~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

No Soph. I put Ash on his tummy from 2 weeks because he just prefered it. So long as you have a relatively hard mattress for him I reckon it is a-ok x

No its not bad idea to put Evan on his tummy. He's able to roll so he'll be able to get out of trouble. Besides he'll just roll over on to his tummy if its more comforable for him anyway.

ANy of you ladies with loads of tt bottles.. let me know if you wanting to sell unused ones.. just need a couple. they cost a fortune here and my friend flies back next week so i could pay you via paypal and you could just post to her. know it's a long shot but he seems to prefer the tt to avent
xx

no put him on his tummy.. its just where he is comfy, how many ppl as adults like sleeping on their back? I know I dont.. libby has since she was teeny and I dont worry anymore I if she cant breathe properly I notice she moves her head herself but im thankful i have the movement moniter x

I sleep on my back lol.

Megan isn't settling tonight. It's unlike her she normally goes straight off (its just through the night shes a pain!) :s

Kelly I posted about 6 TT bottles being £15 in ASDA. I could get some and post to you?

He is on his tummy but having a bit of a moan :(

Edit: The mattress is a sprung cotbed mattress so very firm :) I guess I just had the wind put up me a bit as I know it is against guidelines. Was asked if a decent nights sleep is worth the risk ...

ANy of you ladies with loads of tt bottles.. let me know if you wanting to sell unused ones.. just need a couple. they cost a fortune here and my friend flies back next week so i could pay you via paypal and you could just post to her. know it's a long shot but he seems to prefer the tt to avent
xx

I have a couple of 5oz ones that you can have but they are used (dont want anything for them) :D

AM i put Pixie on her tummy to sleep :)

if you are near a Home Bargains they have cheap TT bottles too

Kelly I posted about 6 TT bottles being £15 in ASDA. I could get some and post to you?

Edit: The mattress is a sprung cotbed mattress so very firm :) I guess I just had the wind put up me a bit as I know it is against guidelines. Was asked if a decent nights sleep is worth the risk ...

By whom?

xx

I have a couple of 5oz ones that you can have but they are used (dont want anything for them) :D

I have 2 5oz aswell I don't use. but if we don't use them I don't think Kelly will either :haha:

Ok so he's asleep, not even 10 mins! Have had to stick dummy in twice but have positioned his hand in front of his mouth :rofl:

Now I do have AC monitor but didn't like it (more like couldn't work it out lol) But I have said Lizzys sister can have it, maybe I might suggest I use it for the next month or 2 (just til Evan can roll over from back to tummy) then send it and I'll knock some money off as it will have been used. I don't think she is due until July. Is that mean of me? Sorry to Lizzy's sister if you read this or Lizzy for messing about, but I need to do whats best for us and your sis will still have the monitor (and for cheaper!!!)

By whom?

My sister :(

Soph, I only dont use it them coz he drinks more ;) they havent been used much but 1) I see what you're saying 9she prob wants 9oz ones) and 2) the t'asda deal is pretty good.

I think the monitor idea is spot on and not mean at all - I think you need to go about it this way for your own peace of mind :D

Jo xx

ETA: I think (and no disrespect) that you should just nod in all the right places, you're sister means well but you know Evan better than anyone and I (personally) think that he is old enough to move his head if he couldnt breath. Maybe your sis is a by-the-book-guidline kinda gal (my OH is and I know we would have "discussions" if Leo was a tummy sleeper) possibly exacerbated by her history (I hope you dont think I'm out of order saying that) but remember, they are just guidlines and what works for each baby is different :D

the guidelines used to be to put them on their tummy anyway and if you dont get any sleep are you not more likely to have an accident due to tiredness? leave the hob on ect ect? in a month or so he will roll on his tummy anyway if he is more comfy that way xx

I did leave the oven on last week :rofl:

Jo, that's what I meant!!! If Leo and Evan don't use them cos they drink more then so will Addison :haha: Not that your baby is a minger and she won't want second hand goods from you :rofl:

I did leave the oven on last week :rofl:

Jo, that's what I meant!!! If Leo and Evan don't use them cos they drink more then so will Addison :haha: Not that your baby is a minger and she won't want second hand goods from you :rofl:

Not sure if :blush: or :dohh: or :rofl: would be the most appropriate smiley!!

(Did you see my ETA about your sister? I agree with pichi & GG)

Hey AM :hi: I was reading lol! I'm sure my sister will be ok with that but obviously it's your monitor and if you need it, you need it! :thumbup:

AM if you need help with the monitor just give me a shout. we use the AC monitor and love it. i like the gentle glow from the light too to check on munchkin at night :)

like everyone else has said - if he likes to sleep on his tummy let him. he doesn't know what he should and shouldn't do, he's not read all the rules of the baby books. He'll do whatever he wants/needs to get comfy.. so if its on the tum that's where he'll go :) you'll find it helps if he's got trapped wind... Pixie farts like a trooper some nights :haha:

Cool well I won't PM her just yet as it is at my mums anyway so can't do anything until I see her Friday, I'll see how Evan goes tonight and tomorrow :) I just didn;t envisage needing it as didn;t think this would happen :)

Jo, all 3 smilies were just right :D I agree I have to do what is best for me and Evan taking everything into account and making a decision based on that! I am paranoid but I am also exhausted and Evan can't be sleeping as much as he should either. Plus reflux babies do find it easier sleeping on their tum, he is clearly much much more comfy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->