~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I want a jumparoo, but they are just to expensive we got him an excersauser instead. He just recently started to enjoy it.

Hugs to you Silas. Hope things work out.

:hugs: Silas, sorry things are so tough for you at the moment.
Hope you manage to get things sorted with the dreaded tax man AM :growlmad:
It's another week until Erin became our little twinkle :winkwink: I remember it because we were NTNP and I said to OH,' I think we've just made a baby' after we DTD :blush:
Hope all the sore bottoms are feeling better today!

aw pixie is still too small for her jumperoo. she just kinda sits perfectly in the bottom of the seat :haha:

This time last year I was a few weeks pregnant with my baby bean! I lost him/her on the 25th Feb. (so I conceived Megan almost STRAIGHT away after losing bean!)

I asked OH about getting Megan a jumperoo and he said yes but not yet as shes too young! Just looked on mothercare and it says from 6 months!? :s

I am VERY VERY impressed this evening! So Megan was really tired this evening but because we were late home we skipped parts of her bedtime routine (no bath and no massage) plus daddy fed her expressed breast milk whilst I sorted Alysha out. This meant we put Megan into her crib wide awake!

But she didn't make any fuss at all, she was so contented that she has fallen asleep by herself!

I am SOOOO amazed, I really thought she might kick up a fuss for some booby and she is so used to me putting her to bed.

Happy Happy

who else is exclusively breastfeeding?

Eva usually poops every 4-5 days but now it's been over a week (which has happened in the past) anyway last night she was trying to poop and she was straining so hard!! She got really upset, bright red face, extremely tense body and it was more than just fussing she was crying and screaming. Wheb I went to change her nappy I was expecting a big one and it was really small and like a really really thick paste.... Like a thick hard to spread peanut butter. Anyway we repeated the whole process again later on resulting in another tiny thick poo..... Everything points to constipation but everything I read says it's extremely rare in breastfed babies......

So I'm just asking the other breastfeeders on here, has your baby ever done these extremely thick poos?

We have and bf babies can and do get constipated, Evan hasn't been since Thursday! It is thicker cos its been in the gut longer and there is less water in the stool, making it harder to pass and thicker x

AM what should I do? I tried giving her water but it was impossible and she only got 1\2oz. I was a right mess!!! Usually i'm pretty easy going but when I knew she was in pain I couldnt handle it, hubby had to take over.

Thanks heaps for your help, have her go great gaps between poos never bothered me before I thought it was great but if it is going to lead to this.......

Blimey...Amber shits every nappy change, maybe she goes too much then? :-k

No wonder her bum is sore!! :rofl:

If you can't get water in her, then Lactulose is great stuff, it takes a little while to work through the system, so don't give it and think it hasn't worked then give her more, or she will end up going the opposite way!! I think Sophie uses this with Evan so knows how to use it? (I forgot from with Reagan!!)

Prune juice is also good...and much to HV's disgust, a little brown sugar in cooled boiled water!!

I have used lactulose a few times. 2.5ml twice a day, kicks in within 24 hours usually. I give it using a syringe and my piggy baby loves it (it's sugar syrup)

evan doesn't take much water either. My hv said to eat things that would make me go as that would effect my milk and help evan go, I never did that though.

Evan is weird he used to be an every nappy shitter til he went on gavisvon and even since coming off it his shitting us unpredictable. Every otherday, every 3 days, then twice a day!! I'm dreading going out in the morning to post natal group :haha:

I've taken to wrapping him in a blanket and cuddling him on the sofa til he falls asleep then putting him down. This way he doesn't scream for 2 hours and I get to watch tv. But he's gonna get relient on me isn't he? He won't settle any other way I've tried everything!!

Evan got me a valentines card :haha:

You and me and AM......THANKS!!!! I'm going out later today i'll go buy prune juice and the lactulose stuff, if she refuses to take the prune juice i'll try the other stuff.

Thanks again!

AM how do you settle him at night? My mothers group nurse says to do the same at night and day, if you put them in a dark room at night do the same in the day, I did this because her day sleeps are terrible and I was surprised how well she took to the bassinett during the day, i would say it works 70% of the time. Also I'm dreading she lets it all out tomorrow at mothers group. I will make sure I take a change of clothes for her.

Betheney, we use prune juice if needed. I dilute one ounce to two ounces of water. We have lost many a vest due to the prune juice :rofl:

What I do do though (coz I'm tight and we don't need it that often) is freeze the juice in ice cube trays as you usually have to use it within a few days of opening.

HTH
Jo xx

I want a jumparoo, but they are just to expensive we got him an excersauser instead. He just recently started to enjoy it.

Hugs to you Silas. Hope things work out.

I got Bryelle's jumparoo off craigslist. Try that.

Left OH today, only to just come right back.

UGH - I hate my liiiife. (Except for my babies of course)

:wave: April where ya been?? How's everything?

Hmm well betheney he has bath, massage, bottle or boob with story then he goes in his crib with the mobile. I'll pop dummy in mouth about 10 times eventually I just have to leave him to cry for 5 mins when he usually goes to sleep after putting the dummy in. This process bath to sleep is around 2.5 hours. I've picked up put down aswell.

He cries almost as soon as he goes down , not a scream but a whining! Then starts spitting out the dummy.

Cuddling him ti sleep seems like my only option :( he just never settles to bed :( I've changed times too earlier and later, no better!

He falls asleep anywhere in day all different times x

Hi AM! :wave: Thanks Hon! :hugs: Been super busy moving, having some PPD and have not been on laptop in FOREVER!!! LOL I hate getting on here on my iphone. Too many typos and drives me crazy and kills my battery when I really need it. LOL

Majm I'm too on my phone and it really is hugely annoying

AM -I'm not sure I wish I had better advice, do you not have any sleep schools where you are? did you try just the crib mobile party with dummy during the day? We have a long night process but just do the bassinett light off part during the day. Every time I put Eva.down she would whine then I discovered if I leave her there she goes to sleep on her own. If she cries I pick her up, otherwise a couple of sooks and off she goes.

Silas -I'm so incredibly sorry, I wish I had some decent advice. Maybe if you really want to leave you should give yourself an amount of time before allowing yourself to come back,.say next time you leave if you decide to you are not to come back for 6 days. Maybe it's the idea that its over forever that makes you go running back. It's valentines maybe a nice night together will bring you both back together..... I know when we are having a rough couple of months or weeks a night together seems to bring us back together...... Mind you I'm not a professional

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->