~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

well it hasnt seemed to bother her until its cut? poor baby hope it grows up fast.. how long does it usually take kayley ?

Big :hugs: for all the tired mummy's.

I hope Libby's toothie stops giving her trouble soon.

Soph did you line the base of your cake tin with baking paper. Always works for me :thumbup:

Before I fell pregnant with George I did kung-fu and use to do 100 sits up in one go. The other day I thought it high time I got my flat tummy back so had a go and couldn't even lift my shoulders off the floor! My section has knackered my tummy muscles :cry:

Off to a BLW class in a bit :happydance:

I didn't have any baking parchment so greased it with butter which mostly worked but not quite!!

I wouldn't attempt sit ups lol!! I was never unfit or fit before, weightloss relied on stress mostly lol I have been doin aqua classes once a week and want to do zumba and spin but I have no-one to have evan :( my work colleague who I saw atthe weekend has sai her and her flatmaye will have him (work with her flatmate too) so may take them up on that!! We found a cool looking Persian restaurant we want to go to where we can smoke that flavoured tabacco stuff it's lovely :)

I miss my sister wanna see my neices :( keep seeing updates on facebook :( I was at uni when my neice was born and saw her nearly everyday until she was 3 :( they are 8 days old already :shock:

evan slept ok yay!! We are gonna mei tai it up into town to get a spoon and bowl so he can have some rice for lunch :)

TMI - has anyone noticed their toilet habits changing since havin a baby? Maybe it is breastfeeing but I go allthe time, never used to :shrug:

nice and sunny but real cold today xx

Our tickers have been buggered by the lack of feb days! It makes libby a day younger than evan when I think she's 3 :haha:

put evan in his cot to have a shower, he was awake now he's sparko :happydance: he's taken to one of those comforter things, a horse with a little blanky. I'm gonna rub it on me to give it my smell then he might settle with it bit he's huggin it now awwwwwweee :cloud9:

oh really? rgh whats Evan DOB? Libby was 30th rgh man I spose giving her rice a couple of days wont make a difference? x

27th :haha:

course it won't matter. Evan gets to try that yummy bland nothingness today!!!!!

Jaxon has decided he doesnt like this rice cereal. Much prefers his sweet potatos and bannanas....I guess I'll have to run to the store to buy more bannana's to mix in with his rice.

Today is my cousins 3rd birthday. They are having her party tonight at a hotel..with a pool. So I went out and got Jaxon little swimmers and swim trunks. Im so excited to see how he reacts in the pool!

Dani I'd say put him onto veges if he's been having the baby rice. I'm gonna give evan rice today and then introduce veges at the weekend :)

I have weaning spoons (pink and orange lmao crap boots!!) and snack pots that are green as the only weaning spoon and bowl was pink!!

Waiting for him to wake up and feed then he can have some rice :)

I've also bought carrots, sweet potato, parsnip, leek, swede to do some purees yay!!!

I have weaning spoons (pink and orange lmao crap boots!!) and snack pots that are green as the only weaning spoon and bowl was pink!!

Waiting for him to wake up and feed then he can have some rice :)

I've also bought carrots, sweet potato, parsnip, leek, swede to do some purees yay!!!

Soph, if Evan is gassy/windy I would leave the leeks out for now because they are a food that can make the problem worse, so sometimes it is best to introduce those after a year old. :thumbup:

Hope he enjoys his rice!!

Amber has eczema :nope: the doctor gave us some bath stuff and cream for it, she is having the 3 lots of Jabs wednesday, but other than that we are plodding along nicely.

Ok...so apprently im more tired than I thought...

This morning I got up to start the coffee, and then I noticed....

I used FORMULA instead of coffee....

Yeah, I got one more container of Sweet potato, and then two containers of Green beans and peas each. and lots of Fruits. However I want him to do more vegs before fruits.

Cool thanks dan didn't know that. I bought it to make soup too so won't purée it :) I might try though :)

oh my god he loved the rice lol!! Was grabbing my arms and shoving the spoon in his mouth then cried when it was all gone :rofl:

Cool thanks dan didn't know that. I bought it to make soup too so won't purée it :) I might try though :)

oh my god he loved the rice lol!! Was grabbing my arms and shoving the spoon in his mouth then cried when it was all gone :rofl:

:flower: You're welcome.

May be worth a try...I think it just has a pretty similar effect that mother's that breastfeed and eat onions can have when passed to the baby through milk, if that makes sense?

