~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

The highchair is rather funkeh am :) think I'm going to have to try pixie on baby rice again. She shows no interest in her bottle :S she only takes about 5oz

Well done to your sis am

Bartness - Thats amazing that Jaxon is developing so well!! you must be proud as punch :-D

Eva is still so very behind on the lifting the head and chest off the ground, i thought she was better but she can really only just lift her face off and the rolling over stage? no interest whatsoever and she's no where near moving her legs to do anything! and i know that babies develop at different stages and if thats the reason she is behind then i'm fine with that i really couldn't care less, but if its because i never give her floor time (which i'm suspecting is the reason) then i feel like a terrible mother.... i made myself put my entire last week down on paper and i never really stopped once the whole week. Saturday i went to baby swim lessons then took Eva into the City in the afternoon and stayed and went out for dinner and then went to a pub for drinks (i wasn't drinking) until we got kicked out because we had a baby and it was kind of turning into a club, Then sunday i went shopping then went out to lunch with the girls as one just got back from a trip to Egypt and around Europe, Monday i went out for breakfast and then went shopping again, Tuesday i went to mothers group and then went and bought some groceries then i hosted my book club so i had a night full of food and gossiping, Wednesday i went shopping with my girlfriends and then we spent all day making masks and sewing, Thursday was hubbies birthday so i went and visited him at work then we went grocery shopping, to the real estate and to visit a gym (my bro wanted to sign up) then we went out for dinner and then to a late movie (unknown), Friday i was bored as i had nothing on that day so i drove to the shopping centre grabbed something i wanted then drove to a friends house and we spent all day watching movies, Saturday i went to the pool with Eva and hubby then spent the rest of the day getting ready for a party then at night i went to the party (photos included). These shopping days aren't short shops either i'm talking getting home at 6, most days i get home after my husband gets home from work and Eva is with me during ALL of this. I thought i was being really clever going out so easily with a baby and having such a high social life (way more now than before she was born) pretending to be a super mum who can do anything with a baby on my side, but now that Eva is so behind i feel like such a tool, like she's suffered because i wanted to seem like an amazing mum who can have it all, i'm such an idiot and i feel sorry for Eva that she has such a twit for a mother, i never read to her or give her tummy time or play time because i'm never at home. STUPID!!!! i always care what other people think, i know everyone likes to say they don't but i do! which is why i buy Eva an expensive outfit every week for mothers group and why i like to go out every day with my baby so it gives the impression my life is fantastic (which i felt it was, i wasn't trying to live a lie) and i also love being so sociable, i have breakfast/lunch/dinner with my girlfs and its so much fun to catch up and gossip and have such a wonderfull life but now look! i care so much about that side of things and not enough about my baby she is now horribly behind. I mean i'm going to try and make a better effort now.... although i did say that a week ago and failed. I just can't stay home, its not just that i like to show off by going out all the time but i HAVE to go out at least once in a day i get fidgetty if i stay home too long. The one day i could of stayed home was friday and i rang my friend because i just HAD to go out..... URGH!!!! IDIOT!!!!

I just feel like such a moron for caring about the wrong things and it affecting my baby in the process, the one thing that i love more than anything in this world.... how did i let that happen????...... terrible mother!!

i hear of babies developing and it all sounds so exciting and Eva really is the same as always... like i said i don't mind if its just her natural way of developing but i really think its my fault.

I'm sorry for my depressing post. i very rarely have a big sad one, maybe its because its 1am so i'm feeling a little tired and when i'm tired i'm miserable, i'll probably regret writing all this in the morning. Bit of a feelings post i should change it to my journal.

Congrats aunty Anna.

Leo has been on porridge for a week now for breakfast and t and he loves it. At breakfast he eats more than t.

However he is going through the night again and so much happier.

:hugs: Betheney...don't beat yourself up about it...babies really do hit those milestones at different times and will only do certain things when they are ready, regardless of how much encouragement they have.

I need to get a highchair huh?? :shrug: I knew there was something I had forgot!!

I was wrong in last post...babies can crawl before sitting up :dohh:

It probably is to early for him to be starting that. but seriously he's trying...he's on all fours, and rocking but not moving yet...I think it will probably be two months or more before he starts moving, but my mom and OH are convinced otherwise.

I need to buy a high chair also. Might run to Target after work and pick one up...

:hugs: bethany, Im really sure its not your fault at all.. I never used to be able to put libby down for her crying its only the last few weeks she has really changed, she has always slept on her tum tho which is why her neck muscles are strong but to be honest she was born pretty strong and has always wanted to stand.. you dont have to stop going out .. if you went to your gf's house u could take a mat and toys and lay them out for her you dont have to stay in the house, granted if ur shopping she is pretty much in her pram? but you could take her out when you have lunch and sit her on your knee or stand her up with support. I really thing your reading too much into it.

