~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

He got stuck :haha: He couldn't see the road and went off in to a ditch, thankfully some kids with a truck helped him out.

Its just getting worse at this point, but hey, we are warm and cozy thus far so we should be fine. :D

Hope everyone is well. OH is home today & tomorrow so may not be on much as he gets ... "jealous" LOL

Hey ladies.....gosh, I've been busy! Just caught up on last couple of pages...sorry if I leave anyone out!

Silas....sorry to hear about the snow...hope your power doesn't go out!

Jo: £27 is way too much for 2nd hand! Mine was £26 new on Amazon including Free P&P. Good luck with the weighing :)

Soph: I got my spin & explore off eBay...there were a few on there when I bought mine. Just had a quick look and there are lots on there now....just most people charge way over the odds for p&p!!!

Talking about bargains....I bought Kai some clothes in Peacocks yesterday. Got a few t-shirts for 6-9months for £1 each.

He seems to like his Bumbo, spin&explore and his Jumperoo! OH has been going mad at me about all the stuff I've been buying :blush: But Kai so deserves it all cos he's a good boy...that's what I tell him :lol:

With regards to playing, Kai isn't keen on toys just yet. He prefers silly faces and sounds, songs and hand playing. He still loves his cot mobiles but other toys (apart from his jumperoo) he doesn't really get yet.

My poor baby is still teething :( It's been nearly 3 weeks now and no tooth! I've been letting him chew on my fingers as he doesn't seem to understand teething toys yet. Dentinox teething gel only works for a few minutes. A friend mentioned to me about amber teething necklaces so I've ordered one. Am very sceptical but it can't hurt to try it!

I had to take Kai off the Dentinox Colic Drops as he was having lots of diarrhoea :( I'm now weaning him off the Colief though as he seems to be much better now.

He's been doing a really scary thing at night lately. He'll be completely asleep but will suddenly cry...a proper scared/hurt cry. I have to wake him up to make it stop....no idea what it can be but it scares the hell out of me when he does it! Anyone else had this?

Took him swimming on Sunday.....he bloody loved it! :D
He had his 2nd lot of jabs last week and was sooo good!
We've been invited on baby massage course...starts 6th Feb for 6 weeks, once a week. Really looking forward to it as it'll get us both out of the flat!

Other than that, he's still sleeping in his moses basket. Has to fall asleep on me then I transfer him over. But he refuses to sleep in it during the day so I either have him on me or he goes in his swing. Really need to sort that out as hoping to put him in his room at night soon.

Have last HV visit on Thursday...cant wait to see what he weighs!

Another long one, sorry! Just don't have time to sit and get on the laptop these days...been so busy!
Will try to catch up more often!

Have added a couple of photos of him on his spin & explore from a couple of weeks ago and one picture taken today in his new clothes!

Attachments

• 2011-01-20 13.57.13.jpg
    2011-01-20 13.57.13.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2011-01-20 13.56.50.jpg
    2011-01-20 13.56.50.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 4
pixelle he has SO much hair - lol

Leo loved swimming too - I think I'm gonna get him into some baby classes.

Have also just been looking at baby massage and signing although they have to be 6 months for the signing.

Have emailed a couple of local mums about bumbo's they have for sale but if I don't get a response I'll take a look on Amazon.

Am going to the clinic tomorrow with a lady who lives on my street who little boy is about a month older than Leo. I don't know her really and I don't think she has many friends with babies locally either so hopefully we can hit it off and start some of these classes together.

Jo xx

hi ! soph I paid 8 quid.. if its the site Im thinking of NM im a member to but keep forgetting to check for the sling i want to buy!

libby slept till 11.30 for a 3oz feed then went bk down and woke 4 for a 3 oz feed then woke at 6.50 and had a 5oz feed all in her big girl cot :)

I love Kai's hair!!!! im so jealous as I have a baby no hair x

oh forgot to mention she is full on laughing now, so cute...she first laughed at me calling her a little sod lol

I am watching a load :) so might get one over the next week!

We had 8-11.55, 2.45 then wanted to play! fell asleep again about 3.35.

I thought I'd found the perfect nappy but wee leaked up his back. All a bloody nightmare :(

which one? we dnt need to change libby all night if she hasnt pood, just put a shitload of cream, hav u tried pampers superdry?

Asda comfort dry been perfect the past 3 days til last night. Wondering if I did them up tight enough! I don't change evan either. Pampers and huggies he was waking up damp. No haven't tried super dry Ill get a pack if it happens again!

I'm shattered *yawn*

oh forgot to mention she is full on laughing now, so cute...she first laughed at me calling her a little sod lol

Go libby!! We don't have full laughing yet but proper giggling :) especially when I poke my Tongue out at him! He sticks it out a bit too :) (thanks for the tip dani) he also holds his sophie giraffe properly now and will grab it if I put her on his chest :) don't have to put his hands on her to get him to hold her!

Still not really wanting to roll over as much as I try, lazy arse! But he did spin 45 degrees in my bed last night. Woke up and he was sideways lol!!

I am considering trying him in his cot in his room as o disrupt his sleep when I go to bed. Hr still wakes at least 2/3 times for food so dunno if I can be arsed!

ahhh yeh we hav been sticking our tongues out with her since birth.. now it means dummy when she is tired lol

pixelle: teething can go on forever :( Pixie it teething just now but it could be a month or more till a teethy-peg pops up.

good night again last night :) 9pm - 7am :D

will u lot just stop it! haha when is it my turn! cant grumble really last night was a good night and she pretty much settled again after feeds but she is only taking 3 oz at her dream feed and 3 oz at her 4am feed! she must just need it to get thru x

she might just be waking with habit hun. is it a hunger cry you get from her?

not really thinking about it.. maybe I should just try and settle her tonight. Her nap this morning isnt going well that means grumpy libby today she just isnt settling up there x

madame sometimes girns at about 4am but settles straight back down either by herself or if we give her the dummy x

when is your dream feed too?

Kai slept from 20.00 to 7.30am! Was worried he'd wake as he hadn't eaten since 18:40 so was tempted to wake him up....but didn't as he'd had 26oz during the day....which is a lot for him!
He's now been asleep since 8.30am......sleepy baby!

He usually stirs a lot during the night. Not sure if it's the cold or it's because he keeps spitting his dummy out! I have to get up at least 6 times during the night to put it back in :lol:
Other than that, his usual bedtime is around 11pm with his last feed between 8-10pm....usually he's up between 6 and 7am.

Sometimes he wakes up and cries but it's not a hunger cry....so I just let him know I'm there and rock his moses basket til he falls back to sleep. He's been doing this for a while and I mistook it for him wanting to feed at first...now I know he just wants comforting.

thats interesting as libby takes 25/26 with the 4am feed need to add in another bottle then maybe x

Gemma, my mum pointed out to me that sometimes babies can get a bit thirsty between feeds, maybe just offer Libby water in the night and see if that settles her, she may then realise it is boring to wake in the night and she isn't gettting much so may drop it??

Amber has her jabs this afternoon :nope: Am so not looking forwards to it, Reagan was jabbed all the time because of being prem, so it was second nature with her, yet with Amber I feel myself getting anxious about it already!!

We dropped a bottle last night, she fell asleep at 7.30 after one and went through til 7.30 this morning, so do I need to try and increase her feeds during the day to make up for that? Otherwise will it have an affect on her weight, or does the percentile curve allow for things like that?

NM's is a great site, dunno why I didn't join it sooner!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->