~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Pichi - Accidents do happen. Maddy has fallen off the couch twice. :dohh: & today I got up really fast to get on to Joseph and the computer fell off the chair and hit her in the face. :(

Ok, I have a serious question, something I am VERY worried about. Madelyn will not put any weight on her legs. She wont even stiffen them up. I don't know if this is normal at all, especially at 3 months. Its really starting to make me worry. Do you gals know anything about this type of thing?

Thanks girls :flower:

Pixelle we have tommee tippee stuff :) the change colour spoons aren't great. We just got the 4m+ spoons... 99P :thumbup:

Wish I could help with the whole no weight on legs thing. That's one thing pixie has always liked doing.

She's had a bottle and gone down for another nap. Poor baby :(

Pichi :hugs: try not to feel guilty hun, accidents happen all the time, it is the mum's that end up feeling worse for it, the babies generally tend to 'bounce' and after the initial shock are okay :haha: I fell up the stairs once with Reagan as a baby, she was fine, I cried my eyes out!!!

Kala, I don't really have any advice as Evan has put weight on his legs almost since birth.

Does she straighten her legs out when laying down? When I started giving Evan baby massage when I put my hands on his torso and then moved my hands down to his feet his legs would almost tense up and his body and legs would go dead straight. Maybe give that a go and see if she does that.

Here is a 3 month milestone:

The Third Month:
Begins to bear partial weight on both legs when held in a standing position

So I would not worry just yet hun and maybe everyday hold her in the standing position and eventually she may start doing it?

Pichi, Poor Pixie but these things happen. We've got waaaaaaaaaaaaay more accidents to come with our babies :haha:

I need to get some weaning spoons and bowls I have nothing. The longer I don't have it then I won't be tempted :)

silas dont worry my cousins baby daniel is 8 weeks older and has only just started, just a bit lazy :hugs:

Pichi, Poor Pixie but these things happen. We've got waaaaaaaaaaaaay more accidents to come with our babies :haha:

I need to get some weaning spoons and bowls I have nothing. The longer I don't have it then I won't be tempted :)

i was gonna buy the rice today but thought no as il be too tempted!

i was gonna buy the rice today but thought no as il be too tempted!

we have the rice and already tried pixie on a little bit. she loved it - but her little tum isn't quite ready for it yet i don't think.

i didn't buy most of my weaning stuff - i got it given to me from friends and family in hampers, nappy cake and just general presents. We have tommee tippee for the most part though.

i think that MAM stuff is quite funky though :haha: so tempted to get some MAM bottles for #2. the one's that self sterilise :thumbup: but then that would be pointless seeing as though i have so much TT stuff

Self sterilise? How does that work then? Sounds great for a lazy cow like me ;)

As the other have said pichi, don't worry too much - these things happen.

GG, I'm on page 30 of your journal - I WILL make it to the end :D

AFM - Leo usually has one of his two bottles as his last feed (about 8/830) and goes through to anytime between 5 and 6 (although it was 630 this morning :happydance:) but I gave him booby tonight so fingers crossed he'll still go through but I'm convinced he won't.

We're really loving baby sensory classes and are learning lots of new songs and games. He's starting to show an interest in rolling over but I still think he's a good few weeks from actually doing it.

He was 12lb 2oz at his last weigh in so he's pretty much maintaining a 5oz a week gain and is sticking on the 25th after dropping from the 50th.

I've got a great BLW book to read so I'll shut up and go start it (we also haven't bought any weaning gear yet).

:hugs: to all
Jo xx

PS soph, our tickers aren't working because the server is down.

i think i'm going to stick to traditional weaning... and maybe try blw with #2. i speak about this baby #2 as though i'm already pregnant again! lol (i'm not!)

oh i so hope that we get this house - it would be just perfect. it has a funky loft conversion bedroom for mummy and daddy ;)

All my worrying about Amber not liking tummy time...well we persevered with it...and tonight she rolled over 3 times!! :dance:

Time is going way too quick though!!

woohoo! well done Amber! whats this ticker i see... you're coming off the pill?

I have three boxes of rice, and one box of oatmeal and a cuppord full of jars (stage 2's) all were given to me from my brother and his wife, as my nephew no longer eats it. The didnt want it to go to waste so they gave it to Jaxon! YAY I love free stuff.

Went out and got spoons and bowls today, as well as size two nipples. I also stearlized the 3mth + bottles my best friend gave me. Ill decide if Jaxon will stay with Dr. Browns or go to the other brand. Which ever he likes best.

woohoo! well done Amber! whats this ticker i see... you're coming off the pill?

:haha: Yep Yep!!! Spoke to my doctor few weeks back, and she advised a safe waiting time for me and a future bubba would be 6 months after my section before TTC, it will be a week short of 7 months when I come off of it!!

I never wanted anymore after the journey with Reagan, eventually got my head around it all, hence Amber being here...and now I know I CAN carry a baby to full term I want another one!!

If I hadn't of had sections, I would probably be NTNP right now :dohh:

i had a section too but we don't want to try till Pixie is near the 1 year mark - that and we have sorted out all our living arrangements! so jealous! i feel really broody despite missy-moo only being 3months!

I thought my broodiness was down to hormones and would go...4 months on and it is still there :dohh:

Awww, you are trying later this year though aren't you?

I have a 5 year gap between my two, so just as Reagan started full time school in september, I got a bit of freedom back for a few hours a day, then along came Amber in October, and it felt (at the time) like a huge step backwards...so I want a smallish gap between Amber and another one...and I will be 33 this October :blush:

Aw u guys are talking about having more bubbas already!! Elleah being our first i wanna wait 3-4 years till the next one , DH wants them no more than 2 years apart.

Tough lol, im the one that has to go thru all the pain again. I had a section also so want to make sure my body is well and truly recovered. So after 6 months its safe hey you&me?? I would have thought it was longer than that? Thats great though xxx

Here are some recent pics of Elleah for u all x

Attachments

• Photo0336.jpg
    Photo0336.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0328.jpg
    Photo0328.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0324.jpg
    Photo0324.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0289.jpg
    Photo0289.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0263.jpg
    Photo0263.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3
I am so annoyed with OH anymore. Can't even type too much as he'll see and will snatch computer from me and get pissed cause I am tlking about him!!! :cry: Just so fed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->