~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Hi kayley, one oz prune juice to two oz water - it's magic potion ;)

Jo xx

Thanks for that GG and FGS-my mum managed to track down some prune juice so I'm going to try it tomorrow.

I feel like a crap mum right now...Amber has nappy rash...again!!! Everything I do clears it up for a few days then it comes right back again, I am changing her every hour to help with it, smothering her in creams...but as soon as she poops (which is every nappy) it seems to be burning her bum!! And I can't even remember if this is part of teething symptoms or not?

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :nope:

yeh it is.. because she is producing more salivia and swallows it, it turns the urine more acidic :hugs: nothing u can do but keep doing what ur doing xx

I am at work bored as its slow. So I stopped in on the First Trimester board....November Sparklers 2011 thread has started!!! Crazy!

you&me do you put cream on even when her tush isn't sore?

Bartness, that's madness!!

Jo, yes I do, maybe I should leave it off so when it is needed it is more effective?

I am at work bored as its slow. So I stopped in on the First Trimester board....November Sparklers 2011 thread has started!!! Crazy!

That just gave me a little lump in my throat, this time last year it was us!

Dani I hope Amber's bum soon heals up bless her x

Hey Jo :wave: How are you and little Georgie doing?

Jo, yes I do, maybe I should leave it off so when it is needed it is more effective?

I believe so yes.

Also as far as I'm aware the cream acts as a barrier and therefore the nappy isn't soaking up all the wee so it's sitting closer to their tush for longer. Does that make sense?

I used to do the same with DD1 who always had nappy rash. With DD2 and Leo I only ever use the cream if there is soreness and neither have had a problem (well, Leo not as yet anyway).

Jo xx

I'm bored Eva is still asleep at 9am and she went off at 11pm, so a very big sleep today, which is good because I plan on being out all day shopping. Does anyone know if it's bad for breastfeeders to go this long? It hasn't caused any problems yet and it's been like this for a while.

You&me - maybe just lots of no nappy time, you know sudocream? I hear it's the best or I know one called curash which also make wipes, I use those wipes with every change and we've never had nappy rash.

I don't use cream in evan, he hasn't had a sore bum since he was 2 weeks old and i used johynsons wipes, so sore it bled :(

I do put it on his bikini line creases though when they look red :)

have u tried bepanthen?

why wont my baby be down to sleep? sleeps on me though grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Evas feeds have cut down heaps! From 3-4 hourly and lasting 20-30 mins to 4-5 hourly and barely lasting 10mins, I'm sure the fat on her legs has shrunk too, my next baby check up is not until mid march should I be worried?

No I don't think you should worry. Evan doesn;t seem to be chunking up either and he only put on 1lb 7oz in 4 weeks opposed to around 2 and a half pounds previosuly and he is still following his line. The get better at feeding, Evan feeds for 10 mins max now, every 3 hours or so (except at night :dohh:) I think because they are more active now ok not crawling but constantly moving, well Evan is anyway, playing, tummytime, jumperoo etc must be burning off come calories :)

Leo is the same and very very rarely feeds for longer than 10 mins.

He gains about 5oz per week 

Jo xx

Oooh I have a Post natal session on weaning tomorrow quite excited :haha:

I am off to bed so night night ladies xxx

We went to St Louis today to visit my mom. It hit around 70 degrees and it was a nice day until we figured Joseph was sick he was running a 102.5F :( we eventually got home andgot him some pedialyte and it helped him a lot and he actuLl
actually played A little.

Thanks Ladies :hugs:

I posted a thread about Amber's botty (she is gonna love me when older!!)...sending hubby down town soon to get some Metanium cream, will change back to my old brand nappies instead of these crappy pampers just cos they are on a brill offer...going to ditch the baby wipes whilst at home too and go back to water and cotton wool...will also leave the sudocream OFF once it is healed, is that a new thing?...With Reagan they advised to always use a barrier cream?

Hope you enjoy your weaning class today Sophie. :flower:

Bethaney, they say a sleep is as good as a feed, which is why you generally never wake a sleeping baby :thumbup: Amber had a 4 hour nap yesterday (very unusual) then went to bed at 8pm and slept til 7am, she seems to be gaining weight just fine, she managed to fit in her normal amount of milk by just feeding more regularly during her awake times....like already said weight gain slows down now because babies are more active.

I am sat in waiting for my new telly...managed to get a brilliant deal...42 inch LCD HD tv for less than half price...£879 down to £379 :happydance: went back to order another one for my bedroom (not that I need one that big in there reallyyyyyy!!) and it has now gone back up to full price!!

good morning girls.

Pixie slept much better last night. gave her some teething granuals and they seemed to do the trick... so she slept 8pm - 4am, had a little grump for 5mins then was up again for 7am for num nums.

her teeth have been bothering her as well as trapped wind again so her sleep has been crap the last week :dohh: waking up every 2h or so and taking forever to settle. poor baby :(

hope everyone is well :D

Just about to buy a Pallas 2 in 1 cos its £40 off from M&P and it's bright pink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->