~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

u vant really, libby is same, hated being swaddled, nothing we can do they are becomming more aware that hands and feet are part of them and not environment and they can control them...try some "wind down" time as he may be a bit overstimulated for sleep...easier said than done tho x

So the last 2 days I've not gone out once and attempted a routine my mothers group nurse lady suggested. During the day 1.5hrs awake 1.5hrs asleep and follow the eat, play and sleep routine and after 2 days it's pretty fricking good. I kept thinking that she wasnt ready for sleep and was getting put down too soon but she went straight out. We kept this going throughout the whole day and she was always content and happy.

Megan just doesn't sleep during the day unless we are out! Help me - what can I do?

My nurse midwife lady (i have no idea of her official title) says to do what you do at night, not in the bath, book, bed huge routine but if I always put Eva in our bedroom with the light off to go to bed at night do that for her day time naps too, I did this and now she sleeps much better in the day. She said babies must know that it's sleep time. Don't confuse them by doing differenr routines in the day.

So today I was doing this after she had been awake for 1.5hrs, she didn't always sleep for 1.5hrs but ast least she slept and was regularly napping.

Well, I feel like a shit mum right now. Pixie was on the change mat as she does every day. Went to the bathroom for a sec to hear a thud. Pixie had managed to roll off. I am in bits just now. Her mat has high sides n everything! She managed to roll over it. . . Just been to have her checked out

aww poor pixie, don't blame yourself though hun! Accidents happen and trust me there will be plenty more where that came from!
I remember when Alysha was about 18months and she fell over whilst we were walking home from the shops one day, she scrapped all her nose up and I felt SOOOO bad. Felt like people were staring at me all the time she had a sore nose thinking I was a bad mum.

[IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/KayleyD86/Alysha/Picture003.jpg[/IMG]

Megan is a right pain in the bum sometimes, shes always whinging unless I'm holding/cuddling her and I can't often get things done.

Anyway today I thought 'enough' so I left her whinging on her playmat whilst I went and set up her cot bedding! (hadn't done so previously as she has always been in her crib!)

Anyway I have closed her curtains and I put on her cot mobile and she was up in her cot chatting away to herself for the last 20minutes! Just went to check on her and shes fallen asleep!!!!

I am sooo pleased, I am looking forward to going to pick her up and giving her a cuddle - but not until she wakes up!! hehe.

Hope it works every time though!

awww manda :hugs: ur not a shit mum accidents happen, remember when libby fell off my chest? hope she is ok but they are pretty tough xx

Pixies sleeping just now in her cot. oh my heart feels so heavy just now - my poor little pixie :( i nearly had a panic attack when i seen what had happened...all is well though. she was giggling at the nurses and even got a few fans in the hospital on the way up to the childrens ward. everyone saying how she's such a placid wee cutie :cloud9:

other news besides me feeling awful! we went to view a house yesterday which seems to have potential. i like it more than OH though i think.

Awww, Pichi. Hope she's ok....and that you are too. But accidents do happen, doesn't make you a shit mum though :flower:

Kayley: Kai rarely sleeps in the day, unless he's in the car! This morning he slept from 9am to around 11am but that's the first time in weeks! I've tried everything to get him to sleep, doing the same things as bedtime etc, but nothing has worked. I guess he just likes to play too much! :lol: He's very clingy too and I never get time to do anything, until OH comes home. It did stress me out but now I just have to accept it's a stage he's going through and it won't be forever. Hope sleeping Megan continues for you :)

I've just had my Chocolate Club tasting box through (It was free and I got cashback too :D)....OMG they smell delicious!

Bought some baby rice yesterday just so I have some ready. Got no spoons or bowls though. There are so many different ones I dont know what to get...anyone got some already?
Will probably do TLW and BLW combined...I know its supposed to be one or the other but I had both and lots of people I know too...we'll see!
)

Anyone?

I just got tommee tippee spoons they change colour if too hot and any bowls will do really just pick some up from asda baby aisle!

hate to tell u this but libby doesnt sleep through the day and when she does 2-3 hours it usually means she is gonna go into a growth spurt :haha: x

Thank you GG...was looking at the colour changing ones so might give them a go.

I don't let the non sleeping stress me out anymore....the flat will get tidy when I have time to do it! Just means I get to play with Kai more and see him laugh and smile....and put up with the grumps but I'll take the rough with the smooth :rofl:
Oh and I'll forever be zombie looking....but hey! :lol:

He didn't have his 12 week spurt....maybe he's started late! :lol:

Think I might start a journal....but don't know if I'll keep it up! :lol:

I'm supposed to be cleaning, yet I'm looking through here...bad me! :lol:

yeh same pixelle, although she has catnaps in my arms the house is a bombsite so when she is asleep on me I just sit on my arse with the laptop next to me haha! and get "your not a very good housewife" and "you should put her down on her mat and tidy up" I dont like just leaving her playing I like to play with her! He just dumps her infront of the tv!

oh and now she is has been in her cot for 20m and im stiull sitting on the laptop lol!

:lol: GG

OH does the same! Plonks him down while he "rests" i.e Plays a stooooopid game on his laptop. Meanwhile I'm running around trying to sterilise bottles, tidy up, sort out nursery, get bath ready....etc etc etc!
And he moans when there's no clean shirts etc ....he has arms and legs, he can put them on when he gets home from work or do it at weekend! Harsh eh?! :lol:
He thinks cos he's been at work, he gets to rest when he gets home....er...think again! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->