, which Amber loves, Reagan also tends to play with her quite a bit, she will sing to her and chat away to her...My hubby has his play time too, where he will do things like row row row the boat with her...I play with her rattles, chat lots to her, kiss her belly, play with her feet etc when I am doing a nappy change.

And I have just taught her last night to poke her tongue out...she keeps looking at her Daddy now and doing it to him, then grinning big afterwards :haha:

Thank you everyone for your feeding advice :flower:

Dani, thank you for giving me your schedule, ours is actually very similar to yours in the morning. I am jealous that you have set feeds through out the day, George would be on the breast all day if I let him! I am hoping that if I do schedule in an extra bottle, it will had a little bit of routine to our day.
You are welcome Jo, Amber used to lead the way with her feeds etc, and it seems she has fallen into her own routine...She will normally start fussing, or wake about 10 minutes either side of those feeds. She is pretty predictable...Good luck with adding the extra bottle, it may settle him for a bit longer to give you some hands free time :hugs:

dani I migh take a trip to sainsburies tomorrow as long as I promise to stay out the baby section :haha: I have a new obsession with mam dummies cos they have different designs and were cheap in sainsburies and asda! He has 6 now and 6 for 6 month + don't look like I'll be weaning him off that anytime soon!!

I am selling my angelcare monitor as I don't use it, if u know of any pregnant ladies who want one do u think £50 is decent price? Never Been used just took it out the box to have a play :)

:haha: No more buying dummies!!! At least you will always have a back up!!
I bought some winnie the pooh and friends weaning spoons today in Morrisons, 50p for a pack of 2!!! I keep finding bargains lately.

£50 is a good price!!

I have been looking at weaning spoons, bowels and plates :haha: Have decided to hold off until 4 months. In our area they don't advise weaning before 20 weeks, so I still have 6 to go before I give Evan some pureed pear :D She also said a combination of TLW and BLW is good. Seems like the obvious way forward, a bit of both :)

Haha Dani, I just decided to poke my tongue out at Evan, it seems to be the funniest thing in the world :rofl: He stuck it out too :happydance:

He has this really cute Tshirt that has a big smilie face on it. It is the Tshirt that will never see daylight as the 2 times he has worn it he has been sick all over it before we even go out :D

Evas playing in his jumperoo YAY :wohoo: Before he has only ever sat in it staring at things then crying :D

Leo likes his too is good for him standing with his reflux. weaning is rec 6months here but from 4 mths. HV said 4 mths fine for Leo with him being big and needing more feeding. He's still every 2 hrs in day but at about 6pm he feeds until anything between 2-3 hrs solid but does sleep through til 7-7.30.

Kelly have great break.

OMG, my sister went to hospital at 5am with terrible back ache and tightenings!! She is on the monitor, but they can only monitor one twin as the other keeps moving. Dunno yet if this is labour.

She's 33 weeks tomorrow.

:wohoo:

Good luck to your sister AM.

I dont want to go to work...and dont want to wake up monkey man to gt ready to go to Aunty Niki's. Its soo cold and yucky outside today.

I hate snow. The end.

Madelyn is still sleeping! But it is just nearly 7am, so she may not be hungry yet. Bottle is made and ready.

Predicted 12-18in of snow in my area. Thankfully its not that 18-24in I was hearing about! But its not too far away that 18-21in is predicted. Hope the power does not go out! That is my main worry now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->