~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

i've come to the conclusion that Pixie is cranky the feed after getting Rice... i'm not sure if it's her tummy or that she's pissed with me because i'm not giving her rice again. lol

hmm odd!

Iv tried libby with rice again this morning due to the vast amount of milk she is drinking through the day and I think iv made the right decision, she is so excited and opening her mouth this morning for another spoonful. Just gonna stick with rice for as long as possible

pixie opens her mouth too - i just don't think she's getting enough with it if that makes sense? ill try her again at 11:30 (dinner feed)

We gave Emily rice after her 11am feed for 3 days and then moved it to after her 5pm feed. We then gave her purees after her 11am feed.

So today she will try carrot puree after her 11am feed and will have 1-2 tsp of baby rice with 1 cube of pear puree (which she has had for the previous 3 days) after 5pm feed. She will have that for about 3 days and then we will try something like sweet potato or courgette after the 11am and move the carrot to the 5pm feed, mixed with baby rice.

She gets really cross when it is all gone, starts shouting LOL

I have found that she is watching everyone eat. She sat in her highchair at the table and was shouting at the boys when they were eating their yoghurt this morning!

have I done the right thing then? Iv noticed libby doesnt take much on a morning she has a few ounces at 12.30am ish and then suprisingly (as she was in my bed) 6.30am she had about 4 but I was so tired I put her in her travel cot with light show on and she was sick as she was lying on her back so she didnt keep the whole lot down.. so because she is taking little on morning I thought Id give her some rice so she had some at about 7.30ish

Gemma thats fine :) it's meant to be morning time u start them on moosh :thumbup:

Gemma thats fine :) it's meant to be morning time u start them on moosh :thumbup:

:wacko: I never knew this!! Oooopppsss.

When I did TW with Reagan I started with the rice at about teatime.

Why do they advise you start in the morning?

I really wanted to do BLW with Amber, and there is a talk about it next week, but I really can't see her holding out for another 2ish months on just milk, so thinking I am probably going to have to start with the TW then do a mixture of both again.

i think its just because if they are fussy for whatever reason they have the whole day to get over it? :shrug: i cant for the life of me remember where i read this though :dohh:

I am thinking of giving evan rice next Sunday, I want to start him at 20 weeks and he'll be 19+4 then! Then start him on purée at some point that week :) I didn't know about the morning. Annabel karmel just says to chose a time in the day where the feed is consistent (harder for bf babies) and stick to it. I'm gonna start with lunchtime so his approx 1pm feed :)

I got a bit pissed last night. Two work colleagues popped over, one stayed half 10 and we necked 2.5 bottles of wine (from 5.30) and had a kebab. To top it off I didn't put evan to bed til she left although he was asleep and he slept til 2.15 then again til 8.

So far no screaming fits, I put his Amber necklace back on last night after 3 days with it off... I might be convinced of it's power lmao!!!!

The reason for next Sunday is purely selfish in that I'll be at my mums so she can see him have his first foods!!

My reason fir starting is we have a few of the signs snd he's feeding is very erratic during the day and I don't think he feeds enough, plus it might help his reflux :)

Emily currently has a bottle feed at about 7.30am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 7pm & 10.30pm. I started her solids at 11am so that when she starts breakfast, when her morning bottle is no longer enough for her I can delay/push the 11am feed to nearer 12, so making it lunch. She wouldn't be able to go from 7.30am to 2pm or from 12pm to 5pm without having anything. I hope to drop the 11am/12pm milk first and then the 5pm when she is ready!

I guess we all do what works for our babies. I know it worked for my boys but my friend did something different for her little girl and that worked too! There is no right and wrong, just what ever works for you. Emily's routine has to fit in around school runs and after school clubs and the boys dinnertime too. I have to be quite organized with the 3 of them:dohh:

The reason for next Sunday is purely selfish in that I'll be at my mums so she can see him have his first foods!!

My reason fir starting is we have a few of the signs snd he's feeding is very erratic during the day and I don't think he feeds enough, plus it might help his reflux :)

We waited until the weekend so we could all be there. Me, DH and my 2 boys were watching her take her first mouthful of baby rice :haha:, poor girly, I wonder what we will be like when she starts crawling or walking .

Emily is certainly more comfortable after her solids, she is still sick from her reflux but the solids, she had after her milk, stay down she just brings the milk up:dohh:

Good Luck

Jaxon gets a little bit of rice usually around 7pm or so, though he drinks his bottle before he gets his rice (and sometimes bannanas, might try some squash or sweet potato tonight though) to go along with it. As soon has he's had his fill of milk, he gets excited for his rice.

I keep thinking Erin might be ready for weaning but she still only takes 4.5-6 oz every 3-4 hours so I think we'll wait a bit longer. It all seems quite exciting but daunting at the same time!

I bought some baby rice!!!!! But no weaning gear yet :haha:

evan was soooo spoilt today!! Went into town with my colleague and she bought evan a gift :) a ted baker baseball cap (soooo cute!!) and some 3/4 length summer trousers and a shirt and some shoes!!! You know when u try to stop people but she was having none of it!!!!!!!

I got him 2 pairs of shorts and 2 romper suits with short legs were £4!!! And a hawaiian shirt pmsl!!!!

Got the twins 2 romper suits :) and a few dresses from o
peacocks one of which they didn't charge me haha!!

When I got home from work today OH had me a drink waiting. IDK what he had in it, but I am rather messed up. And then he goes and leaves!!! :| NOw I am left to watch after the kids and be inebriated and what not. :(

Just hope it wears of soon so I can be normal!

No honey it just tasted like alcohol. I'm such a lightweight lol. It's pretty much worn off now, I ate some food and I'm close to perfect now. Really tired honestly. Working am being a mom is lots of work. Can't imagine how single mommas do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->