~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Betheney, we use prune juice if needed. I dilute one ounce to two ounces of water. We have lost many a vest due to the prune juice :rofl:

What I do do though (coz I'm tight and we don't need it that often) is freeze the juice in ice cube trays as you usually have to use it within a few days of opening.

HTH
Jo xx

you know what, i would have never thought of that! :dohh:

You and me and AM......THANKS!!!! I'm going out later today i'll go buy prune juice and the lactulose stuff, if she refuses to take the prune juice i'll try the other stuff.

Thanks again!

AM how do you settle him at night? My mothers group nurse says to do the same at night and day, if you put them in a dark room at night do the same in the day, I did this because her day sleeps are terrible and I was surprised how well she took to the bassinett during the day, i would say it works 70% of the time. Also I'm dreading she lets it all out tomorrow at mothers group. I will make sure I take a change of clothes for her.

when its time for pixie's naps during the day we pull the blackout blind down but not all the way so she can still distinguish night and day if that makes sense? find that typically she'll go to sleep after 2 hours of "activity" and will sleep for around 1.5/2h :)

:wave: April where ya been?? How's everything?

Hmm well betheney he has bath, massage, bottle or boob with story then he goes in his crib with the mobile. I'll pop dummy in mouth about 10 times eventually I just have to leave him to cry for 5 mins when he usually goes to sleep after putting the dummy in. This process bath to sleep is around 2.5 hours. I've picked up put down aswell.

He cries almost as soon as he goes down , not a scream but a whining! Then starts spitting out the dummy.

Cuddling him ti sleep seems like my only option :( he just never settles to bed :( I've changed times too earlier and later, no better!

He falls asleep anywhere in day all different times x

for putting Evan down have you tried patting him on the back and shhh'ing him? we have the static noise maker on or a radio would work... do that for 10mins and usually they're zonked out :D

AFM: well, tried missy-moo on some baby rice - she ate it but she's so impatient with her food so started giving me the evils as if to say

"yeah ok, that's yum n all but give me a bottle!" :haha:

my baby is 3 months today - i can't believe it :cloud9:

Postnatal group covered sleep today. When I told her I start the routine at 7.30ish but Evan won't sleep til 10 she said well why don't you start the routine at 9.30 as 10 might be his current natural bedtime :dohh:

Wish me luck for tonight :D

Evan is wearing his Amber necklace, it is cute :) I am slightly paranoid about strangulation but I don't think it poses a risk if we are careful!

New MeiTai came in the post. Lets not lose this one!

I am giving Evan formula today to see if it makes any difference. I fed him booby at 8 and he had 5oz at 11am :)

Pichi I read Annabelle Karmel last night. I am deffo TW and I can't wait :) Some of the food looks sooo cool!! Mini burgers and stuff :D

I am not going to BLW cos I don't eat the same time as Evan and I don't want to have my dinner at 5pm :D I also want Evan to eat better than me BLW would make me eat better but I do struggle cooking for 1.

Pichi I read Annabelle Karmel last night. I am deffo TW and I can't wait :) Some of the food looks sooo cool!! Mini burgers and stuff :D

I am not going to BLW cos I don't eat the same time as Evan and I don't want to have my dinner at 5pm :D I also want Evan to eat better than me BLW would make me eat better but I do struggle cooking for 1.

im the same as you. I have the Annabelle Karmel book :D my little hand blender at the ready :thumbup:

got some free fruit cereal through the door for Pixie today :D

April :hugs: - you and yours are in my thoughts

I TW with both my girls (before the introduction of the INITIALS ;)) but am gonna try BLW this time I think.

Jo xx

Sorry about your uncle April.

I'll do TW, as it will be much easier for me (that and OH thinks nachos or ramen noodels are a good dinner).

Started my new shift today, after calling in sick yesterday...and of course OH was a right dick about it, b/c he wanted to sleep longer.

oh yeah forgot to mention.

I went to get Jaxon up to get him fed and ready for the day...he was on his stomach again, with his face down in the mattrice! Scared the living shit out of me, he was breathing THANK GOD! Now i gotta figure out a way to keep him on his side or back when sleeping, or I wont be sleeping anymore!

if he's able to roll off his tum onto his back he should be fine :)

I havent seen him roll of his tum to his back yet...which is what worries me. He was face planted onto his mattrice...normally he's on his stomach with face on the side, sucking on his fist, but not today....

I probably wont be sleeping to well anymore.

I TW with both my girls (before the introduction of the INITIALS ;)) but am gonna try BLW this time I think.

Jo xx

I might have to buy the book and have a proper read but I eat when Evan is asleep so he will rarely get the opportunity to nick stuff off my plate! Also I can't really afford to buy lots of fingery type foods for him to spend ages "playing" with it and not actually eating.

I'll start him on the puree's as I think that is good for him to get a taste of different foods (he wouldn't really get through BLW in my house!) then I have annabelle Karmels finger food book which was AWESOME, all different kinds of dips, mini burgers, vegetable crisps allsorts :)

I think I will eat better by doing TW :haha:

I feel like shit today. I had a RUBBISH nights sleep and felt rubbish when rushing to get ready for Post Natal Group, I must have got no more than 3 hours last night. Maybe also cos it is V-Day, not that I have ever been upset on V-Day before! Or maybe cos my monkey was concieved a year ago today and as much as I wouldn't change him for the world the argument and friendships I had it has since ruined makes me a little sad (not talking about his dad, couldn't give a shit we don't speak) but everything else :(

Jo xx

I might have to buy the book and have a proper read but I eat when Evan is asleep so he will rarely get the opportunity to nick stuff off my plate! Also I can't really afford to buy lots of fingery type foods for him to spend ages "playing" with it and not actually eating.

I'll start him on the puree's as I think that is good for him to get a taste of different foods (he wouldn't really get through BLW in my house!) then I have annabelle Karmels finger food book which was AWESOME, all different kinds of dips, mini burgers, vegetable crisps allsorts :)

I think I will eat better by doing TW :haha:

aww i dont have that book. i have the puree book :)

The puree one has the menu's and schedule in the back (I need that to keep me on track)

The finger foods just has tons of different ideas :) Get it!!! I can send u some ideas first before if u dont wanna waste your money x

I managed to give Evan formula at 11am (4oz) and 1.45pm (3oz) then he had booby at 3pm when he woke up :dohh:

i think i have a different book cos i can't see a schedule or anything in the back of mine :dohh: if you could send some ideas that'd be awesome.

i bought a bento recipe book for when she's older... make her up a wee bento box for her lunch hehe... that's the japanese obsession showing again haha

Di u have 100 top purees or something??

I will put the schedule onto a spreadsheet in the nxt few days and email it, that will get u through the first 4 weeks and you'll have those recipies in your book!

aw thanks hun. appreciated :D yeah i have the 100 purée's book :dohh:

My OH and I are planning on starting to make up some puree's here in the next week or two, so we have it ready when we start weaning Jaxon. We already have a cuppord full of jars, as it was free, given to us by my brother after my nephew stopped eating it. We also have four great big huge boxes of rice cereal.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->