These babies are growing up so quick!!!

How often do you all get babies weighed?...With Reagan being prem I was always having her weighed, but with Amber I am really really slack on it, and only go about once every 6 weeks...is that enough?

Ah bless Evan, glad he loved his rice. Poor old George is going to be the last Sparkler to taste food by the looks of it :haha:

My BLW workshop was fab. A lady came in with her 7 month old and gave her her lunch during the workshop. She had a whole chicken leg, carrot sticks and whole broccoli florets. So funny to watch her tuck in but sooooo messy, lol.

My cousins tells me the most yummiest puree is roasted carrots, parsnips annd apple. Both her and her baby LOVE it.

I managed to catch Georgie having a giggling fit on camera, so cute the things he finds funny.

Blimmey Danielle, you must have been tired :haha:

We are going to have a lazy arfo as Georgie is snoozing on my lap. I really fancy some cake!

I go every 4 weeks dani :)

well I guess I can say I started blw cos evan grabbed the nana out my hand and shoved it in his gob!! Tw is more convinient for me especially when I go back to work, he'll be on finger foods like that at 7 months anyway they don't stay on purée for long :)

I just worry about missing the 6 month mark and lack of iron so babies should be eating solids just after 6 months but I don't like to leave it longer as I don't think he'd be getting enough from my milk and lots of babies don't eat anything for a while on blw.

Jo u are now the expert... Can I have your view?? I don't buy the force feeding that some people spout out, I think it is a very arrogant view.

wow u ladies have started weaning, i have no idea what to do! She watches us eat but hasnt tried to grab anything yet! Im leaning toward the BLW route, but do wana wait till closer to 6 mnths if i can, mainly cause i dont want to clean up the mess lol x

I hope you don't mean me being an expert Soph :rofl:

Well I have always said I would hold out to at least 20 weeks but preferably around the 6 month mark (not fussed about a few weeks either side) as I don't want to do puree, mostly from a complete lazy arse point of view but also because I do prescribe to most of the theories behind BLW.

I don't think by spoon feeding a baby, you are force feeding them, they will soon clamp their mouths shut when they have had enough, lol, which is what a lot of babies seem to do around 7-8 months anyway as they suddenly decide that they are big boys/girls and want to feed themselves, so they in effect switch themselves over to BLW and lots of finger foods. I o think both methods have a time and a place as all babies are different.

The main reason I personally want to do BLW is because I want George to know and love all his veggies. I want his carrots to look like carrots and his broccoli to look like broccoli, rather than mush, I want him to know exactly what he is eating. I also want him to enjoy these before he ever gets to taste and like the more yummy things in life like puddings which we do seem to give more readily when we puree (as most puddings aren't finger foods), even if it is a relatively healthy stewed apple and custard combo as Children being children, it won't take long before they soon show a preference and the veg get the old heave-ho. If you go down the baby jar route, that is a whole other ball game. That is just my own view, and most likely wont suit all.

I also think that even though you do have to wait a bit longer to get started on BLW, they do progress quicker, as a TW baby would only be just starting to do bigger lumps at 6 months, not blooming great chicken legs! Not sure if that helps with you going back to work Sophie? I have a friend who works in a nursery and after seeing some children who were doing BLW there, is now about to start it with her 5.5 month old.

Having said all that, it is easy when your baby (like George) shows no proper desire to eat yet. He does watch me eat but he also watches me wash the dishes, hoover and iron with interest and I know he is not ready to do any of those yet :rofl:

As we have always said, mums know their baby's best and know when the time is right but (as some of us were discussing on Friday) being bigger, not sleeping, looking 'hungry' or just draining their bottles is no real indication they are ready, and could because by something else like teething. Shan if she is showing no interest hang in there, if she starts grabbing your bananas, give her a lick and then review the situation.

It was a great workshop :thumbup:

Last night Jaxon feel asleep in his highchair. I went to through his rice away and clean up the bowls, when I turned to look at him he was snoozing away. I got pictures...so cute!

He's also been grabbing the spoon away from me when Im feeding him, and playing with it. Im fine with it, though it is messy. He has so much funny banging the spoon around.

well it hasnt seemed to bother her until its cut? poor baby hope it grows up fast.. how long does it usually take kayley ?

There isn't really any telling! It could come up really quickly like within a week or it could be a slow grower! :( Hopefully it'll come up quickly! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->