If you enjoy buying her new things and can afford it - fair enough, but only do it for yourself not anyone else and the time they are in outfits I wouldnt bother paying over the hill.

She will develop at her own pace, go out and adapt play to your lifestyle xxx

You will have your hands full once he is on the move :haha:

I found we spend what seems like ages wanting our babies to walk and talk...then when they do, we wish for just 5 minutes where they would sit and be quiet :rofl:

My work just got the WORST idea ever, and I love it.

They started up a company social networking site on Yammer. Bad idea for work. Its already got a life of its own, a Zombie apocoplyse group and such...and APS! I love It, Im having fun today

I have put the pasta highchair together... Thouroghly recommend it. Easy to clean, versatile and looks good and was £21.99 :thumbup:

My neices are gorgeous :cloud9:

Zanthie Lulu 6lbs 8oz
Beatrice Lola 5lbs 15oz

I may have mixed up the middle names but meh, I have no idea who's who :rofl:

I have a few photos will post :)

Zanthie has the bright pink babygro and is the oldest and Beatrice has the light pink plain (on the right)

The have loooooooooooooads of hair :haha:

Attachments

• Zanthie and Bea.jpg
    Zanthie and Bea.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
Beautiful babygirls :cloud9:

I always worried that if I ever had identical twins, how would I know which was which, would I end up swapping their names over so one spent the rest of it's life being called the other and was none the wiser :haha: I wonder if that ever really happens?!!

i know that some people will paint one twin's toes one colour and the other another kist to know who is who :haha:

they're really good weights for being twins :)

Awww Anna congratulations they are just adorable! :D I always wanted twins I just think they are so cute - now though I am kind of glad I only have the 1 - too much hard work lol.

Big hugs Betheney - don't think you're a bad mum for wanting to be out the house every day! I am the same, I feel if I don't get out the house I end up sitting in the same chair most the day with Megan on my lap or in her chair by my feet. Even though our house is always clean and tidy I don't do a lot of housework! I don't know what a duster is at the moment lol. The only thing I make sure I do do every day is washing up, Megans bottles and make the beds!

I hate it when Megan crys so she gets her own way with a lot of things! Also she doesn't sleep much during the day unless we are out!

At least you are doing things with your baby girl and not just dumping her on babysitters whilst you go out with friends! So don't feel bad at all! She will reach all her milestones when she is good and ready! xx

Huge congratulations auntie Sophie!

:hugs: Betheney

It was 1 year ago today I got my BFP!

Hi ladies!

I havent posted in ages as since having my LO I felt as I didnt really 'fit in' anywhere. I was due 7th November but Jessica was born on 27th October 2010 and Im on your front thread of due dates.

Can I join you please? :flower: xxx

Hi ladies!

I havent posted in ages as since having my LO I felt as I didnt really 'fit in' anywhere. I was due 7th November but Jessica was born on 27th October 2010 and Im on your front thread of due dates.

Can I join you please? :flower: xxx

Of course you can join us!

of course!!!

In know at least 3 of us our october bumpkins/november sparklers - you&me & Amber, me and libby and evan and soph... forgive me girls off the top of my head I cant remember anymore xxx

here is the list lol

bushtwins - Freddie & Charlie 5th October 2010 at 7.32am and 7.40am
Hedgewitch - Aggie 7th October 2010 5lbs 3oz
Jayde1991 - Corin Mae Rose 12th October 2010 4lbs 2oz.
becci - Isabelle 17th October 2010 at 11.52pm 6lbs 4oz
vaniilla - Beautiful Baby Boy 22nd October 2010 at 5pm
lyndsey3010 - Oakley 22nd October 2010
Blkhairbeauty - Madelyn Laneya 24th October 2010 at 7.50am 8lbs
frsttimemommy -Trystin 26th October 2010
mommyconfused - Cooper 26th October 2010 at 4.11pm 7 lbs 6 oz.
Anna Matronic - Evan Andrew 27th October 2010 at 9.54am 7lbs 4oz
jkbmah - Emilia Rose 27th October 2010 5lbs 1oz
quaizer - Jessica Novia 27th October 2010 7lb 9oz
You&Me - Amber Harrie 29th October 2010 at 10.10am 7lbs 12ozs
LoulaBump - Ryan Alexander 29th October 2010 at 2.12pm 6lb6oz
BeachPrincess - Baby Boy born on 29th October 2010 6lbs 13oz.
GossipGirly - Libby Alice 6lb 30th October 2010 at 3.31am 6lbs 11oz

quite a few :D

beautiful babies sophie xx

Oh yeah and I should be a December dreamer really as my princess was born late on 3rd December x

Hi Quazer and welcome.

Congrats again Sophie the twins are gorgeous
Betheney Don't worry your LO will do things when she is ready, it is nothing to do with you being out all the time. Stop beating yourself up about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->